Jehovah's witnesses

I started this debate not willing to hear any hateful comments, I just want debate with one of jehovah's witnesses to prove my point of view.
In this round we will state what we believe in:
1- I believe in one and only god
2-I believe in prophets including jesus, solomon, joseph and etc.
3- I believe that the prophet Mohammed was the last prophet sent by god
4- I believe in the holy Quraan and believe that it's the last book sent by god
5- I believe in miracles
6- I believe in the day of judgement
7- I believe in heaven and hell

Hi, nice to debate with you. i will also list the thing we believe in as well, then we will continue from here on.

1: We believe in the one and only God who's name is Jehovah.
2:We acknowledge all the prophet including , Solomon, Joseph and etc.
3: We believe in the day of judgement.
4: We believe in heaven.
5: We do not believe in Hell, or that our God Jehovah aprove of such place.
6: We believe in Jesus as our king, and as the son of Jehovah.
7: We do not believe in the teaching of the trinity.

As you have already notice, our religion is also the most hated, most known and most noticeable on all media, not in a good way, so i will appreciate it if we keep things civil and as clear as possible. As i will not be fighting your religion to prove it is wrong or right rather i will state the why we believe what we believe and how we are truly Jehovah's organization. the words from our father Jehovah is what we study and meditate on it. if you want me to compare any aspect of anything i will also not hesitate but only at your request.

Thank you for accepting the challenge I really appreciate it.
But I have some questions concerning your beliefs and I would like you to answer them if you don't mind.
1- If everyone is going to heaven, then whats the need of the day of judgement?
2- Does Jehovah love kids, and if so why does he only have jesus?
3- And if Jehovah truly loves Jesus why didn't he save him from being murdered on the cross?
4- It is written that the name Jehovah witnesses was adopted in the 1930s, Why wasn't it used or known before that time? And from where it is originated, since it isn't mentioned in the bible?
5- In what way JW is related to christianity ?

I will be more then honor to answer your question. However if you ever have more questions in the future you can always find better help from our website JW.ORG. this is not to promote our website rather to help you know that we do not hide any information from anyone. specialty those who want to understand.

"1- If everyone is going to heaven, then whats the need of the day of judgement?"

We do not believe that everyone is going to heaven. that will not just make any sense now would it? let me explain?
God"s Kingdom will rule from heaven over the entire earth. At Luke 2:14
14 "Glory in the heights above to God, and on earth peace among men of goodwill."
After the end days, earth will still be here. Jehovah purpose for Adam and Eve have not yet change, we human will indeed filled the earth. All the wickedness of man will be no more, sin will be no one.
for the sake of this debate, i will keep everything strait and simple, should you have any farther question i will always do my best to answer.

"2- Does Jehovah love kids, and if so why does he only have jesus?"

Jesus is not the only child of Jehovah, each and everyone of us are. even bad people are also loved by Jehovah.
1 Samuel 1:11
11 And she made this vow: "O Jehovah of armies, if you look upon the affliction of your servant and remember me and you do not forget your servant and give to your servant a male child, I will give him to Jehovah all the days of his life, and no razor will touch his head."
Psalm 146:9
9 Jehovah is protecting the foreign residents; He sustains the fatherless child and the widow, But he thwarts the plans of the wicked.

"3- And if Jehovah truly loves Jesus why didn't he save him from being murdered on the cross?"

When God created humans, he intended for them to live forever on earth without ever suffering sickness or death. However, the first man, Adam, disobeyed the Creator and lost the prospect of living forever. As descendants of Adam, we inherited death from him.The true God, Jehovah, sent his Son, Jesus, to the earth to die and redeem what Adam had lost.
Romans 5:8
8 But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:12
12 That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned
Romans 6:23
23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
Another way i reason on this is, Adam was a perfect human, if he sinned against God what could he have offer to repent? and second he did not repent, God could have ended the existence of human right from there, but he did not, because his words always come to pass, if Adam was not going to do Gods will then God will find other means. And we are on that path today.

"4- It is written that the name Jehovah witnesses was adopted in the 1930s, Why wasn't it used or known before that time?"

Many people think that Jehovah's Witnesses is the name of a new religion. However, over 2,700 years ago, the servants of the only true God were described as his witnesses. (Isaiah 43:10-12) Until 1931, we were known as Bible Students. Why did we adopt the name Jehovah's Witness?
It identifies our God,our mission, And you know it is not about the people, but Jehovah. as Jesus teaches he was never teaching people about him, rather he was always teaching about his father in heaven.
According to ancient manuscripts, God's name, Jehovah, appears thousands of times in the Bible. In many translations this name has been replaced by titles, such as Lord or God. Yet, the true God had revealed himself to Moses by his personal name, Jehovah, saying: This is my name forever.(Exodus 3:15) In this way, he distinguished himself from all false gods. We are proud to bear God's holy name.

And still the fact that jesus died because of our sins isn't clear to me. How come Jesus the son of Jehovah die in such a way? And because of us?
I do have more questions indeed.
-Will Jehovah punish me for not believing in him? Or everyone is equal ? And if so why should we believe in him? As there is no hell as you mentioned before
- And by being the children of Jehovah, do we have 2 dads in this case?
- Is their a clear script that this is the right branch of Christianity? And what makes it the right religion?
And thank you so much for answering my previous questions, bless you.

Longline forfeited this round.

Thank you again mate for answering my questions, tho I still have some concerns that I would like you to clarify as well:
1- It is not clearly stated about the punishment, like if I chose Satan to rule the earth or whatever place he will rule what will happen during that time? And will the people who choose Satan still be alive when Jehovah will rule? And it is not stated how bad people that disobey Jehovah will be punished.
2-By being the children of god do we have 2 dads?
3- Why did Jehovah choose jesus and no one else, how come Jehovah allow such thing to happen to a person who resembles him? And for something that he is not guilty about?
4- By reading the bible what makes you believe that JW is the truth? Since it is not the same good old bible.
Resources ;

1- It is not clearly stated about the punishment,
i will answer this one, the other one i will answer in comment, because this is a lot. i want to make it clear not just leave you clueless.
I know when you see people doing bad things to each other you really want justice at a moment notice. We feel so bad that we want something equally bad to happen to whoever is causing such pain. Jehovah is not like that, tho we have his sense of justice but our mind is not as patient or well suited to comprehension perfect love. After all Jehovah's major quality is LOVE.
Some Bible translations use the word "hell" for the Hebrew word "Sheol" and the matching Greek word "Hades," both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:27) Many people believe in a fiery hell. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.
Psalm 16:10
10 For you will not leave me in the Grave.
You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit.
Acts 2:27
27 because you will not leave me in the Grave, nor will you allow your loyal one to see corruption.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. "There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.""Ecclesiastes 9:10.

Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there."Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.
Genesis 37:35
35 And all his sons and all his daughters kept trying to comfort him, but he kept refusing to take comfort, saying: "I will go down into the Grave mourning my son!" And his father continued weeping for him.
Job 14:13
13 O that in the Grave you would conceal me,
That you would hide me until your anger passes by,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!

Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. "He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.""Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God"s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: "Dust you are and to dust you will return." (Genesis 3:19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.

God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hell fire is contrary to the Bible"s teaching that "God is love.""1 John 4:8;

we have a major lesson to learn about this place call hell. it actually was a real place on the earth, a place that was used to disposal dead body, not living, but dead body where it will be burn. but at one point this place was indeed being misuse by human. and Jehovah himself told us human how he feels about such and action.
Jeremiah 7:31.
Jeremiah 7:31
31 They have built the high places of ToE7;pheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of HinE7;nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart."

the burning of human is an act that Jehovah find disgusting. so then why would he create such a place for human kind? you and i can see the injustice in such action without even being taught of justice.

Bethany was a small village that lay two miles (3 km) from Jerusalem. (John 11:18) A tragedy unfolded there a few weeks before Jesus" death. Lazarus, one of Jesus" close friends, unexpectedly became seriously ill and died.
When Jesus first heard the news, he told his disciples that Lazarus was asleep and that he intended to awaken him. (John 11:11) But Jesus" disciples did not grasp his meaning, so Jesus told them plainly: "Lazarus has died.""John 11:14.
i say think about it this way. before you where born do you remember anything? no, it was like you where in a deep sleep where your mined did not existed, knowledge did not existed nothing existed for you. Does that sound any familiar?
Ecclesiastes 9:10

Thank you for answering my questions
But my question was about the death of Jesus and not about Adam.
-And by being the children of God, does it mean that we have 2 dads?
-What's the point of creating the human beings while there is no heaven and hell? It means that god is not treating people equally. Like I would rather not believe in Jehovah and not go to temples and never go in a mission and get the same thing as the ones who believe, right? Then why are you all spending time and effort to spread this religion? Sometimes we should accept the fact that people should be treated based on what they did in life.

Thank you for debating with me I had lots of fun.
Best regards,

I think you rushed throw with this last respond. Because i answer the death of Jesus and why it is so important to us in the comment secession. from the begging i said i was going to do that. but one guy keep commenting until it will be difficult for you to track my comments that where for you to read.
As for the other question if we have two dad i also answer that.

" -What's the point of creating the human beings while there is no heaven and hell?"

i did not say there was no heaven. heaven is real, but hell does not exist. Jehovah's purpose for mankind has not change from the first day. He created us to come to worship him, and enjoy life for eternity. Hence if we human do not want to worship him, he can make anything to worship him, even a rock if he has to. But we act as if worshiping Jehovah is a very hard task, when we are constantly worshiping our own creation days in and out, we keep worshiping men who have no love for us, or goals for us to enjoy life for eternity.

"It means that god is not treating people equally."
Jehovah sees every human as equal, this mean good people and bad people. You really need to meditate on the scripture to understand some of these things i am telling you. i know you would say, how can Jehovah treat someone who kill other the same as someone who is nice? Because someone did evil that does not mean that Jehovah must punish them immediately like we humans like to see. Consider Satan the father of all evil, why is he still living today? If Jehovah had killed him from the very first day, all the angles in heaven would not have learn what they have. Jehovah is teaching Satan why he is not fit to be our ruler, he can not give us everlasting life, neither can he keep us all healthy and happy for the very life in us is from Jehovah. you can reason if Jehovah is going to such distance teaching all the angels of a wrong action done by one angle. then what about us human? our crime is not as heavy for Jehovah to forgive. but we see it that way. Jehovah has forgiven very evil people. mush more evil then you can imagine. also remember Jesus came to save evil people. Because Jehovah does not want to see anyone of us lose that chance to experience what he has for us.

that is why he does not desire to see anyone of us following Satan.

Like I would rather not believe in Jehovah and not go to temples and never go in a mission and get the same thing as the ones who believe, right?

we all have free will my friend. it is your will to follow Jehovah's will, or not to. of course you know that you can not serve two gods.

Then why are you all spending time and effort to spread this religion?
Sometimes we should accept the fact that people should be treated based on what they did in life.

Once you have come to know who Jehovah is, you will give your life for him. Going door to door is actually the least i can do to please my father. you will have certain joy in you that you will not find anywhere else. i have given up being a witness before, and i could see very clearly what Jehovah was pushing me away from, he had to teach me of what it really means not being part of the world. we have evil people and good people and people who are willing to stay committed to Jehovah because Jehovah let us all to practice our free will. we are not being control like robots, that is why you can choose to distance yourself from your creator, But Jehovah already know us far better then we know our self.

think you for you open minded and respectful discussion.
have a nice and fruitful path.
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
Follower of Christ, this debate was not intended for you to try to convert people. Your religion dislikes criticism as well. All religions do. You cannot assume that your religion is superior to the religion of Jehovah's witnesses.
Posted by Longline 6 months ago
@FollowerofChrist1955 if you want to come to understand what made me to decide to fully become a witness. you can always make it in a debate form. in that case i will have your full attention, that is as long as you are willing to learn and see from my perspective and respect each others wishes. You are not the only one who have negative view of us. you are just part of the millions of people who do not wish for enlightenment but crave for an argument.

i do not regret being a witness, and i do not feel ashamed, i am not doing this in fear of anything. Before i became a witness i was only going to church for the fear of being burn in fire. But after knowing just how loving Jehovah truly is i have no such fear, neither of death for the sake of Jehovah's name. i know he will resurrect me, and he is the only one who can truly stop my existence.

I worship Jehovah with a clear understanding of who he is and what he wants for me.

it is only because of this i am more then willing to put up a word of my mind to you, and only for the sake of Jehovah's name.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 6 months ago
Forgive me IF you get unconcern from the phrases I use. That IS MY human failing .... What I know is that you truly have invested yourself, completely and without reservation into your organization. I know that they can be cruel taskmasters to anyone who dares to question their authority ....

Reminds me of the Pharisees of old. The religious elite? But THEY WERE LOST ... weren't they. I have spoken to you the word of truth ... the rest is entirely UP to you. I KNOW God IS tugging at your heart, I KNOW your feeling something, fear? confusion maybe?

God GAVE US a conscience for a reason, it is my prayer that Go Himself WILL lead you, not literature, not opinion, not rewritten bibles. Just God.

I follow Gods, leading, not my churchs bylaws, thoughts, wants or desires. true there are times what I am learning y Gods leading differes with what a seminary student or professor. The reason for this? IS because they are taught by professors interpretations of scripture. The reason I differ is that I HAVE READ scripture only ... I do not go outside of scripture for interpretations .... WHY!

2 Peter 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation of things.

Mans VIOLATION of this FIRST PRECEPT is exactly WHY .... so many denominations EXIST. remember...
WHEN YOU BREAK ONE ...... you have LEFT the path .... and the evil one leads you further and further away until the word of God ..... can SCARCELY BE RECOGNIZED!
in the actual word of God; it is quite specific isn't it?

The Judgment of the Dead
Revelation 20
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Sigh ...... have YOU even once thought to yourself ..... WHY DID books HAVE TO BE ADDED ..... WHY was it necessary? Why was it NECESSARY to throw the bible out and REPLACE IT .... more importantly .... have you ever WONDERED WHY ..... the ORIGINAL BIBLE is outcast among your own people?

Oh .... there are PLENTY of signs of cults, that stare its own believers in the face ..... YOUR not ALLOWED an opinion are you? You are FORBIDDEN TO QUESTION YOUR DOCTRINE .... aren't you? Did GOD tell you that? or was it The ORGANIZATION. What makes YOU different from scientology, Mormons. ALL of them have cast out the scriptures AND REPLACED IT WITH THEIR OWN BIBLE ...... haven't they?

Did you know the Bible .... I mean the real one, says MORE about HELL than it does about HEAVEN?
you still have time. Don't ask THEM your questions .... ASK GOD! Let GOD show you the answers, Let God lead you Home. It DOES sa y in John 6:45

It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
Alas .... lest you turn away from sin, it shall be neither. You are participating (willfully) and SPREADING lies .. are you not ..... aware of this?

What is the punishment for lying? you see. there is only one place for those who perpetrate a lie ... isn't their. That you do not believe IN HELL ..... does not, has not, and will not, make Hell disappear?
In Russell's doctrinal chronology the most important dates were 1874 and 1914:
"The chapter in SCRIPTURE STUDIES, Vol. II, showing the parallels between the Jewish and Christian Dispensations, makes prominent four dates, viz., (1) October, 1874; (2) April, 1878; (3) October, 1881, and (4) October, 1914;" Watch Tower 1911 June 15 p.190

"The careful student will have observed that the period designated 'The Time of the End' is very appropriately named, since not only does the Gospel age close in it, but in it, also, all prophesies relating to the close of this age terminate, reaching their fulfillments. The same class of readers will have noticed, too, the special importance of the last 40 of these 115 years (1874-1914), called 'The End' or 'Harvest.'" Studies in the Scriptures Series III - Thy Kingdom Come p.121

For Rutherford the important dates were:

"WE HAVE no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925." Watchtower 1922 May 15 p.147

"A clearer understanding of Biblical chronology was published in 1943, in the book "The Truth Shall Make You Free" and it was then refined the following year in the book "The Kingdom Is at Hand," as well as in later publications.

error after error, excuse after excuse, changing of Gods word after changing of Gods word. Alas ... you are NOT following the WORD OF GOD ..... because the JW have thrown it OUT and placed their OWN ERROR FILLED Bible in its place. TAKE the REAL Bible and start using it and SEE HOW FAST the organization will turn on you. DOES GOD TURN ON HIS PEOPLE? ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE TO GOD OR TO AN ORGANIZATION?

God REQUIRES YOU to follow HIM .... not an organization. You will not find even 1 scripture even in YOUR REMADE BIBLE ..... that tells you you are to BOW to an ORGANIZATION. You are to bow BEFORE GOD!
Posted by Longline 6 months ago
i personally do not want to go to heaven. i want to enjoy this paradise once it is here, right here on earth.
Posted by Longline 6 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955 HI again. i just want to tell you something.

Why did God create the earth?
Jehovah gave the earth to men and women. It is our
home. Therefore, the first human couple, Adam and Eve,
were not created to populate the heavens"God had already
created angels to live in heaven. (Job 38:4, 7) Rather,
God took the first man and settled him in a delightful paradise
called the garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:15-17) Jehovah
gave him and his future offspring the prospect of enjoying
life without end on earth.D Read Psalm 37:29; 115:16.
Originally, only the garden of Eden was a paradise.
The first human couple were to fill the earth with their
offspring. In time, they were to subdue the entire globe
and make it a paradise. (Genesis 1:28) The earth will never
be destroyed. It will always be mankind"s h
Posted by Longline 6 months ago
By reading the bible what makes you believe that JW is the truth? Since it is not the same good old bible.

will for one thing. it is indeed the only religion on this planet where, you can go to Africa ask any Jehovah witness about Jehovah and they will give you the same answer as the witness in Canada, China any anywhere in the world.
this makes it hard for the devil to teach us about a false God. this is why the devil hates us, because Jehovah is not letting him to disrupted his organization. we do not rely on any world government to help us. everything we do is free.
Jehovah's witness are the only one truly and proudly pronouncing the name of Jehovah through out the earth, something that Jesus said we should do, make his father's name known throughout the world.
What I know is that you have invested your life into an organization replete with blatant and Obvious signs of FALSE prophecies, which sprang from Russel's delusions and spread. You cannot, deny, explain away, make excuse for .... blatant violations against the word of God ... and believe for a moment, Heaven IS your destination!

I'm truly sorry. But I know there is STILL time. Violation 1. Adding too the Biblical text- no matter what excuse you make, remains ... adding TOO the holy scriptures. Violation 2. Throwing OUT Gods word and REPLACING IT ENTIRELY ..... no matter the excuse .... God does NOT excuse such actions. Violation 3. Willful misconduct .... that is blindly accepting the excuses of mortal MAN for such conduct and violations .... LEANING ON HUMAN REASONING for each violation. Violation 4. FALSE PROPHECIES .... repeated exposure by GOD of the falsehood of The watchtower, its creator. Gods word specifically states Prophets propecies give to them BY God are NEVER WRONG!!!!!
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.