Jesus really died for your sins don't ever forget that, think about Rene Descartes

jake58 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Rene Descartes says cog Ito ergo sum I think der fore I am those are the words that directly proved that Jesus was true.

no.. and how could i remember it
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
sure you can do that.. will you let me see it? cant wait to see the denial it contains
Posted by missmozart 1 month ago
Hey vi_spex, sorry the message I sent you was cut short. If you agree, then just PM me or accept.

Sorry for posting on this debate!!
Posted by Iamsmarter 1 month ago
Rene Descartes' goal in that meditation was to strip all his knowledge bare, leaving only that of which he could be completely certain. Therefore, he would not have meant to imply anything besides that which he literally stated, which was merely that he exists. His existence alone was all he could be sure of; nothing about Jesus was implied.
Posted by missmedic 1 month ago
A god that has a "believe or else" policy is hard to believe in.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
i know you cant close your eyes right now and read on till this last word
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
so water is stone and god is real then.. utter drivel
Posted by DDavidov 1 month ago
"Cogito ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I am" was said by Rene Descartes to conclude that we cannot doubt of our existence while we doubt; that while we cannot be sure about the existence of all we perceive through our senses, we are certain that 'I' exist because I am able to contemplate this.

There is no relation between this quote and Jesus dying for our sins. Your argument is invalid, jake58.
Posted by canis 1 month ago
Cogito ergo sum est. This proves that I have 3 wings and 9 legs...Until I "cogito" something else..
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
you are a zombie is all
Posted by Bjs123 1 month ago
Miss medic- of course we have a need to believe! Believing will get us a place in heaven! And Jesus could die because he was humbled down into a human.