bonnieboy
Logical-Master

Jesus is real.

bonnieboy

Pro

We have our rights to whatever religion we choose. When people, such as the people who are debating against me, contradict this, they make the people who are loving and caring to jesus christ, Get very mad and angry. I almost died before, when i got carjacked, and i prayed to be safe. I saw the compassion in the eye's of him, and he let us go. He crashed and killed himself with his gun that he put to my head. I had to pay the money for the rental car, but we were ok. This proves that when you are a christian, or if you believe in jesus christ. you are being watched over.
Logical-Master

Con

Good afternoon. Usually, I'd post formalities, but based on what I've seen in another one of my opponent's "debates", I suspect that he is a troll. Incidentally, I am a Christian, so this debate will be devil's advocate for me. :D In other words, what I say doesn't reflect my actual belies. Nevertheless, let us proceed:

Observation #1: Voters, you must keep in mind that the burden of proof belongs to my opponent when it comes to proving that Jesus is real. If he does not provide conclusive evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ, you must vote against him.

Observation #2: The resolution states "Jesus is real." This is a gnostic claim. If I argue with an agnostic claim, I will still being supporting the position of a contender.

My opponent provides you with a personal experience that he suggest proves Jesus is real. First and foremost, personal experiences should not be used as evidence (much less conclusive evidence) in these online debates as we have no way of verifying the credibility of my opponent's claim (for all we know, he could have made the entire incident up). Noting that alone, this is easily dismissible.

However, there is another problem with his personal experience. It suffers from the fallacy post hoc ergo propter hoc. In other words, my opponent is suggesting that because his prayer occurred before his assailant committed suicide, that Jesus must exist. And for those not familiar, below is an example provided from a website that helps show the absurdity of this reasoning:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is evident in many cases that the mere fact that A occurs before B in no way indicates a causal relationship. For example, suppose Jill, who is in London, sneezed at the exact same time an earthquake started in California. It would clearly be irrational to arrest Jill for starting a natural disaster, since there is no reason to suspect any causal connection between the two events." : http://www.nizkor.org...

As for my own argument, I affirm that there is no conclusive evidence to suggest that Jesus exist as He cannot be observed or studied with any scientific instruments. And given that the only means of communication (prayer) can pretty much always be summed up as the post hoc fallacy (as I've suggested above), that wouldn't be suitable evidence either.
bonnieboy

Pro

i see your point, and i understand your trying to play devils advocate. read 90 minuets in heaven. research about it and you might find out a lot about jesus and the role he plays on many people. there are miracle's that happen every day, and i want your opinion on if they are just a coincidence, or jesus related.
Logical-Master

Con

My opponent does not address my above arguments, so an extension of them is warranted.

Also, as a debater, it is his job to provide me with his evidence. Simply telling me to do his job and his research (as in, go read a book containing someone's opinion) is not maintaining his position by any means. Rather, it only weakens it.

Thus, I wait for my opponent's final rebuttal.
bonnieboy

Pro

f u man... that guy got run over by a trackter trialer truck and he survived. why dont you go suck your moms dick and then f ur moms butt. go suck a weiner you fat lard. c bag....
Logical-Master

Con

My opponent still does not address my arguments, so my extension in round 2 is well warranted.

My opponent also childishly resorts to the ad hominem fallacy in this round in attempt to belittle me.

Voters: My opponent does not address my arguments, demands that I do his research and present his evidence, and commits the ad hominem fallacy in round 3. For those reasons, I urge that you vote my case.

Posted by bobsatthepub 9 years ago
bobsatthepub
Never had a near death experience as to date... that I know of. Getting car jacked and having a gun pulled on you would be as scary as anything, who's arguing that?
Disrespect? I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I prefer the term putting it into perspective.
Posted by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
bobsatthepub, while I don't have strong religous beliefs whatsoever, I have to take the right of defending bonnieboy, as he indeed has been carjacked in his early childhood. I am disgraced that you would disrespect the peril of being a gunfire away from death that bonnieboy has been through, and can tell that you haven't had a near-death experience to feel for someone who has.
Posted by bobsatthepub 9 years ago
bobsatthepub
"I almost died before, when i got carjacked, and i prayed to be safe. I saw the compassion in the eye's of him, and he let us go. He crashed and killed himself with his gun that he put to my head. I had to pay the money for the rental car, but we were ok. This proves that when you are a christian, or if you believe in jesus christ. you are being watched over."

haha, not funny. BUT, I love the logic. Somehow god found you getting carjacked to be more important then the millions of Africans dying. Someones got there priorities just right.
Posted by TidusAlmasty 9 years ago
TidusAlmasty
Sarcasm can be found below me. :)

Anyway, logical, I'm not from Knox either. I go to Johnson Bible College in south Knox.
Posted by anwermate 9 years ago
anwermate
wow, bonnieboy, you totally owned logical master! Your super debating skills are beyond compare. Also your good at vocabulary.
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
Hahaha, I disagree with you logical. I feel that she should be arrested for causing an earthquake and then beaten into submission. Before we kill her we should extract her technique from her and employ it in destroying our enemies or the moon. Whichever needs to be destroyed more.

However I must agree that the pro gave no credible evidence, dropped all of logical's arguments and then made Jesus look bad by advocating for him whilst using such profane language and lack of reasoning.

Thus having discredited the pro I must vote for logical in this case but at the same time I must make the assumption that Jesus has promoted such a horrible debate if he does indeed exist and is an evil person.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
I'm not from Knoxville. I just go the college known as "University of Tennesse."
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
If you check his "Democrates scare me" debate, you'll note that he acts no differently, thus the reason I suspect him to be a troll.
Posted by TidusAlmasty 9 years ago
TidusAlmasty
Logical wins this one hands down.

I don't like the fact that the pro proclaimed Jesus was real and used such vulgarities.

And Logical, where aboot in Knoxville are you from?
Posted by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
Nor being reasonable in any regard, so it would seem.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 8 months ago
KingDebater
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 7 years ago
Tatarize
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by cLoser 9 years ago
cLoser
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Korezaan 9 years ago
Korezaan
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by anwermate 9 years ago
anwermate
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
bonnieboyLogical-MasterTied