Jesus Is Not God.

I begin in the name of Allah the beneficent and the most merciful.

I am refuting what the Christians claim and falsely attributed to Jesus(peace be upon him) stating that Jesus is God, because we believe that is something that was fabricated by human beings which Jesus himself never claimed to be God, and it is not part of the Monotheism way of Jesus (peace be upon him) or the way of any other Messenger. Jesus never preached being God and there is no where in the Bible where Jesus said I AM GOD and there is no previous Messengers Sent ever mentioned the name Jesus being God.

I have never seen someone gives me simple clear plain answer and evidence from the Bible - Where Jesus said " I AM GOD or WORSHIP ME or THERE IS NO GOD BESIDE ME etc... Jesus in his entire ministry NEVER uttered this words once, hence he fails in the First Criteria.

We believe that Christians fabricated all this lies and false doctrine in which the Christians trying to justify So they can practice Polytheism which there is Historical Ancient pagans of Man-God for Example: (Chrishna of India Krishna, 1200 B.C.- Hesus or Eros (Esus), 834 B. C. - (Osiris of Egypt ) , They are all man-god aswell who came before Christ so there is no new thing in Christianity coming up with the Pagan idea of Jesus being man-god when Jesus himself never said I am God. in this Debate I would point out the Bible verses which prove Jesus is not God and I will provide evidence from the Bible which disqualify Jesus being God...

I believe Jesus is God because he said he was God Matthew 12:8 for the son of man is lord of the sabbath. In this verse Jesus claims that he is lord of the sabbath. However only God is lord of the sabbath. He is claiming to be God. In Matthew 16:13-20 Jesus blesses Peter for saying he is the Christ .in john 14 : 11 Jesus says I am in the father and the father in me . He is claiming to be one with john 17 Jesus prays to God and calls himself the Christ . He is claiming to be God. The historic evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ- The resurrection of Jesus is a big point on deciding whether he is God or not . Muslims do not believe in the resurrection , however I believe that the ressurection is supported by history: so the disciples make up that Jesus is God and that you are saved by him steal his body and then decide to willingly die for what they know is a lie. That is what the Muslim worldview is claiming I do not think that is a good way to explain history. However the christian says that Jesus was God and that he rose from the dead that 500 people saw him alive then that Christianity exploded and the disciples died willingly knowing it was true.that is a much better explanation of history.

I start to make my point and evidence from the Bible why Jesus is not God and Jesus called for the worship of the Only True God Greater than Jesus the Servant of God.: ---- Jesus said in Mark 12:29 The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

God is uncreated So does not change: Malachi 3:6 "I the LORD do not change but Jesus was created : Hebrews 2:9 But we do see Jesus--made lower than the angels

God does not require to eat drink and sleep and go to the washroom or get circumcised because : Numbers 23:19 God is not human - "For I am God, and not man" (Hosea 11:9) - but Jesus did all this was circumcised Luke 2:21 and was very hungry Mark 11:12-14 And Jesus is a man Mark 10:45

True God never said Anyone is Greater than Him - but Jesus said God is greater than Him: My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

God cannot be tempted with Evil: James 1:13 Evil cannot tempt God - God cannot be tempted - But Jesus was tempted by the Devil: Luke 4:2 Satan tempted Jesus - Matthew 4:1-2 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Jesus never Said or make this statement at all, Worship me or There is no Lord and Savior beside me Or I am God. All Jesus said is John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing - John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have SENT.

Jesus ate drank slept and was circumcised when he was 8 days old in his mothers womb because: Jesus is Luke 19:10 - the Son of Man - And was made of the seed (SPERM) of David according to the flesh; (Romans 1:3 ) The Greek text literally means sperm seed (spermatos) Jesus is nothing but a drop of sperm and there is no where in the Bible where it mention God is seed of anyone!!

God knows when the world will come to an end : Mark 13:32 But about that day or hour no one knows but only the Father(God) - But Jesus was unaware : Mark 13:32 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son(Jesus)

According to the Bible Malachi 3:6 God does not change and God does not tell lies Numbers 23:19 but If we claim God change himself to Man and become a Servant which contradicts God declared then that prove God is a Liar(Astagafurulai) because Jesus was a Man and come as a Servant of God.

Jesus is a Servant of God but a True God cannot be Servant of anyone.

Acts 3:13 New International Version
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his SERVANT Jesus.

Acts 4:27 New International Version and International Standard Version
Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy SERVANT Jesus, whom you anointed.

John 17:3 Jesus says "And eternal life means knowing you, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and knowing Jesus Christ, WHOM YOU SENT."

Jesus eating(Matthew 9:10 ) Jesus was seen eating and drinking(Matthew 11:19) Jesus was sleeping(Mark 4:38) Jesus was circumcised(Luke 2:21)... Jesus Is not God.

Since my opponent asks for evidence I will strive to gather more biblical evidence . In mark 1:11 Jesus is baptized and Gods voice comes from heaven and claims that Jesus is his son. In John 8:58 Jesus before Abraham was, YHWH. He uses the almighty name of God to describe himself. Another testimony to Jesus is that the things Jesus did testify about himself. I think the greatest of Jesus works was that he rose again . No regular man could do that but one who was fully God and Fully man could have.

None of the Bible"s Writers Believed That Jesus is God:

On the other hand, many people misunderstand the Bible; they feel that the belief in Jesus as God is so widespread that it must have come from the Bible. The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is not God. In the Bible God is always someone else other than Jesus.

Some Christians think that something Jesus said in parables or something he did while on the earth proves that he is God. But disciples never came to the conclusion that Jesus is God. And those are people who lived and walked with Jesus and thus knew first hand what he said and did. Furthermore, we are told in the Acts of the Apostles in the Bible that the disciples were being guided by the Holy Spirit. If Jesus is God, surely they should know it. But they did not. They kept worshiping the one true God who was worshiped by Abraham, Moses, and Jesus (see Acts 3:13).

All of the writers of the Bible believed that God was not Jesus. The idea that Jesus is God did not become part of Christian belief until after the Bible was written, and took many centuries to become part of the faith of Christians.

In fact, John quotes Jesus as saying: "...the Father is greater than I." (John 14:28). And Paul declares that the head of every woman is her husband, the head of every man is Christ, and the head of Christ is God (see 1 Corinthians 11:3) Therefore, to find something in these writings and claim that these teach that Jesus is God is to misuse and misquote what those authors are saying. The Bible clearly teaches that there is only one true God, the one whom Jesus worshiped (see John 17: 3).

The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible details the activity of the disciples over a period of thirty years after Jesus was lifted up to heaven by God. Throughout this period they never refer to Jesus as God. They continually and consistently use the title God to refer to someone else other than Jesus.

Peter stood up with the eleven disciples and addressed the crowd saying: "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know." (Acts 2:22).

It was God, therefore, who did the miracles through Jesus to convince people that Jesus was backed by God who Sent him. Peter did not see the miracles as proof that Jesus is God.

In fact, the way Peter refers to God and to Jesus makes it clear that Jesus is not God. For he always turns the title God away from Jesus. Take the following references for example:

"God has raised this Jesus..." (Acts 2:32)
"God has made this Jesus, both Lord and Christ." (Acts 2:36)

For Peter, Jesus was a servant of God. Peter said: "God raised up his servant..." (Acts 3:26). The title servant refers to Jesus. This is clear from a previous passage where Peter declared: "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus." (Acts 3:13).

I will gather more biblical evidence until my opponent will deal with the texts I am bringing up. Matt.1:23 says ,"the virgin shall have a son and he will be Immanuel ". Immanuel means God with us . Jesus was lit.God on earth. John 1 constantly calls the word (Jesus) God . In john 20:28 Thomas calls Jesus God . Romans 9:5 says ,"Christ who is God"... Titus 2:13 calls Jesus our God and savior. Hebrews 1:8 says but of the son ,speaking of Jesus , he says "your throne o God is forever and ever".2peter 2:1 calls Jesus or savior and God. This clearly shows that both Jesus and the rest of the bible claimed that he was God . Until now my opponent has not responded to any of the verses I have cited and has simply denied what I am saying without proving from the bible that any of the verses that directly call Jesus God are not actually calling him God. As for his claim that Jesus is less than God. Phil. 2:5-7 says that "he was in the form of God ", but did not count himself equal with God and" emptied himself" this means that Jesus is litarlly in the form of God the father but a separate person and counted himself less BY Emptieing him self and becoming a man this is why Jesus did not know every thing while he was on earth because in some respect he emptied himself. However that does not mean that while on earth he was not still fully God .

/////The Con wrote; Matt.1:23 says ,"the virgin shall have a son and he will be Immanuel "////.

Isaiah 7:14 is a verse of the Book of Isaiah in which the prophet Isaiah, addressing king Ahaz of Judah, promises the king that God will destroy his enemies; as a sign that his oracle is a true one, Isaiah predicts that a young woman will shortly give birth to a child whose name will be Immanuel, and that the threat from the enemy kings will be ended before the child grows up.

And Con want us to Believe that prophecy was fulfilled 700 years LATER!! There is no where in the Bible Jesus was named Immanuel instead we read in the Bible he was named Jesus Luke 2:21. there is no where he was named Immanuel. That more reason why There is no verse where Jesus said I am Immanuel or where Jesus parents named or called him Immanuel. In Addition the Prophecy is NOT speaking about a Virgin it was speaking about a Young Woman!! the Hebrew Word is ALMAH and NOT Betulah.

/////The Con wrote; John 1 constantly calls the word (Jesus) God /////

On John 1:1 It is imperative that the serious student of the Bible come to a basic understanding of logos, which is translated as "Word" in John 1:1. Most Trinitarians believe that the word logos refers directly to Jesus Christ, so in most versions of John logos is capitalized and translated "Word" (some versions even write "Jesus Christ" in John 1:1). However, a study of the Greek word logos shows that it occurs more than 300 times in the New Testament.

We assert that the logos in John 1:1 cannot be Jesus. Please notice that "Jesus Christ" is not a lexical definition of logos. This verse does not say, "In the beginning was Jesus." "The Word" is not synonymous with Jesus, or even "the Messiah.

/////The Con wrote; In john 20:28 Thomas calls Jesus God

The context of the verse talks about an unbelieving Thomas being surprised when Jesus offers him evidence.
The exclamation, "My God," on his part was just astonishment. We use such exclamations everyday while talking to people. This doesn't mean that the person we are talking to is God. For example, I see John cutting his wrist with a Rambo knife. I say: "My God, John what are you doing?" Do I mean that John is God? Of course not. Similar is the use of the expression by Thomas. If you go into Jewish or Muslim societies even today, you'll hear people exclaim "My God, my Lord," at every situation which surprises them or causes them anguish or is astonishing. Because claiming that Jesus is Lord and God is a violation of Christian doctrine, which asserts that there is One God, the Father and One Lord, Jesus. Jesus can't be God and Lord. "...yet for us there is but one God, the Father...and one Lord, Jesus Christ ...(I Corinthians 8:6)". And in addition according to the Bible it was GOD Almighty that made Jesus Lord Acts 2:36

I used up all my text I will finish the Rebuttal for the rest Argument of Con in next Round.

Rebuttal 1:the opponent said,"he wants us to believe that the prophecy was fulfilled 700 years later". The reason I believe this is because Mathew 1:22 says ,"now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by The Lord through the prophet ." The birth of Jesus was to fullfill that prophecy as it is written.

Rebuttal 2: Why do I believe logos refers to Jesus ? In the present Greek time the age of the philosophers had just ended. John the writer of his book was from a well known family so he would have had training in philosophy. Because In Greek he used a heavily philosophical term. They would have read john 1 seeing the word as the reason. Because the Greek philosophers had greatly debated what is the reason for life ? So john says to them the reason is God and was with God , he lit. Became flesh and John the Baptist testified about him. And in john 1:19-34 john the baptist testifies about Jesus as being the son of God.

Rebuttal 3: john 20:28,"my kurios and my theos." In this verse Thomas does not say ,"my lord,my God. Then it will be as my opponent just claimed that it was just an exclamation . Rather he is calling Jesus his lord (kurios) and his God (theos) . Thomas is very plainly calling Jesus God . Kurios is the Greek translation for Adonai which is used of God in Isaiah 6 and is used of Jesus in this verse.

Useful book: Jesus the son of God : D A Carson.

/////The Con wrote; Phil. 2:5-7 says that "he was in the form of God ", but did not count himself equal with God and" emptied himself"

This verse as clearly refuted itself. We can read Jesus did not count himself equal to God. That really prove the point that Jesus is not God. because Man cannot be equal to God. And Jesus clearly said in John 14:28 for the Father is greater than I... God is greater than Jesus. There is no verse in the Bible where it said the Father(God) is lesser to anyone or where it said the Father(God) ever emptied himself. This really prove Jesus does not have Characteristics of God.

/////The Con wrote; says ,"Christ who is God"..////

Note from the examples below that translators and translating committees vary greatly in their handling of Romans 9:5:
RSV: "to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed forever. Amen."

The RSV is examples of the latter that make the final phrase into a type of eulogy or doxology referring to God the Father not Jesus.

In fact, Paul uses a very similar expression in this very same letter:

"They changed the truth of God into a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator who is blessed to the ages. Amen." (Romans 1:25).

Notice the very same "Amen" between the two passages which ends Paul's expression of praise to God not Jesus. Why would we believe that Paul had any other intention at Romans 9:5? when Matthew,Mark,Luke,John,Peter never called Jesus God.

/////The Con wrote; calls Jesus or savior and God.

Con lied and twisted this verse Because it talking about False Prophets and not Jesus There is no mention or Jesus,Christ or Messiah And no mention of savior and God in 2 peter 2:1

Jesus himself emphasized that he does not speak on his own authority (John 14:10) and he does nothing on his own authority, but he speaks only what the Father has taught him (John 8:28).

When Jesus prayed to be saved from death, he said: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42). This shows that they had two separate wills. Furthermore, Jesus is reported to have said: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46). Jesus had a God, for when he was about to ascend to heaven, he said: "I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." (John 20:17).

Jesus too confirmed that the Father alone is the only true God (see John 17:1-3). And Jesus said to his enemies: " are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God." (John 8:40). And Jesus fell on his face and worshiped God (see Matthew 26:39). Paul knew that Jesus worshiped God (see Hebrews 5:7).

In Conclusion: God and Jesus Are Two Separate Beings This proof the fact Jesus is not God. Rather Jesus is a Servant and Prophet of God sent to the lost sheep of Israel.

Colossians 2:9 says about Jesus "in him the fullness of deity dwells bodily". This verse clearly states that God dwelt in Jesus . Jesus was God. Why is this important? If the claim that Christianity claims is true that Jesus is God and died for the sins of the world then it should change the way you live. If you reject christian irises claim about Jesus then you will go to hell, however all who believe on Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life . (John 3:16) This is the most important news in the world.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
Its funny to read how two delusional guys arguing about their fairy tales. Each using his book as justification. Ahhahahahahha
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
The bible does teach Jesus is God. Pro just demonstrates he has little understanding of Christian theology.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
John 14:9b, 10a (NIV)
... Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father... Don"t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

The father is clearly defined as god in the bible, so there it is.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
If there were a passage in the bible that has Jesus saying "I am god" would it therefore make Jesus god?
Posted by n7 1 year ago
The term God is an old English word from Germany and Dutch. So, of course Jesus wouldn't have said "I am God". That doesn't demonstrate anything.
Vote Placed by Alpha3141 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Just as ThatChristianGuy said, "The misunderstanding of the Trinitarian belief by Pro lead to many false arguments."
Vote Placed by ThatChristianGuy 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: The misunderstanding of the Trinitarian belief by Pro lead to many false arguments.