Jesus is God, bible christians should believe

Jesus is God. (God and man, actually)
I admit I always hesitated to say he's God.. but I hesitated more to say he's not. most bible verses i saw were to arguable. then i saw some that weren't so arguable. and i'm one to give the bible the benefit of the doubt... so... I go with God...

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13-15 - ...our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8 - But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever"

2 Peter 1:1 - ...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

at the beginning of the book of John... "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us". Jesus became flesh and dwelt amoung us.. Jesus is the word.

In John, Jesus at one point says "unless you believe that I AM he, you will surely perish in your sins". only God is ever referenced to as I AM, and Jesus and everyone else knew it.

First off I need to know what Bible you are taking these quotes out from. Definitely not the KJV because and like most Bibles use the word Lord and Savior, not God and Savior.
Also when Jesus asked his disciples who they thought He was Peter said
"You are the Christ, Son of the Living God." Matthew 16:16 KJV
Jesus always referred to Himself as the Son of Man. This is because He was only human, He only performed miracles under the permission and guidance of His Father (God). Jesus was the only human to not sin in God's eyes and the price of sin is death. The only way he could be killed is by execution under false pretenses that is what happened anyways. And of course we know He rose again to prove that He never sinned.
Please supply the Bible you used please because their are hundreds and not all Christians follow all the Bibles out there.

i will switch to king james. it is very standard and exacting to the english. even that bible, has translations that put it similar to "God". take hebrews fo example.

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever"

you have one verse so far in the KJV that is still not a direct proposition that Jesus is God. The author of Hebrews is Paul of Tarsus. An amazing, hard working man driven with faith, but again never met Jesus personally. I have direct quotes supplying that He is not God by Jesus' words themselves. Jesus is the Son of God. A man without sin and through him and his sacrifice you and me will be together in the New Earth in the New Jerusalem. Jesus was not God himself because again before every miracle he performed He needed to pray to our Father in Heaven. Like said in the comments if He was God He would of praye to himself? That does not sound right. Jesus was divine no doubt but that is why there is a trinity. Father(God Almighty), Son(Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus never said he wasn't God. if we have letters from his closest followers that say he is, we should listen up. if we want to defer to the bible as true, we should listen up. if we want to given deferrence to the early church's views and on things like the Ariyan controversy, we should listen up.

the father and son relationship isn't suppose to make sense. that's why the trinity is called a paradox. the son is god the father is god but the son is not the father, type stuff.

Jesus is not completely God here. He was the Son of God, not God himself. He is the human to be conceived of the holy spirit and never to sin. Jesus could still be alive today if He escaped His crucifixion. Notice I capitalize He and His referring to Jesus. No one else ever gets that honor besides God. Jesus is our Lord, He is our Savior, He is our Shepard, He is the Lamb of God. Jesus is not God, His Father in heaven (our Father) is God. Jesus always needed permission from God to perform miracles and if you look at any Bible God approves of Him at many times ex. Baptism, Transfiguration. The trinity shows the three parts of the divine things. Take the sun God is the orb, Jesus is the light, and the Holy Spirit is the warmth. Jesus is not God like God is not Jesus. Can you claim Jesus is a demigod okay. You can even say He is half alien, His father is not of this earth. Jesus is the ultimate perfect sacrifice given to cover all sins from all. Jesus basically eliminated Judaism. Jesus was not God, He was his holy son. A sinless man that had a connection with God like no one else ever will. I use the KJV for all my readings and researches. Only because it is a direct translation to English. Also is the Catholic Church uses it as long as most Protestants. Jesus said He was the Son of Man, Bringer of light. Never said He was actually God.
"Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." Matthew 26:64 KJV
And always Linate always great to debate you! Thanks so much my Christian brother. And as always peace be with you always through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Posted by valentinoooo 1 year ago
If jesus was god as you claim then why would he cry during crucification saying eloi eloi lama shabaktani ( god, god why have you forsaken me) or why would he say this scripture is not by me but by him who has sent me. Or why would he even say O' people of isreal your god and my god is one god this mean jesus has a god and it is very clear. Another verse states that a man comes to jesus saying good master, good master but jesus replies why call me good no one is good but god alone. All this words prove that jesus was not god.
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
Take the Sun, God is the Orb, Jesus is the Light, and the Holy Ghost is the Warmth. Jesus is not the Orb, case closed.
Posted by Jwmart21587 2 years ago
Con is wrong on so many levels. If you are a Christian, you must believe Jesus was God. Since I know that this debate is setup in someway to give some off-based argument to pro, the verses he quoted are an accurate reflection of what Bible Christians believe. Con does not have Bible Christian's interpretation of Scripture.
Posted by NathanDuclos 2 years ago
Damn. . . I just saw this. . . I would have loved this one to. . .
Posted by linate 2 years ago
take the debate
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
Linate I would love to take this debate but since we just debated I will leave it up to you to let me accept. Please let me!
Posted by Sfaulkner 2 years ago
So when Jesus prayed he prayed to himself?
Vote Placed by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I felt pro won this one as pro gave verses to support his/her position in round 1.
Vote Placed by Vexorator 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never proved that Jesus is God.
Vote Placed by Ajabi 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This was not a good debate. However I feel that even though Con was trying harder he did not really enunciate his points using many Biblical Verses which Pro at the very least did provide. Also Pro did show that Biblical Verses refer to Jesus as God, and while Con could have made an Arian case, and I liked Con's analysis of Pauline Verses, they are nonetheless part of the King James Bible, and most others. Seeing how the resolution is set on the Bible, Con's analysis of Pauline Christianity did not win him the day here. Pro provided verses, and I would have given source points if they were cited and liked to an online Bible. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.