Jesus Christ Doesn't Hate Homosexuals

YatesUni has forfeited round #2.

Let me start by saying that I have seen a debate like this before, and when I read the topic i was happy to hear that the debate was happening, but grew disappointed when I saw that the person who held my position had poor conduct and declared himself victorious in the third round. This made it so very little real debating even happened. So I decided to hold another debate on the same topic.

Let me start by saying that many people have the misconception that since the bible itself has rules against gays, that Jesus HAS to agree with them, after all, he is God right. Well, not exactly. The rules against gays are a part of Moses's laws, but them being laws doesn't mean Jesus (or even God, for that matter) agrees with them, that is why I generally don't like it whenever the laws in Leviticus are used against Christianity. For instance, Jesus has shown his disagreement with Moses's laws before, when he defended an adulterer. In the book of Leviticus it is stated that if a women sleeps with another man, then she was to be stoned to death. He stood in front of a crowd and defied her right to live, despite what the law said. So why should we believe that this is the only law he doesn't agree with.

Also, Jesus's message was not to love each other as Christians only, it was to love everyone, with no exceptions. He taught us to hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Best of luck to my opponent!

Jesus Christ does not hate anyone. He loves everybody, even those who sin. While homosexuality is a sin, the bible writes that sins can be forgiven.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 2 months ago
A few points for you pro...

First of all your last comment is correct, Jesus taught us to love each other (all) regardless of the sins we commit individually.
Secondly, Jesus is God.
Third, God gave the law to Moses so of course he (Jesus) agrees with it.
Lastly, Jesus was not defending what she did, she will be judged for her sins, he was asking the others to throw a stone only if they were free from sin. In other words this relates to your last comment of not judging others if they to are sinners.
Posted by NothingSpecial99 2 months ago
In fact he loved them enough to die on a cross for their sins
Posted by Throwback 2 months ago
Agree with Pro....sorry.
Posted by Lexus 2 months ago
That's like unavoidably true, he didn't _hate_ anyone. If you want to debate whether being gay is a sin, that's a topic of discussion, but this really isn't.