Stupidape
Demonoid

Jesus Christ loves gays equally as much as straights.

Demonoid

Stupidape

Pro

This is strictly from a Christian point of view.

I hear slogans otherwise. I want to clarify what I think is correct. Jesus Christ loves gays as much as straight people. Here's why, there is a vast difference between sexual orientation and sinful deeds.

Sexual orientation is a static state, like being male, Caucasian, and naturally red hair. You don't really have much control if any over these characteristics. Actions on the other hand you do.

Sin, is a breach of God's divine law. Simply by being gay you are not sinning in anyway. A gay person can be a virgin or marry the opposite sex. That being said homosexual actions are considered sin by the Bible.

In summary, there is a great chasm between a human's sexual orientation and sinful acts of homosexuality. God hates sin. God loves gays as much as straights. Thanks for reading.
Demonoid

Con

Hello there my friend. This is my first debate in a year, so I'm excited to debate this.

First off, I would like to state I'm an atheist, so I have a lack of belief in god or gods.

Second: Yes sexual orientation is static, your gender (whether your gay or straight or bi) is what your born with. Also, Jesus Christ, whether or not he existed, didn't ever, once, say anything about homosexuality in the bible. However isn't Jesus not only the Son of God, but God himself?

I end my opening statements: Good luck!
Stupidape

Pro

My opponent seemingly agrees with me. Then, my opponent makes a strange argument which I fail to see the impact of. Therefore, I see the argument as a red herring.

"However isn't Jesus not only the Son of God, but God himself?" Demonoid

I see this sentence as having no relevance to the debate. This sentence does not contradict my argument in anyway.
Demonoid

Con

First off, that was my opening statement.

Now, one with the debate.

Look, it seems you have misunderstood my point. The point was, how am I supposed to debate a topic about what Jesus said or didn't say when he made no statements or parables about homosexuality in the first place, so because of that, I took the argument in a new direction by asking you, isn't Jesus also God? Because A very large number of people in your religion would think so.

What I am trying to say is that, since Jesus is also your God and your god the holy spirit and all that trinity stuff, that means that Gods actions and his deeds you believe to be true would matter and be relevant here.

Basically, since your basic thesis makes no claims that are technically wrong, we should move the debate to a more relevant topic about homosexuality in the bible. Its really about God loving or hating gays that we should be debating.

So I either encourage you to start a better titled debate and we can debate there or write up something now so I can respond to it.
Stupidape

Pro

"Basically, since your basic thesis makes no claims that are technically wrong, we should move the debate to a more relevant topic about homosexuality in the bible. " demoniod

You are agreeing with me. Then, let us finish this debate, and you can start another more interesting debate. I win my opponent agrees with me.
Demonoid

Con

I never said I agree with you, You cant even make a proper debate to have someone respond to. It is true that the Jesus in your bible never made statements about homosexuality. but you said he did. you said he loves gays but Jesus never said anything about the subject positive or negative so it doesn't matter anyway.

So in the end you have failed to make any new points. Respond to anything that I said in round two and you essentially have failed to actually debate and make a clear topic on which to take a side on.

This entire "debate" you have made, is so completely vague that I couldn't even make sense of what you were trying to debate in the end.

If you actually read this far down Stupidape, then I would suggest you take the time to think about your topic and your thesis and opening arguments harder. Thank you.
Posted by whiteflame 3 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Skinnyp// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Easy

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD.
************************************************************************
Posted by Demonoid 3 months ago
Demonoid
Apparently someone voted all his points on stupid ape with out explaining why. How intellectually dishonest do you and your either fake account or friend do you have to be to do this.

And if you are not using a friend or fake account, I suggest they realize how badly this debate was formatted by stupidape and how I tried to actually push the debate in a direction so that we could "debate".

Either all of that or whoever voted is actually, physically, brain dead.
Posted by Stupidape 3 months ago
Stupidape
"There was very little said about the topic so grammar, arguments and sources were not judge upon because there was none. The better conduct went to Con for attempting to argue his point, neither side had much to say about the debate. Con had more of a reasonable approach and side. Recommendations for the future, regardless if your opponent is staying on topic continue to argue your point, do not follow into the rabbit hole." Innkeep

My opponent used so many red herrings I didn't even notice that he/she made any counter claims. I thought my opponent agreed with me. Second, my opponent's real argument waited to the last round when I couldn't respond. My opponent made no argument in the first round, all red herrings.

Finally, it is common knowledge that Jesus loves mankind, he died on the cross for our sins. I didn't state that in the debate, because I didn't see any attempt by my opponent to make a debate and I assumed everyone knew this. My opponent stating that Jesus didn't specifically mention loving gays. This is probably true, but then again I don't see God specifically stating he loved people with red hair and so forth.
Vote Placed by Innkeep 3 months ago
Innkeep
StupidapeDemonoidTied
Reasons for voting decision: There was very little said about the topic so grammar, arguments and sources were not judge upon because there was none. The better conduct went to Con for attempting to argue his point, neither side had much to say about the debate. Con had more of a reasonable approach and side. Recommendations for the future, regardless if your opponent is staying on topic continue to argue your point, do not follow into the rabbit hole.