rubbersoul
liljohnny818

Jesus is equal to God

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

rubbersoul

Pro

I am interested in debating the nature Of Jesus
liljohnny818

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for this interesting debate. Before I begin, I would like to provide definitions to clarify the debate.

Equal: of the same measure, quantity, amount, or number as another; not showing variation in appearance, structure, or proportion [1]

Jesus: ca 6 b.c. –ca a.d. 30 Jesus of Nazareth; the Son of Mary source of the Christian religion & Savior in the Christian faith [2]

God: the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
(My opponent has not specified in what religious interpretation we should analyze "God" in or what faith's belief of God is under contention. This further complicates the debate and makes me use a generic definition for my arguments.

Therefore, since my opponent is the instigator, he has the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt that God, which he has specified no religion background to become specified, a being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness, shows no variation in appearance to a teacher who lived from 6b.c. to 30 a.d. This burden must be valued during the round and is vital as this is quite a difficult burden to prove. Since my opponent brought no counter-definitions to the debate, we must look to mine. I await my opponent's first arguments as I assume this round was for clarifications/definitions/acceptance. I hope this is a great debate and I wish my opponent luck and thank the judges for reading.

[1]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[3]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
(I used merriam-webster in order to use an unbiased definition rather than a biased one from a religious institution.)
rubbersoul

Pro

rubbersoul forfeited this round.
liljohnny818

Con

Sadly, my opponent has forfeited. Now, I was planning most of my neg to counter what the AFF stated, mostly through definitions. It is nearly impossible to prove that the teacher over 2,000 years ago, whether you believe he is the son of God or not, is the same measure or appearance as God.

Now since many religions have many different views of this let's analyze a few.

Firstly, many religions believe Jesus is the son of God. Clearly, as in "The Father is greater than I." - John 14:28, it can be seen that Jesus was put here on the Earth, as in John 3:16, to profess the word of God. Clearly if he is the Son of God, he cannot be equal to God.

Many Catholics believe that the Trinity, or the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all together equal. Now, by my definition of equal, even though many Catholics believe Jesus is the human form of God, since he is human and is "showing variation in appearance," he therefore is not equal to God. This definition must be upheld due to lack of a counter-definition by my opponent.

Many atheists and other religions believe Jesus wasn't even the Son of God, but he was just a teacher. Therefore, he was not equal to God.

Any way you look at it, Jesus is not equal to God. I do not want to challenge anyone's views or beliefs, but according to my definition, even if you believe in the Holy Trinity, the difference of appearance and form of Jesus comparatively to God denotes that he is unequal to God.

For these reasons,
Vote Con.
rubbersoul

Pro

rubbersoul forfeited this round.
liljohnny818

Con

Well this is unfortunate. My opponent I guess has decided this debate isn't worth his time. Extend all arguments. Vote Con.
rubbersoul

Pro

rubbersoul forfeited this round.
liljohnny818

Con

Extend Arguments. Quite sad. I wanted to debate this topic. Please vote all 7 points to Con.
rubbersoul

Pro

rubbersoul forfeited this round.
liljohnny818

Con

Well, this is very disappointing. This was an interesting debate that I looked forward to debating. If my opponent would like to debate it in the future I would be very interested. Please give Con all 7 points. Thank you.
Posted by rubbersoul 6 years ago
rubbersoul
He is the same nature as God.
Posted by Contradiction 6 years ago
Contradiction
What is "equal" supposed to mean?
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
rubbersoulliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
rubbersoulliljohnny818Tied