Chunkymilk
jenindagreat

Jessie is a Racist Show

Chunkymilk
Started: 12/23/2013 Category: TV

Chunkymilk

Pro

I believe that the show Jessie on Disney channel is a racist show. There are many reasons why and one of them is the fact that the characters are so stereotypical. The fact the the character Ravi even changed the way his voice sounds says a lot. Not all Indian boys are like Ravi, not all black girls are like Zuri, not all white girls are like Emma, and the same thing goes for Luke. Does this not disturb you that not just Disney but the creator would let this happen. Its either that or Disney channel is oblivious to everything around them which is likely. I think that the creator or at least the writer is definitely aware of this. The actors may just be as oblivious as Disney channel.

And to conclude Jessie makes me sick. Cannot stand watching it. Something needs to be done. Unless someone can convince me that I a wrong a petition is being made.
jenindagreat

Con

To tell you the truth that is just their personalities. Zuri is a diva and that is not stereotypical.Emma is just into fashion and luke just happens to be gross. But I do agree that Ravi should not have changed his voice for the show
Chunkymilk

Pro

As someone said in the comments section that was supposed to be against me but however will strengthen my point is that the Ravi's personality is supposed to be humorous because it is stereotypical. That sounds pretty racist to me. You have made me change my mind about
Ravi's voice but can you not see that their personality is so racist and stereotypical. Click the following link for more info.

http://www.8asians.com...
jenindagreat

Con

jenindagreat forfeited this round.
Chunkymilk

Pro

Did you forfeit because you think you lost, ran out of evidence, or forgot to post?

The following quote is a comment for the show Jessie on the website: Jessie: Worst Disney Channel Shows | TheTopTens.com *

"Zuri-(-10000 out of 10000)
She is such a brat and there are no words that can explain enough of how much I hate her. My sister is starting to act a lot like her. This is a bad show that influences bad things.

Emma-(1 out of 100)
I give her this score because I feel bad how they make her a "dumb blonde." Disney what are you trying to teach these kids?

Luke-(-10000 out of 10000)
This guy is always make "suggestions" that are very inappropriate (sorry I keep forgetting how to spell this word). I honestly feel like he is going to grow up to be a rapist.

Ravi-(-100000 out of 10000)
This kid is always somehow insulting India. I have never been there yet I have so much respect for every country.

Bertram or Bertrum-(100 out of 500)
I feel sad for him a little because they are always making fun of him being overweight. Disney teach the kids right. You might as well make this show for adults.

Least but also the worst Jessie-(-1000000 out of 1000000000000)
She always leaves the kids alone and if they do something wrong she either does nothing or sends them to there room to "think about their life" NOT punishment Jessie.

This show gives off bad influences. I am only a kid and I love show from the 70's like Sanford and Son, What's Happening and Good Times.

I get sick and tired of asking people about the show and then if they ask to tell what it's about and you start off saying when it was aired they are all like "I don't know no show that was from a long time ago. What are you 70 years old"

The parts I want to point out is the part were he/she was talking about Emma, Ravi (,this is not a cause of his accent, I agree with you about the accent), Bertrum, and the part about bad influence. These are all very true. (I agree with the whole thing but it is non-related to the debate so do not debate on it. Please do not.)

*If the link did not work try this link: http://www.thetoptens.com...
jenindagreat

Con

jenindagreat forfeited this round.
Chunkymilk

Pro

I think I win. Yay!!! He forfeits.
jenindagreat

Con

jenindagreat forfeited this round.
Posted by katban 3 months ago
katban
I think that the show is stereotypical. Not only do racist stereotypes prevail, but there is little justification for them since all of the kids are growing up in the same household with the same rules and standards. Because of that, they're saying not only that the stereotypes exist, but that they are innate and not cultural.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
Race is involved. They are being stereotypical about their race.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
That is sick humor than.
Posted by DB8ISSUES17 3 years ago
DB8ISSUES17
I believe Disney overdid it on the stereotypes in the show, but I also believe it is only for the humor. Disney may even be mocking these racial stereotypes. Also, Disney emphasizing these stereotypes is not racist, it is prejudiced. The term 'racist' only applies to a situation where a race is deemed superior/inferior to another. This is compared to the term 'prejudiced,' which implies assuming all people of a certain racial/ethnic group act a certain way.
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
I dont meant it's stupid. I mean it's useless like whats the point.
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
This debate is stupid. It's not going to cancel Jesse. Who cares that the Indian immigrant still has a thick Indian accent. Who cares that the rich white girl acts like a rich white girl?
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
did you even read my debate
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
why do you disagree
Posted by Cooldudebro 3 years ago
Cooldudebro
I would debate against you, but I have to many debates going on.
Posted by Chunkymilk 3 years ago
Chunkymilk
Who agrees?
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
ChunkymilkjenindagreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins because of forfeit pretty simple