Laprlev
Blaedz

Jesus Christ never existed and was created by Constantine

Blaedz

Laprlev

Pro

1st Round - Acceptance, 2nd and 3rd Rounds - Arguments
Blaedz

Con

Well, kind sir, I know not what you mean when you say acceptance.

If you mean whether or not I accept the challenge than I do accept your challenge, for I have never backed down from one in my lifetime, and don't plan on doing so with this.

If you mean if I acknowledge that you too may have a view point on this topic and that it is not just the one that I hold than I accept that as well.

I wish you the most of luck in this debate sir, for you may need it. I hold a very passionate view on this topic and I am willing to do all I can do to protect it.
Laprlev

Pro

Laprlev forfeited this round.
Blaedz

Con

Well, I'm quite disappointed that you did not post an argument in the days you were given due to other's incapability to respect one another, but I truly hope this debate will still go on and that people will be more fair in their votings than bias.

Anyways, in hope of the debate still going to be able to happen, I suppose I shall be the one to begin the opening argument.

As mentioned in the comments, historians have come to the consensus that Jesus Christ was indeed a real historical figure (I truly hope you do not mind me not arguing about all the miracles Jesus had done, but just the mere existence of the Jesus of Nazareth), take historian's Bart Erhman's writing about Jesus for example where I felt like he had given a fairly good argument about why he believe's Jesus to have existed. Anyhow before the argument of ad-populum may appear in this debate, I will say that I would agree that would not mean he had existed if, this were not just agreement between historians that he had existed, but due to it being people who had dedicated their lives to a profession in studying history, a major agreement like the one historians had about Jesus existing is likely to mean he had existed.

There is also another case that could be argued where Jesus was not created by any other type of god where it is said that the stories of these gods were not fully shared among the people around the time of the time of the publication of the Holy Bible and that there were little way of them knowing the full stories of these former gods. It wasn't even until we began to unbury these mysteries a few hundred years back that we ourselves were even full aware of the full story of these gods. We must always remember that correlation does not equate to causation when coming to conclusions of things.

I truly hope that this debate does not end before it begins, so I'll also just stop there to give you a chance to have your say without me like dominating this whole thing, lol. So peace, mate.
Laprlev

Pro

Laprlev forfeited this round.
Blaedz

Con

*victory lap*

You did good. You did good. Maybe one day you can be just like me. I am Blaedz and I am living proof that dreams do come true. The best things in life cannot be seen; they can't be heard, they will be felt in your heart and all you have to do is #BLieve!

Now I want every real American in this room to be stand and with your hands over your heart, in a clear loud voice, say it with me, "WE THE PEOPLE!"
Posted by Blaedz 2 years ago
Blaedz
oh ok, is it acceptable if I do a victory lap if he forfeits the round, then?
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
Yup,unless he reactivates for the third time
Posted by Blaedz 2 years ago
Blaedz
Um, so does that mean no debate?
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
He closed his account after I voted against him
Posted by neutral 2 years ago
neutral
Can we vote now ... Constantine Created Jesus 300 years after the fact! Yet we have Christian artifacts dated 2-300 years earler? So ... either Constantine could travel through time (in which case he may very likely have created Jesus) or he is immortal ... and possibly Jesus. Love to see the creative writing on this one.
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
How am I arrogant? All I've done is vote on your debates, with long comment RFD's. Seriously? I've never even had a conversation with you until now. -_-
Posted by Laprlev 2 years ago
Laprlev
ChosenWolff: Yes, I do agree and believe with the person that you debated with on that. Did I allow that to affect my voting, no. I provided clear explanation on why. Just one thing here: As far as sources, you did not use a single one, at least you did not provide one, therefore, all those points went to your opposition. Take any debate class, like I have multiple times in college and high school and random ones given in the community, you must provide sources to add to credibility. You did not. It's simple. And, as conduct goes, you are one of the worst offenders on this site. You are extremely arrogant for being a 17-year old. I've voted on polls, opinions, etc. and saw some conversations between you and other people and I am definitely not the only one who thinks this way. Which, you do have a great record of debating on this site, you truly do. But, you do not show humility at all, no where I've seen, when multiple people have a problem or incident with you. As for your comment below, don't you dare say that I do not live up to my beliefs. You just don't say that to anyone anywhere. It seems your debate record has gone to your head a little bit, being as good as it is. This is just my opinion and take from it what you will. I am not here to get into little, petty arguments in the comments section. I am here to hopefully learn more about some subjects. On that note, I truly wish you luck in your future debates on this site.
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
Ha, it seems he has. I love people who can't live up to their own beliefs.
Posted by lifemeansevolutionisgood 2 years ago
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Laprev has been busted!
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Not SNP1, I am a close friend of his. He asked for demonlord343's and my help to construct his Jesus debate. I personally believe Jesus existed, but I enjoy devil advocate debates the most. It let's me learn about opposing viewpoints easier.
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 2 years ago
Phoenix61397
LaprlevBlaedzTied