insurgentnation
JohnnyMaboy

Jesus is the only way to be saved, if you don't believe in him you will burn for eternity

JohnnyMaboy has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

insurgentnation

Con

I argue that it is very possible that Jesus is the golden calf warned about in exodus 32 and the worship of our father through him is actually a form of idolatry thereby condemning your soul, ironically while you believe it is saved. 1st round to accept and state your position, 2nd and 3rd rounds open, 4th is closing statements, please, no new arguments in closing.
JohnnyMaboy

Pro

I accept the argument and will argue that there's no need to be saved, and if we are saved, the. saved from what?

Jesus is a great thing to worship to for people who need Jesus, but there's no need to be saved from anything. Sins have consequences, you may feel guilt or be pursicuted, either way, the action isn't forbidden, it simply has undesirable consequences.
insurgentnation

Con

Thank for accepting the challenge. Although this is not the position I was expecting to argue against, I will happily oblige.
I will assume for the sake of the argument, that your position is that of an explicit atheist and you believe that we as humans, are the highest intellectual beings that have any cause or effect on our lives. This being your position, if you were correct in you're reasoning and could prove that this is the case and we have no consequences after this life and only undesirable outcomes for commission of sin in this life, I would have no counter argument. Since your theory cannot be proven just as I cannot prove mine, I will refer you to the argument of Pascal's wager, in which he states "humans all bet with their lives either that God exists or that he does not. Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell)."[1] Given this theory and that you have absolute zero proof that God does or does not exist, i argue that God existing is actually a lot better possibility than not and your position is one that, if God does exist, puts your soul in jeapordy of being destroyed, therefore your position is not reasonable and the most likely to have an undesirable outcome. Therefore even the position that perhaps may worship an idol is actually a better position to have than the one you hold because the outcomes if both of you are wrong are the same, if the ones worshipping Jesus are right and you are wrong you will burn for eternity and they will have eternal happiness and finally if you are right and they are wrong they will still have just as a desirable outcome as you do and have less undesirable situations because of their attempts to abstain from Sin.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...'s_Wager