Jellon
BobTurner

Jellon deserves to lose this debate

BobTurner
Started: 9/9/2014 Category: Funny

Jellon

Pro

I contend that I deserve to lose this debate. Con must prove otherwise.
BobTurner

Con

I accept. The burden of proof is on Pro.
Jellon

Pro

My BoP is to show why I should lose this debate. I refuse to accept that BoP; instead, I propose that I should win this debate.

P1) This debate is in the "Funny" category
P2) This debate is considered funny to some or all voters who read it
C) I have created a funny debate

P1) I have created a funny debate in the Funny category
C) I should win this debate
BobTurner

Con

"My BoP is to show why I should lose this debate. I refuse to accept that BoP."

This is a fallacy.

"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever. However it is important to note that we can never be certain of anything, and so we must assign value to any claim based on the available evidence, and to dismiss something on the basis that it hasn't been proven beyond all doubt is also fallacious reasoning." [1]

"instead, I propose that I should win this debate."

Such confidence shows that he clearly deserves to win this debate.

Pro then provides us with a syllogism showing that he should win this debate. I agree. Pro should win this debate.

Now, Pro has conceded as the resolution was "Jellon deserves to lose this debate." Pro has admitted that he should win this debate. So, even though he deserves to win, he has negated his own resolution, so the only possibility is to vote con.

[1] https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
Jellon

Pro

This doesn't seem like much of a debate. Con and I both agree on the resolution that I should win this debate. Because we agree on the resolution, there is no debate. I should win.

Con pointed out that if I made a strong argument for why I deserve to lose this debate, than I would deserve to win. If I deserved to win this debate, than I would be going against my original resolution. Therefore, it would be illogical for me to make any statement that would indicate to voters that I deserve to lose. Thus, I maintain my position that I deserve to win on my original argument.
Con claimed that my first premise was wrong by stating, "This debate isn't in the Funny category." However, this is clearly wrong. It is a trivial task for the voter to check the category and validate that it is labeled, "Funny".
Con claimed that my second premise was wrong by stating, "This debate isn't funny." But I never stated that this debate was objectively funny. Funny is a relative term, and thus there is no such thing as objectively funny. So to state that something is funny is not to state that everyone should laugh at it, but rather it would not be unexpected that someone sharing the same culture and language would laugh at it. So far, all my friends and family that I've showed this to have laughed at it. I have personally shed tears in laughter. Therefore, I claim that this debate is objectively funny. If it is objectively funny, than my premise holds and so does my conclusion that I should win this debate.
Given that Con has such weak arguments against my premise, I claim he has not performed well in this debate. Therefore, I deserve to win this debate.
BobTurner

Con

Pro doesnt respond to any of my arguments. He says he deserves to win. I agree. The resolution, for which he is Pro, is that he deserves to lose. He has conceded the debate.

vote con.
Posted by BLAHthedebator 3 years ago
BLAHthedebator
Ok, so Jellon lost, which means he did deserve to lose, which made him right. But then that would make him win instead, and the resolution was that he deserved to lose, so he did deserve to lose, but he didn't, which would make him lose, which would make him win, which would...
You get the point.
Posted by Jellon 3 years ago
Jellon
I was inspired by, "This statement is false."
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
JellonBobTurnerTied
Reasons for voting decision: what!! u mad bro. Pro contradicts himself....so.....he deserves to lose!
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 3 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
JellonBobTurnerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I know by giving con the points, pro wins but pro conceded with his arguments against him