hosslay
Tim98

Jesus is God

hosslay

Pro

Alot of people belive that Jesus and God are two diff. beings. I will proove that God and Jesus were and are one in the same.

RULES
1. King james version (KJV) Bible: So not get involved or tied up in other translations.
2. BOP is on both
3.Have fun and God bless.

ROUNDS
1.Acceptance/ comments
2. Rounds 2, 3, and 4 are for arguments.
Tim98

Con

I'd like to make it clear that I do believe that Jesus is a god, but not the god, and that they are separate beings. Also, I will accept the conditions that pro set, and will not post arguments in the first round because of it. Good luck, and have fun.
hosslay

Pro

hosslay forfeited this round.
Tim98

Con

Because this debate is supposed to be fun, (see rule three of this debate) I have decided not to post my argument this round, which would give me an advantage. Good luck, and please post an argument that I can respond to next round.
hosslay

Pro

I will start out with son of god. What is a son of god or in hebrew bene elohim? In Gen 6:2 we see sons of god and also in job 1:6 The bible describs the son of god or son's as being Angels. So why did jesus call him self the son of God? No man or flesh could call there selfs the son of God without being God which is why the jews tryed to stone him in John 10: 31-33

SCRIPTURE FOR ONE GOD
Isaiah 9:6 A child is given and his name shall be called wonderfull counsullor, the mighty GOD, the everlasting FATHER. (this is talking about Jesus)
John14:9 He that hath seen me hath seen the father
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: the lord our God is one lord
Isaiah 44:8 / 45:5-6 There is no God beside me
Isaiah 43:10 I am He, before me there was no god and after me there is no god. (Jesus claimed to be God)
matt 1:23 A son is born and they shall call his name Emmanuel which means God with us
John 1:1&14 The word was in the begining, The word was God, and the word was made flesh
John 10:30 I and my Father are one ( not as one, but are one)
James 2:19 If you belive in one God, you do well
1Timothy 3:16 God was made flesh.

THE RITE HAND
so why did Jesus sat on the rite hand of God? The rite hand of God is a hebrew idiom which denots power and strength. There are 39 ref. in the old test. For example Exodus 3:20 God talks about putting forth his rite hand to strike the Egyptions. Like I said there are 39 ref. that I am not going to go over at the moment. But if the rite hand is a sign of power what did Jesus do? Did he sat on a throne next to God or stan beside God on his rite hand? the answer is no Jesus sat on the rite hand of God he was reclaiming the power. I want to put one thing out there.if you had two sons and one sone hanging off of a thousand foot bluff, would you go save him or would you send your son?
Tim98

Con

I would like to start out by addressing your claim that, "No man or flesh could call there selfs the son of God without being God which is why the jews tryed to stone him in John 10: 31-33. Matthew 1: 18 and 20 both clearly say that the child is the son of the Holy ghost and God. Also, the Jews were not neccesarily trying to stone him because they thought he was claiming he was god, it was because he was claiming he was the son of God. (Saying that you're somebody's son does not mean that you are saying that you are them.

I would now like to address the scripture Isaiah 9: 6. Jesus is a wonderful counselor to the people, and to God, he is a God, and he is our father spiritually. The Isaiah 9: 6 that you mentioned is not even the entire scripture. You forgot to mention, or decided to leave out, the last part which says that he is also the prince of peace. It clearly says that he is a prince, not the king, which means that there is someone above him, which is clearly his father.

I will now move on to address 2nd scripture which is John 14: 9. During this scripture, The next two verses after this scripture will help to explain what he is actually talking about. They will show that he is actually just saying that all that he does, he does through the power of his father.

Deuteronomy 6: 4 is not saying that Jesus, and God are the same, it is just talking about the Jesus (the lord) saying that they should worship him, and not any other material gods, like the egyptian Gods.

Isaiah 44: 8 is just talking about not making graven images or other gods as shown in verse 9 and 10.

In Isaiah 43: 10, he is just saying that he is the only savior as shown in verse 11.

Matt: 1: 23 Jesus is a god, is the Messiah, and is also the person who is closest to being a god. (he's half god.)

John 1: 1 and 14 he was the one who created the earth. It says that the lord god, which is Jesus) did it in Genesis Chapter 2.

John 10: 30 Look at verse 38. It is saying that they are in each other, and that they are both gods.

James 2: 19 if you look around it, you will notice that it is just talking about faith and works, and it is saying that having faith and believing in god is good, but that you need to act on it.

1 Timothy 3: 16 Jesus was a god, and was the messiah, the one who saved everyone spiritually, and who was half God.

Finally, to address your paragraph about the right hand of god. The term Jesus was standing on the right hand of God could be taken literally, (most of the time when it says this it was talking about visions.) or, you could interpret as saying that he was using the power of god, not claiming it.
hosslay

Pro

hosslay forfeited this round.
Tim98

Con

Vote con.
Posted by Tim98 3 years ago
Tim98
Sorry, but i forgot to answer your question in the end, so i will answer it here. The way that you described it does not accurately describe the situation. To make it more realistic, the situation would be, that a king has two sons, and one is hanging off a thousand foot bluff. The King would go if he could, but is not able to because he needs to watch over his kingdom. So he would need to send his son, who would need to go there anyway, (John 10: 17) because he is not able to, and his son would need to go there anyway to save his brother, and to save himself.