Illegalcombatant
Priceless29

Jesus Christ as shown in the bible is a bad person and dangerous to America Values

Priceless29

Illegalcombatant

Pro

Definitions

Jesus Christ = Jesus of Nazareth (7–2 BC/BCE – 30–36 AD/CE), commonly referred to as Jesus Christ or simply as Jesus or Christ, is the central figure of Christianity & The principal sources of information regarding Jesus are the four canonical gospels, and most critical scholars find them, at least the Synoptic Gospels, useful for reconstructing Jesus' life and teachings

Bible = The Christian Bible is divided into two parts. The first is called the Old Testament, containing the (minimum) 39 books of Hebrew Scripture, and the second portion is called the New Testament, containing a set of 27 books. The first four books of the New Testament form the Canonical gospels which recount the life of Christ and are central to the Christian faith.

America =The United States of America (also referred to as the United States, the U.S., the USA, or America) is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. also known as Gods country and Gods chosen people.

Opening Arguments........

My fellow Americans and her western allies. We know we live in dangerous times, and Gods country is under never ending attacks from Satan and his minions. But we have let the ball drop, there is another attack on America and her values, an attack by Jesus of the bible. We have worked long and hard to put this little rebellious agitator into the grave, but the little bastard keeps rising up again, well once and for all it time to make Jesus of the bible dead, and make him stay dead.

I shall now show the most damming evidence of this terrorists jihad against American values......

"And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept (S)all these things from my youth up." 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have (T)treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." 22 But at these words [g]he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property." [1]

COMMUNIST ALERT !!!! COMMUNIST ALERT !!!! COMMUNIST ALERT !!!!

Sorry Jesus "STALIN" Christ, but I suggest you take your evil satanic marxism and go back to Russia.

""Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. 20 And a poor man named Lazarus (S)was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. 22 Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to (T)Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 In (U)Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried out and said, ‘(V)Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in (W)this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that (X)during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26" [2]

What kind of non sense is this ? This rich man provide jobs to people, and was part of the reason of the wealth creation of the state, and this is the thanks he gets ? Is this what we should be teaching our future business leaders at Harvard and Oxford ? Hey help create wealth so you can be thrown into hell ? Typical marxist non sense, rich people are good people and they pay most of the tax, while the greedy, lazy poor all they do is complain. I own the means of production, I own the land, now shut up and work to make me rich, that reminds me I need to hire a few more mexicans......

"Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and [i]defer to no one; for You are not partial to any. 17 Tell us then, what do You think? Is it [j]lawful to give a (M)poll-tax to (N)Caesar, or not?" 18 But Jesus perceived their [k]malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the (O)coin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a [l]denarius. 20 And He *said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" 21 They *said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He *said to them, "(P)Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." 22 And hearing this, they were amazed, and (Q)leaving Him, they went away." [3]

Wrong answer Jesus "Obama" Christ, the correct answer is, taxation is evil, and makes a thief of the state. Except if the taxation is spent on the military and police and any other way to keep the people in line, then its ok I guess, but if its spent on basic humans needs like health, housing, water, food, then its obviously pure evil.

""In everything, (I)therefore, [i]treat people the same way you want [j]them to treat you, for (J)this is the Law and the Prophets."

So when I see homeless sick guy on the street I should put my self in their shoes ? Maybe consider the pain and suffering of this person and what lead to it ? No, how about I tell the lazy bastard to go get a job.

"When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on (B)the [a]mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 (C)He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying,
3 "[b](D)Blessed are the [c]poor in spirit, for (E)theirs is the kingdom of heaven." [4]

No, blessed are the best kick a$$ military the world has ever seen, Hooray !!!

4 "Blessed are (F)those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." [4]

No, blessed are those that rejoice when their stocks go up.

5 "Blessed are (G)the [d]gentle, for they shall inherit the earth." [4]

If by gentle you mean the rich and powerful, then sure.

6 "Blessed are (H)those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." [4]

Blessed are those that thirst for keeping the unwashed masses in their place, poor, powerless, and fearful, very very fearful.

7 "Blessed are (I)the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. [4]

Blessed are those that tell homeless guy to go get a job.

8 "Blessed are (J)the pure in heart, for (K)they shall see God. [4]

Wishy washy hippy crap has no place for a super power such as the USA.

The next time you think Jesus "Osama" Christ, think TERRORIST.

[1] http://www.biblegateway.com...
[2] http://www.biblegateway.com...
[3] http://www.biblegateway.com...
[4] http://www.biblegateway.com...
Priceless29

Con

Jesus, as my opponent already stated, taught in the early years of the Common Era. His teachings have influenced thousands and created a new religion, which as of now, 76% of Americans state as their religion of choice. Jesus Christ is NOT dangerous to American values.

Danger being defined as "The possibility of suffering harm or injury."

My opponent also never stated what American values are, but I will bring some of them about with my rebuttal of my opponent's claims.

I will now counter my opponents opening argument:
First my opponent said
"COMMUNIST ALERT !!!! COMMUNIST ALERT !!!! COMMUNIST ALERT !!!!

Sorry Jesus "STALIN" Christ, but I suggest you take your evil satanic marxism and go back to Russia."

He claims that Jesus is a communist because Jesus tells a wealthy man to give his stuff to the poor. But Jesus is just asking for charity, he is not telling the man to redistribute the wealth because we need a classless society. Charity is something that Americans see value in, according a survey done the United States ranked fifth in most charitable countries in the world.

My opponent then talks about how Jesus is advocating taxes. My opponent claims that taxes are evil because it is stealing. It is not however; stealing is taking something and giving nothing back in return. The government uses taxes for stuff that the taxpayer can use, such as police and military. This is not stealing then since they both get something. It's an exchange. The majority of Americans (57%) also agree that basic standards of living should be provided such as "food, housing, medical care and old age protection" according to a survey done on political views. Something that can be given through the use of taxes.

As a side note, the rich don't actually create jobs. Demand for certain products create jobs. When demand for something goes up, so do the need for supply and the need for workers. In there we see the need for more jobs. Rich people don't just willy-nilly create jobs out of thin air.

My opponent calls out homeless people, calling them lazy bastards. Some homeless people though, suffer from a serious mental illness (20 to 25%). You wouldn't call a schizophrenic lazy would you?

My opponent has not backed up any of his statements with reasoning. I have shown that Jesus is not dangerous to American values; in fact he promotes some of the ones the majority of Americans agree with. The majority of people follow his religion in America. My question is how could he be dangerous to American values if so many Americans follow him?

-Sources
http://www.americanprogress.org...
http://silentrebellion.newsvine.com...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Illegalcombatant

Pro

I thank Con for their response.

I am not going to dignify Cons remark about American values being undefined. What are our troops fighting for in IRack ? AMERICAN VALUES.

Con remarks that " But Jesus is just asking for charity, he is not telling the man to redistribute the wealth because we need a classless society"

If only if this was true, trouble is Jesus didn't just teach "charity" he told the guy to sell everything he had. Con had to misrepresent Jesus of the bible here to make their argument work.

Con says "My opponent then talks about how Jesus is advocating taxes"

This is another mis representation, I didn't rebuke this Jesus "I hear he was born in Kenya" Christ for advocating taxes, I rebuked this little tax and spend democrat cause when asked about taxes he didn't give a clear rebuke of the evil of taxation. This is SOCIALISM people !!!

Con says "My opponent calls out homeless people, calling them lazy bastards. Some homeless people though, suffer from a serious mental illness (20 to 25%). You wouldn't call a schizophrenic lazy would you?"

Typical bleeding heart liberal excuses, go back to France you cheese eating surrender monkey. My forefathers didn't fight in wars just to heart this nonsense, and by fighting in wars I mean getting an exemption from the military draft.

Con says " The government uses taxes for stuff that the taxpayer can use, such as police and military. This is not stealing then since they both get something. It's an exchange. "

I applaud Con for supporting taxation that goes to increasing government power, like the police and the CIA water boarding those nasty terrorists. My argument wasn't against that, it was against taxation being used in anyway to help poor people. Taxation + helping poor people = SOCIALISM. This is United States of America not the United Socialists of America, don't like it ? Europe is that way -------------------->

Con says "My opponent has not backed up any of his statements with reasoning. I have shown that Jesus is not dangerous to American values; in fact he promotes some of the ones the majority of Americans agree with. The majority of people follow his religion in America."

Thank God Christianity has not much to do with the bible Jesus.......... HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD !!!

It may seem all hope is lost, but fear not, there are brave billionaires funding evangelicals everywhere, to get rid of this anti American Jesus with a Jesus that is more inline with American values. Never the less, I have shown the biblical Jesus to be a glorified Trotsky, thus is a danger to American Values.

Vote Pro.
Priceless29

Con

My opponent says that we are fighting for AMERICAN VALUES in Iraq, but I ask the question: what are AMERICAN VALUES?

Never once has my opponent said what American Values are. I meanwhile have shown you that the few biblical quotes Pro has pulled into this debate are not against American values but actually what many Americans believe.

Jesus taught charity, albeit an extreme form, but nonetheless as I pointed out, America is the 5th most charitable nation in the entire world. Therefore because we give so much to those who are deserving it must be a value to Americans.

Next I gave a logical defense of taxes, showing that it is not theft. My opponent seemed to not care, still stating that taxes are Socialistic. Which brings about another question: my opponent never explains why Socialism is bad.

After numerous ramblings, including me being called a "cheese eating surrender monkey who should go back to France." Side note, France actually has the third highest military spending in the world.http://en.wikipedia.org.... While this does not necessarily translate into a good military, it more than likely does.

Finally at the end, my opponent states that he has shown Jesus to be a biblical Trotsky, thus dangerous to American values.

To put his premise into steps this is it.

1) Socialism is evil
2) Trotsky is a socialist
3) Jesus is a socialist
4) America is not a socialistic country
5) Therefore Jesus is dangerous to America

-My opponent has proved NONE of this. His entire argument was nothing but a bunch of radical right-wing tea party type nonsensical rants.

Given the fact that I have shown evidence and used reason in my debate. Besides not only shooting down my opponents entire argument I urge you to vote Con.
Posted by Priceless29 5 years ago
Priceless29
I'm not saying that the French army is any better than the United States. I simply wanted to point out the falseness of the stereotype. If your comparing the United States army to every other army then you can call just about every army in the world "jokes".
Posted by blackhawk1331 5 years ago
blackhawk1331
I'll tell you what, priceless, you take the French army and I'll take the US army. We'll see who wins. Who do you say "we surrender" in French?
Posted by Illegalcombatant 5 years ago
Illegalcombatant
For those who keep asking is this a joke, I refer you to POES laws.

http://rationalwiki.org...'s_Law
Posted by Priceless29 5 years ago
Priceless29
"Their military is still a joke"

What evidence do you have to support that? Besides the obvious stereotype. France has the largest army, manpower wise, in Europe and the 3rd most amount of nuclear weapons in the world (Behind the US and Russia).

Posted by blackhawk1331 5 years ago
blackhawk1331
First if all, I wonder if Pro has been hit with a lightning bolt yet. Second, how did pro come up with Christianity NOT hinging on Jesus? Last I checked, that was the biggest difference between christianity and Judaism. Also, were do Christmas, Easter, and Good Friday come from? Unless I'm mistaken, they come from Jesus's birthday, crucifixion, and resurrection. Finally, I dint believe we are fighting for American values in Iraq. We are fighting for the ideals in my opinion. We are also probably there to defend the oil.

To con, I don't care if the French have the third largest military budget in the world, their military is still a joke.
Posted by Priceless29 5 years ago
Priceless29
Purely out of curiosity Illegalcombatant, was this a joke?
Posted by Illegalcombatant 5 years ago
Illegalcombatant
Touched a nerve there did I reformed ?
Posted by SkepticsAskHere 5 years ago
SkepticsAskHere
Oh gosh when I read the part that read COMMUNIST ALERT! Jesus "Stalin" Christ I laughed so hard
Vote Placed by blackhawk1331 5 years ago
blackhawk1331
IllegalcombatantPriceless29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't see any need to explain my choices. They should be self explanatory.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
IllegalcombatantPriceless29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was clearly a joke, Con could have deadpanned a response and won but would have required a much more involved response to do that. 3:1 Pro
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
IllegalcombatantPriceless29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is the most ridiculous (as in, worthy ridicule) debate I have seen yet. Pro's arguments are offensive, poorly constructed, and poorly formatted. 7:0 Con.
Vote Placed by SkepticsAskHere 5 years ago
SkepticsAskHere
IllegalcombatantPriceless29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro seemed like he was joking with some of his arguments (even though they were funny so I gave him a point). However Con had better arguments overall.