TruthWillSetYouFree
dairygirl4u2c

Jesus is Man & NOT God

dairygirl4u2c

TruthWillSetYouFree

Pro

Many religious people believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is GOD & NOT man. Others, he is both man & God, & some, that he's man that became God. My stand is that, He's MAN from the beginning until at this time.
dairygirl4u2c

Con

Jesus is God. (God and man, actually)
I admit I always hesitated to say he's God.. but I hesitated more to say he's not. and i'm one to give the bible the benefit of the doubt... so... I go with God...

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13-15 - ...our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8 - But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever"

2 Peter 1:1 - ...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

at the beginning of the book of John... "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us". Jesus became flesh and dwelt amoung us.. Jesus is the word.

In John, Jesus at one point says "unless you believe that I AM, you will surely perish in your sins". only God is ever referenced to as I AM, and Jesus and everyone else knew it.
TruthWillSetYouFree

Pro

I read some of the comments & I do understand that if we introduce a reference, the validity of the reference will become another topic of discussion. Will try to avoid that in this round, but I cannot guarantee that I won't be quoting verses from the Holy Scripture in the succeeding rounds.

I will approach this subject in 2 ways; defining what "man" is and what "God" is, then will investigate to which our Lord Jesus Christ belong.

What is a man (or a human)? I will make a reference of myself because I am one. I am human because I am a person; a person that was born from another person, & eventually will die; with flesh & bones that can pass the test of being a human using all of our five senses. I get tired, hungry, and everything that all of us experiencing each day of our life.

Now we'll ask; did our Lord Jesus Christ have these qualities of man that I've mentioned above?
We can all relate to the story what happened in the little town of Bethlehem over 2,000 ago, that Baby Jesus was born from Mary, a human that was born to another human. And as He grew & fulfilled His mission here on earth, He experienced tiredness, hunger, anger, happiness, sadness, & even death, which many of us believe that is the great equalizer that a man faces. With ALL these attributes, therefore we can conclude that Jesus is MAN.

What is GOD? An everlasting, no end or beginning, was not born or experienced death, a spirit with no flesh & bones, and I can go on & on, but do all these attributes of being GOD found in our Lord Jesus Christ? NO, for He is Man & NOT GOD!
dairygirl4u2c

Con

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
TruthWillSetYouFree

Pro

TruthWillSetYouFree forfeited this round.
dairygirl4u2c

Con

you have shown how Jesus is man. And, I have shown bible verses that say he is God.
Instead of concluding with your own reasoning (why is that superior to the bible?), I'd say Jesus is at the very least God, as that's what the bible says, and not your own reasoning.... but really, the best conclusion is what is the orthodox position on the matter... that Jesus is both God, and man.
(based on bible reasoning and yours)
Posted by dairygirl4u2c 4 years ago
dairygirl4u2c
i realize this isn't the debate board... but all i would say in response, is that you have shown how Jesus is man. And, I have shown bible verses that say he is God.
Posted by TruthWillSetYouFree 4 years ago
TruthWillSetYouFree
to likepeace - thanks; I'm having fun in this site, wished I found this long time ago. I already in 5 debates & need to keep up. thank you again for your support :)
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
You are off to a good start, and it looks like your opponent is using the Bible as a source. :)
TruthWillSetYouFree
got it...I submitted my first rebuttal.
TruthWillSetYouFree
hello, I started this debate & I'm new to this site; I'm ready to write my rebuttal but I do not know how to. Will someone help me please? And thank you to dairygirl4u2c for accepting my argument.

thank y'all :)
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
As you can tell, many of us are seeking good debates, not easy wins. :)
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Yes, stating those presuppositions is essential! As it stands now, you could be asked to prove the bible to support your points, and that's unlikely to be the debate you were seeking.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
It would be helpful if you could tell us some of your presuppositions. For example, do you think the Bible is the authoritative word of God? Because if so, then we can just argue over what the teaching of the Bible is. But if not, then we'd have to argue in some other way.
Vote Placed by rross 4 years ago
rross
TruthWillSetYouFreedairygirl4u2cTied
Reasons for voting decision: It makes sense to quote from the Bible to support your arguments in a Christian debate, I suppose. Pro should have ruled it out at the beginning if he'd wanted to.