boii77
jo154676

Jesus being the son of God and God at the same time makes sense

boii77 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

boii77

Pro

This debate is going to be about whether Jesus being the son of God and God makes any sense. I will be supporting the fact that Jesus being the son of God and God makes sense but my opponent will be trying to disprove and say that Jesus being God and the son of God makes no sense.
jo154676

Con

Since my opponent posted no arguments I will use this round simply for acceptance and definitions.

Definitions
"God" - (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

"Son" - a boy or man in relation to either or both of his parents.

"Jesus" - A prophet of the first century of our era; to Christians
boii77

Pro

Well I intended to have may opponent give the first argument but it's alright I forgot to put that in round 1 so, my fault.
Now before I begin debating I would like to thank my opponent for accepting, and hope that we can keep a respectful attitude throughout this debate. Now I do believe that it does make sense and that the bible clearly explains but I would want you to start off this argument trying to show how it may not make sense.
jo154676

Con

Jesus being the son of God and God makes no sense for a few reasons. First of all for Jesus to be a human with genes he would have to be created through reproduction, either sexual or asexual, which would also mean that Jesus' biological parents would have to be human, which God is not. Secondly the definition of "to make sense" is able to be done or put into practice successfully, so does it make sense that Jesus is the son and is god at the same time. Is it practical ? Third it states in the bible that every human is born with original sin, and if Jesus was a human but was also God then that would mean that God would have original sin as well. So either God committed sins, or Jesus was not God because it is documented in the bible of Jesus committing sins, which he apologized for on the cross. Fourth if Jesus was God then he would have been alive since the beginning of time, so how would it be possible for him to be born again while still maintaining all of the knowledge that he had before he was born as a human? Lastly, in academia there has to be one key factor in an experiment that is required for it to be accepted is that it must be able to be repeated., as in it must be about to be repeated, and this has never been done. It is for these reasons that I do not believe that Jesus could have been the son of God.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Well yes but I think he is trying to argue that God split himself into the trinity and sent Jesus to earth as a human and his son. Too bad that argument has no chance against me.
Posted by bitsnpieces 1 year ago
bitsnpieces
Lonely-Bird's comment of verses written in the bible settles the Debate; the Jesus character and a Supreme being cannot be one of the same:

The Jesus character admitted "Why do you call me good? Only god is good." And cried "My god, my god, why have you forsaken me?" during his execution for breaking the local Laws of his own Judaism religion.
Posted by Lonely-Bird 1 year ago
Lonely-Bird
Why do you call me good? Only god is good.

My god, my god, why have you forsaken me?