Stupidape
LucasTheLlama

Jesus Christ loves gays equally as much as straights.

LucasTheLlama has forfeited round #2.

Stupidape

Pro

This is strictly from a Christian point of view.

I hear slogans otherwise. I want to clarify what I think is correct. Jesus Christ loves gays as much as straight people. Here's why, there is a vast difference between sexual orientation and sinful deeds.

Sexual orientation is a static state, like being male, Caucasian, and naturally red hair. You don't really have much control if any over these characteristics. Actions on the other hand you do.

Sin, is a breach of God's divine law. Simply by being gay you are not sinning in anyway. A gay person can be a virgin or marry the opposite sex. That being said homosexual actions are considered sin by the Bible.

In summary, there is a great chasm between a human's sexual orientation and sinful acts of homosexuality. God hates sin. God loves gays as much as straights. Thanks for reading.
LucasTheLlama

Con

First, I just want to say that I am not Christian, but I grew up in a Christian family and I actively study religion. Next, all my arguments will be straight out of the Bible, and not the old testament.

God does NOT love gay people equally. A perfect example is Romans 1:26-27

"For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error."

This obviously describes homosexuals as full of error, unnatural, and homosexual acts as shameful. Now, your argument is that if homosexuals do not do homosexual acts, they are free of sin. While this is true, this causes them to lead an unhappy life. They will never have a partner they truly love if they abstain from such acts. If God really loved them, why would he cause them to suffer and choose between sinning and love?
Stupidape

Pro

Everything you said before this paragraph I am about to quote reinforces what I stated. Specifically this sentence.

"Now, your argument is that if homosexuals do not do homosexual acts, they are free of sin. While this is true, this causes them to lead an unhappy life." LucasTheLlama

You straight out admit I am correct in this sentence.

"While this is true, this causes them to lead an unhappy life. They will never have a partner they truly love if they abstain from such acts. If God really loved them, why would he cause them to suffer and choose between sinning and love?" LucasTheLlama

Why does God let people starve to death? Why is there war, famine, plague, and death in the world? The answer is the lord works in mysterious ways. [0] I don't see non-practicing gays as any less happy than the average person. Thanks for debating.

Source
0. http://biblehub.com...
Posted by ThisIsMyUsername333 6 months ago
ThisIsMyUsername333
I think that Jesus wouldn't have thought that homosexuality is a static state. He would look at it as if it gays were gay because they chose a sinful life, and that they chose to disobey God.

However, I wouldnt think that he would hate them because of it, or treat them completely different than straights. There is an often-quoted biblical phrase (I think it was derived from St. Augustine or something), and it goes something like "hate the sin, but don't hate the sinner." Jesus wouldn't appreciate their homosexuality, but he would appreciate knowing them. "Hate the sin, don't hate the sinner" was also used in Ghandi's autobiography, as well.
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
trueth
Posted by Falcon_Chapter 6 months ago
Falcon_Chapter
What are you actually Debating?
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
god hates gays, thats why he sends them to hell