Jesus is not only man in nature but also God in nature.

The debate is about Christology.

The Bible speaks of:
1) Ontological Equality
2) Functional Subordination
in teaching these great truths:
1) The Incarnation
2) The Hypostatic Union
3) The Trinity

Note that all of these words are not found in scripture but is EXPLICITLY taught therein not through coined words but through the inspired words of Scripture.

The Shaliach argument won't work because the scripture is explicit that the Lord Jesus Christ is God's own Son, very Reason, Wisdom, Power, Invisible Image, Effulgence and Exact Imprint of his nature, that is, distinct person yet of same nature with God.

The Son is of same nature with his own Father.

1)John 1:1c The Word as God in nature ( theos- qualitative in sense).

2) Philippians 2:6 Who, existing in (Greek: morphe theou) God's nature which expresses itself visually [i.e. glory] thought it not to be equal with God [in authority, see v. 9]something to took by force.

3)Colossians 2:9 Because in him all the complete very nature of God( Greek: theotetos) dwells bodily.

4) Hebrews 1:3 The exact imprint of his nature( Greek: Hupostaseos).

5)Hebrews 1:5,5:5 ( Psalm 2:7 LXX) You are my Son. Today, I have begotten You. [ To beget means to produce an offspring of same nature].

The Lord Jesus Christ is not of same nature with angels, that is, he's not a creature whom God chose to be his agent but rather, he is his very own Son, of same nature with him. He is the Son functioning not only as a prophet but as the Logos himself! ( John 1:1, Hebrews 1:1)

How is Jesus God if he got hungry and in pain?

It's possible if he has a nature like our own. This will touch the topic of the incarnation and hypostatic union.

The Father has authority over his own Son. This does not mean that the Son is not of same nature with his own Father. In fact, in the Bible, Pharaoh and Joseph the Governor are both equal in nature albeit not in authority.

1 Cor. 11:3 The head of Christ is God
1 Cor. 15:24-28 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

But how could there be a subordination in God?

It's possible if there's plurality of person in God and this will touch the topic of the Trinity.

Always appreciate a religious debate. So, I'll be taking the con side to this arguing against it.
First off, the Bible is just a book. A book written by mortals. A book that has been changed and taken information from other religions and based on Hebrew faith. Also, many of the things inside of the Bible would be cast out since there are over 10,000 things that have evidence to be wrong.
The Trinity also makes zero sense since it was taken from Celtic Paganism's Trinity and put into Christianity. Your argument is based on someone who is part of a pantheon, (god is actually called YHWY and is part of a group of them) so how can a mortal and a god have a god child instead of a logical demi-god?
No offense, but the reasons you are giving is based on a book of a religion which means that I could take Harry Potter and say that it must be true because books can't lie.
And even if Christianity was believable to logical people, you say that if YHWY's son was the exact same image of his father, how would he have power over him? They would be of equal power.
Christianity started out with a group of gods before it began its descent into rapid decline of the religion it started out. So this is my debate.

I thank my opponent for accepting the challenge but the debate is about Christology as I presented and yet he did give me unrelated arguments. If my opponent wish so, I can debate with him about the topic he pursue in another debate challenge.

Oh, lol. I am terribly sorry. I must have misunderstood. I will forfeit it.

DonovanGwinn forfeited this round.

radz forfeited this round.

DonovanGwinn forfeited this round.

radz forfeited this round.

DonovanGwinn forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by GOP 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented unrelated arguments.