wsurin7
MrBowTie26

Jesus is God! Part #2

wsurin7

Pro

Jesus is God part# 2 was created because my opponent failed in the last argument so this is a repost of the argument to anyone else who is against the claim Jesus is God. According to the Bible Jesus is God! Here is the text:John 14:6-11King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake." Please use verses only from the Bible to dis prove this claim and if you have a different interpretation on what the text means please add that as well. May Jesus continue to bless you and I look forward to a good debate.
MrBowTie26

Con

Jesus is not god, God is the father of jesus.
wsurin7

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate Mr. Bowtie and look forward to a good debate. The only way one can understand this text is to fully investigate what Jesus has stated. Jesus clearly states in verses 7-9 that whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Therefore claiming to be God in the flesh. Which is why the Jews were angry with Him. John 5:18
"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God." This is why the Jews sought to kill Jesus because Jesus claimed to be the Father in Himself. In Philippians 2:6 which says, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" So when the Jews sought the more to kill Him(Jesus) was because He was a man making himself God. Another text that confirms this is when the Jews mentioned the forgiveness of sins.Luke 5:21 "And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" So Jesus here not only claims to be the God the Father, but claims to forgive sins as God the Fathers position and role is, this is what is meant here in John 14:6-11. If you follow the doctrine that Jesus is not the Father then you would have to interpret this next verse: John 20:28-29King James Version (KJV)

"28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." Thomas knew who God because it was the very flesh of God the Father whom he touched therefore exclaiming that He was God in the flesh. You can interpret it to mean what you want it to mean but it is clear from the text whomever has seen Jesus, has seen God the Father.
MrBowTie26

Con

jesus said his father was jesus before he was excited when nailed on cross before he died
wsurin7

Pro

wsurin7 forfeited this round.
MrBowTie26

Con

MrBowTie26 forfeited this round.
wsurin7

Pro

wsurin7 forfeited this round.
MrBowTie26

Con

MrBowTie26 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 1 year ago
TheWORDisLIFE
If Jesus is God, then what you are saying is that there basically is no God. See, because Jesus had a biological father (Joseph) and mother (Mary). If Joseph wasn't Christ's biological father, well then maybe you can explain why Joseph is in the genealogy of Christ? And maybe you can show us all the Scripture(s) that say "Joseph the "step-father" or "adoptive" father of Christ?

John 6:42 And they said, Is not this Iesus the sonne of Ioseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that hee sayth, I came downe from heauen?

"Is not this JESUS the SON of JOSEPH..."
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
KingdomofCats here is a quote for you to check out.Isaiah 9:6King James Version (KJV)

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." A prophecy written from Isaiah pointing Jesus first coming!
Posted by KingdomOfCats 1 year ago
KingdomOfCats
Let me see if I can put this into simpler wording. Mr. Bowtie said that Jesus is not God because God is the Father of Jesus. This is in a way true, but in a different way. The Trinity is God, and it consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three make up the One we worship as God. The love between God the Father and God the Son formed the Holy Spirit. Neither of the three persons of the Trinity have any power over the other.
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
Also don't forget to read the comments section as well in the evolution debate.
Posted by wsurin7 1 year ago
wsurin7
If you want to discredit the Bible I will have to create a debate like that. So if your not interested in a debate on this subject maybe we can debate the Bible in the near future. Otherwise, you can read the debate I posted against Evolution.
Posted by WorldSkeptic 1 year ago
WorldSkeptic
Is this strictly a Bible vs Bible debate? I would be interested in debating you from an atheist/skeptic perspective, doubting the authority or credibility of the Bible, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.