Battoman
XxFoxlordxX

Jesus never states he is God.

Battoman

Pro

Greetings.
My argument is stated in the title: Jesus never claims to be God.
Although this sentence might seem easy to debunk, the paragraphs my opponent chooses to quote as to prove me wrong can easily be understood in other ways.
Let me demonstrate:
(After being asked to show the face of God)
(John 14:9)
Jesus answered: "Don"t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"?
Now, this might seem as Jesus referring to himself as God, but upon greater inspection, it seems more logical that Jesus means that God is happiness, and thus when one sees Jesus, God is also seen.
I would like this statement to be debunked.
XxFoxlordxX

Con

Hello.

Let me just start by saying, Jesus absolutely said he was God. John 8:58 says,"Then Jesus said to them,"Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." As many and say, this can be interpreted in different ways. But, many times throughout the Bible, God is referred to as being or in his perspective, I AM. Jesus is saying that he is God.
At John 10:30, Jesus says,"I and my father are one." I feel this verse is pretty self explanatory, but just in case. The majority of christians believe in the trinity. The Father, The son, And the Holy Spirit are all the same. This verse completely confirms that and it comes straight from the mouth of Jesus. Since him and the father are one, he is rightfully claiming he is God.

In Revelation 1:8 God says,"I am the Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the End"
Revelation 22:13, Jesus says," I am the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the End...(22:16)I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these thing in the churches."
Once again, Jesus is saying and confirming himself to be god. With these verse and not the streamline argument of,"interpretation," I'm not sure how your claim holds any feasible strength.
Battoman

Pro

The first two quotes still have to potential to interpret that God is happiness, and so is Jesus, thus he and God "are one", and he was before Abraham, as happiness existed before Abraham.
Now, I must admit that I have lost this debate, as I am unable to debunk my opponent's third and fourth quote.
Thank you for debating.
XxFoxlordxX

Con

I thank you for the debate as well. It was fun!
I think we should just waive the next rounds or something like that.
XxFoxlordxX

Con

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was my victory screech.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Does it matter ? I can state that I am god or not. It makes no difference. That is why we have so many prophets.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
I'll be watching........
................................................AS WELL!!!!!!
Posted by CuriousFear 1 year ago
CuriousFear
I'm a Muslim and I fully agree with Battoman. I'm watching.