Jesus died for the sins of humanity

I will like to debate this topic with a very intellectual opponent

The opponent must analyse the positive effect on mankind

The opponent must explain why God had to wait for 6000years before sending jesus to die for our sins.

The opponenent should be able to tell us why a man has to die for another man's sins.

And again,the opponent must explain how merciful God is by not forgiving our sins unless someone dies for our sins.

I accept and look forward to an intelligent debate with my opponent.

When an innocent man is given punishment for something he didn""t do, he must be compensated for this punishment. This is fair and understandable. An example in today""s time would be Maher Arar, a Syrian-Canadian who is a Muslim that got accused of being a terrorist by US officials. This man as innocent as he was of this accusation, was deported to Syria and placed in prison for a year, where he was put through torture. Later, he was released and recently he was granted $10.5 Million Canadian as compensation for his time and suffering. This man was innocent and indeed was deserving of compensation.
The Christian argument goes that God came as Jesus; he was sinless and died on the cross, and was compensated by being brought back to life and in addition getting all of mankind""s sins wiped away. Technically, Jesus shouldn""t have been compensated for anything.
In this article we""re going to ignore the Islamic position of Jesus and God and we""re going to discuss who died for whose sins, according to the Christian scriptures. This article is in no way meant to bash Christians or their faith, but to show that the idea of Jesus dying for our sins is baseless.
God, in the Hebrew (Old) Testament has had many situations where he commands atrocities and then repents for the actions committed.
In II Samuel 24:15-16 after 70,000 people are killed, and God puts an end to the command and repents for this great disaster.
II Samuel 24:15-16
15 So the LORD sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, andseventy thousandof the people from Dan to Beersheba died.
16 When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem;the LORD was grieved because of the calamityand said to the angel who was afflicting the people,Enough!Withdraw your hand. The angel of the LORD was then at the threshing-floor of Araunah the Jebusite.
So as we read here after the 70,000 people were killed, the God of the bible repents and puts an end to the calamity.
Who knew that God has regrets?
So basically in a Questions and Answers conversation between a non-christian and a Christian, it seems you""d find something along these lines happening""
Non-christian: Why don""t all the dead people get compensated by being brought back to life?Christian: Well these people were corrupted individuals who died and it was necessary at the time that they be killed.
Non-christian: So, you believe that all the people who died were corrupted? No one was an innocent bystander by any chance?
Christian: Well, there might have been a couple here and there.
Non-christian: So how do they get compensated?
Christian:That""s up to God.
Non-christian: Fair enough. So what about all the other corrupted individuals who didn""t die, who probably survived and weren""t put to death?
Christian: Jesus died for their sins!
I am honestly less than pleased with the answer""Jesus died for our sins.""
With the above made clear, it causes us to really want to know whose sins did Jesus (as God) really die for?
In Zephaniah 2:12-15 we find God stating;
12 You too, O Cushites,will be slain by my sword.
13 He will stretch out his hand against the north and destroy Assyria,leaving Nineveh utterly desolate and dry as the desert.
14 Flocks and herds will lie down there, creatures of every kind. The desert owl and the screech owl will roost on her columns. Their calls will echo through the windows, rubble will be in the doorways, the beams of cedar will be exposed.
15 This is the carefree city that lived in safety. She said to herself, I am, and there is none besides me. What a ruin she has become, a lair for wild beasts! All who pass by her scoff and shake their fists.
This shows a lot of murderous anger and hatred coming from the end of God (assuming he""s Jesus).
Now, we go a little further into this article and point out once again, that Jesus is God according to the Christians and that many atrocities have been performed by the command of God. Be reminded also that God repents for these atrocities. However, as nice as this ""repentance"" may appear that comes from God""s end each time an atrocity occurs, it does not really bring back these people from the dead or grant them any form of compensation.
The 6thcommandment of""Do Not Murder""is clear and its consequences are elaborated in Genesis 9:6;""Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed""where the sin for murder is compensated through executing the murderer.This is the implication of capital punishment, where a man who kills must be killed. Repentance on its own is not prescribed as a way of compensating for the sin of murder. In other words, if I were to murder someone and I were to be judged by the laws of the bible, me apologizing to the family of the victim and/or repenting, wouldn""t cut it; I would need to undergo execution. In the case of God, where he supposedly comes as man, it would be fair to say that in the end Jesus didn""t die for the sins of mankind, but rather for his own personal commands of murder in the Old Testament. So we conclude that justice was served, by the death of Jesus on the cross. Therefore, it can""t be possible that The Son died for the sins of man but if anything, he died for the sins of The Father.
Christians put their faith in Jesus Christ, because they believe he died for their sins, where in this article I have just come to point out that if anyone died for anyone""s sins, its more or less for his own.The contradiction behind the belief of Jesus dying for mankind""s sins is clear and should no longer be used as a segue into the Christian doctrine. Christians need to see the fault behind the reasoning of their faith in Christ, and should not worship Jesus as a middleman between themselves and God. Rather, we should all focus on God alone and to only worship him, to accept that Jesus was only a mere man created by God.

ChuckieH forfeited this round.

I will wait for the pro to refute my claims before giving more reasons why jesus did not die for our sins.

ChuckieH forfeited this round.

Since the pro is forfeiting his round,I will buttress my points by making use of two biblical verses to back up my claim that jesus died not for the sins of humanity.

1.Ezekiel 18:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 The one who sins is the one who will die.The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

2.Deuteronomy 24:16 "7"8
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.

These two verses further proves that no man shall die for the sins of another but every man shall die for his sins hence,JESUS DIED NOT FOR THE SINS OF MANKIND

ChuckieH forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
That's not the argument I would have made as Con, but possibly far more interesting than what I would have used.
Posted by ChuckieH 2 years ago
Too late.
Posted by Lucassamson 2 years ago
Son of God,take up the challenge
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 2 years ago
Muslim huh?
Posted by Aircraftfreak1 2 years ago
Lol haha does sound like a homework assignment.
Posted by Lucassamson 2 years ago
Ragner,pleawe add me up
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Seems like a homework project.
Vote Placed by TheRussian 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: All points go to Con. Pro did not argue. Not only that, but Con actually had a very solid argument.