Jesus is not the Almighty God

Jesus Christ is not the Almighty God, and he is therefore separate or distinct from The Almighty God.

I'am now challenging anyone to prove to me that Jesus is the Almighty God, or co-equal with Almighty God in a sense and I'll prove otherwise.

Do you kiss your local priest with that mouth? I should slap you with the word of the lord. Jesus Christ is the saviour, and obviously the Almighty God because he came back to life.

Good day fellowmen. Good day to my opponent J-Dawg. First of all I'm not kissing any local priest. Secondly, your argument that Jesus Christ is "obviously the Almighty God" because he came back to life is non-sense and illogical.

"Jesus Christ is the saviour, and obviously the Almighty God because he came back to life." - J-Dawg

Why did I say that his argument is non-sense and illogical? Simple.

Now to the King eternal, immortal,invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17

According to the passage above, the only God is invisible and immortal, meaning He cannot die. No one here can deny the fact that Jesus died on the cross, as a matter of fact, he was raised by the only God.

Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. Acts 2:31-32

Here we can see that Con's conclusion is wrong because his premise is blantantly wrong.

I've already undermined his proposition so I'm gonna build mine. Why did I say that Jesus is not the Almighty God?

According to Paul, we should not add on what's written.

Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. 1 Corinthians 4:6

And there's one passage written by Paul which according to Him , they have just one God, and that God is the Father.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father,from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6

Paul never claimed that the one God is a Trinity and that He is composed of three persons; The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. Instead He introduces this one God as the Father only.

Paul even reiterated that on one of his epistles to the Ephesians.

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:2

Accodring to Paul, Jesus Christ has a GOD and a FATHER. If Jesus Christ is God himself, then we will have a God who has a God of his own. Jesus even conformed on Paul, that he has a GOD and a FATHER, and that one is the same God and Father that we know and worship.

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” John 20:17

Even on the OT, the one God is being regarded as the Father, not the mainstream father, son and holy ghost. Let's read:

Don’t you know that we all have God as our Father? Didn’t the one God create each of us? Then why do you cheat each other by breaking the agreement God made with your ancestors? Malachi 2:10

Surely, I'm conforming with what the bible is saying, that there is only one God, which is the Father, and He is also the Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

My opponent here might argue that Jesus was called a god in the bible. To that my argument is that Jesus is a god but he is not the God.

Is it acceptable to call someone or something a god and yet nit the God? Yes!

Jesus was called a mighty God ,in hebrew el gibbor in the prophecy made by Isaiah in Isa 9:6, but that doesn't make Jesus the Almighty God, why ?

The word God which is the english translation of the word/s El, Elohim in the Hebrew tongue and Theos in greek is a generic term and it doenst automatically denote to the Creator, the Almight One. It could be used to the magistrates and judges of Israel.

To the Judges:

* God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”. Psalms 82:1

* His lord shall bring him to [the] gods, that is, (to the) judges; and he shall be set to the door, and to the posts; and his lord shall pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall be servant to him till into the world. (then his lord shall bring him to the judges; and he shall put him up against the door, or the door-post; and his lord shall pierce his ear with an awl, and then he shall be his slave forevermore.) Exodus 21:6 WYC

* (But) If the thief is hid(den), or unknown, the lord of the house that received that good shall be brought to the gods, that is, to (the) judges, and he shall swear, that he held not forth his hand into his neighbour’s thing, to defraud (and he shall swear, that he did not put forth his hand to his neighbour’s thing, to defraud him). Exodus 22:8 WYC

To the Messianic King or David:

* You are God, and you will rule forever as king. Your royal power brings about justice. Psalms 45:6

To Moses:

* And the Lord said to Moses, Lo! I have made thee the god of Pharaoh (Lo! I have made thee like a god to Pharaoh); and Aaron, thy brother, shall be thy prophet. Exodus 7:1

To Samuel:

* And the king said to her, Do not thou dread (Fear not); what hast thou seen? And the woman said to Saul, I saw gods ascending from [the] earth. 1 Samuel 28:13

To Supernatural Spirits/angels:

* All those who worship images, those who are proud of idols, are put to shame. All gods bow down to the Lord! Psalms 97:7

* Lord, I shall acknowledge to thee in all mine heart; for thou heardest the words of my mouth. My God, I shall sing to thee in the sight of angels; (The song of David. Lord, I shall praise thee with all my heart. My God, I shall sing praises to thee before the angels,or before the gods.)

To the false Gods/deities:

* And when all the men of the tower of Shechem heard that, they entered into an hold of the house of the god Berith. Judges 9:46

* And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god. 1 Samuel 5:7

* Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father. 1 Kings 11:33

* But the angel of the Lord
said to Elijah the Tishbite, Arise, go up to meet the messengers of the king of Samaria, and say unto them, Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that ye go to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron? 2 Kings 1:3

To men/pharisees:

* Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? John 10:34

To Satan:

* In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

And to Jesus:

* For unto us a yeled is born, unto us ben is given; and the misrah (dominion) shall be upon his shoulder; and Shmo shall be called Peleh (Wonderful), Yoetz (Counsellor), El Gibbor (Mighty G-d), Avi Ad (Possessor of Eternity), Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace). Isaiah 9:6

H430 'elohiym el-o-heem'

plural of H433;

gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative.

angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

G2316 theos theh'-os

of uncertain affinity;

a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

KJV: X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).

J-Dawg forfeited this round.

truthcaster forfeited this round.

J-Dawg forfeited this round.

truthcaster forfeited this round.

J-Dawg forfeited this round.

truthcaster forfeited this round.

J-Dawg forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Plus it calls potential actiobs of God, a very rude term.
Posted by henryajevans 2 years ago
That statement is, of course, dependent upon the existence of God in the first place.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 2 years ago
God is the the almighty god. His son is Jesus. God created us all, isn't that might enough, Big Bang, BULL CRAP!!. God created everything and anything is possible with god.
Posted by Chief_Sosa 2 years ago
Youre both wrong, Yeezus is our lord and Based God is his son. PRAISE YEEZY!!!
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
I suggest adding a rule that this debate assumes the validity of the bible.
Posted by truthcaster 2 years ago
no I'm not.
Posted by crabby 2 years ago
I'm assuming your Muslim?
Posted by crabby 2 years ago
I'm assuming your Muslim?
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Nice round on the pro side.