Believe_InIslam
DeeAnn

Jesus Can't Be God

DeeAnn

Believe_InIslam

Pro

In Christianity, There are ten commandments. The first one, which is undeniably one of the most important, says that, You shall have no Gods before me. It sounds simple, since my religion (Islam) also believes in the following of one god. As it is mentioned in many other Islam Vs. Christianity debates, one of the most well known mistakes in Christianity is the fact that they worship Jesus as God which directly defys the first commandment. It had come to my attention that It is also believed in Christianity that Jesus is God himself, a basic hollow shell forged for God but while still maintaining divinity, is lower then the Angels of God. If Jesus is indeed god, then why would God himself be below his very creations? The ones bound eternally to him.

Evidence extracted from:

John 10:30-33 " I and The Father Are One."
DeeAnn

Con

My opponent has stated that Jesus cannot be god, according to the Bible. So is it implying he believes in the Bible? Otherwise, why would that be his one and only source?

Anyways, he will have to prove that Jesus absolutely CANNOT be God. He never said anything about being in accordance to any religion, so I will have to assume we are using logic to determine the answer.

So far, very few if any things in the universe, if any, are absolute. Most things we deem "impossible" is just practically impossible or the chances are so slim we dismiss any hope that shines through. So is the fact that Jesus cannot be god really amongst the impossibilities? That will be what my opponent has to argue.

I am not saying Jesus is god. I don't need to;What I have to argue, is that there IS a possibility. However, I am not saying that Jesus is not god either. I will not answer if Jesus is god or not if asked, as that is irrelevant.

So over to Pro. How will you prove that Jesus Can't Be God? I await your response.
Believe_InIslam

Pro

Believe_InIslam forfeited this round.
DeeAnn

Con

He was debating somebody else on the same issue 7 hours ago on his profile, yet he doesn't provide anything for me? :-(
Believe_InIslam

Pro

Believe_InIslam forfeited this round.
Believe_InIslam

Pro

Believe_InIslam forfeited this round.
Believe_InIslam

Pro

Believe_InIslam forfeited this round.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Just to put this out there, God did say to make man in "our" image but is this evidence of Jesus as God or proof of a Heavenly Mother? We do say God is Heavenly Father so there is most likely a Mother to the Father. Just brain food to chew on.
Posted by DeeAnn 2 years ago
DeeAnn
lolzors93 Once we have concluded our debate, would you mind voting? :)
Posted by lolzors93 2 years ago
lolzors93
I'm against Islam.
Posted by DeeAnn 2 years ago
DeeAnn
lolzors93 Sorry, who's side are you on?
Posted by lolzors93 2 years ago
lolzors93
In the very first chapter of the Bible, "God [singular] said, 'Let us [plural] make man in our [plural] image [singular], after our [plural] likeness [singular].'" One would have to argue that the Scriptures are false here in order to be consistent with Islam.
Posted by saromon50 2 years ago
saromon50
This should be interesting, I tip my hat to Con. Very good sir! I would just like to say that in Christianity, God is considered to be the Trinity. Composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy spirit. These three beings making up what the Christian religion refers to as God.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Believe_InIslamDeeAnnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con. Gave better argument and pro gave up.