Stupidape
maskedmole

Jesus walked on water.

maskedmole has forfeited round #2.

Stupidape

Con

I just don't see how it is possible that Jesus walked on water. I think plenty of people must have tried that and fell into the body of water they were walking on. Dolphins can walk on water, yet to the best of my knowledge Jesus was a human, and therefore could not be a dolphin.

I just don't see how this is physically possible. Most of the creatures that can walk on water are very small. [0] Also, I've never seen any human walk on water.

So, I guess the question remains why do people think Jesus walked on water? There is a logical explanation. First, there is evolutionary psychology that explains why religion is pan-human. [1] Therefore, humans had religion and believed in religion because it helped them survive and pass on their offspring.

This meshes well with Darwin's natural selection. The tribes that were religious were better fitted to survive and the non-religious tribes went extinct. So, this is why we believe something that can't possibly be real.

0. http://voices.nationalgeographic.com...
1. https://www.psychologytoday.com...
maskedmole

Pro

It says clearly in the Bible Jesus could walk on water, and the Bible was written by highly scholars and musicians of the time. It is only logical to say they are correct in their assumptions. Jesus could have very well used his positive aura to walk on water, which is nearly as light as gravity, by the way.
Stupidape

Con

"It says clearly in the Bible Jesus could walk on water, and the Bible was written by highly scholars and musicians of the time. It is only logical to say they are correct in their assumptions. Jesus could have very well used his positive aura to walk on water, which is nearly as light as gravity, by the way." maskedmole

The Bible makes many claims that science has proven false. For example the creation date of the Earth, first humans, and so forth. The Bible cannot be seen as a credible source for claims about the physical world.
Posted by ThisIsMyUsername333 6 months ago
ThisIsMyUsername333
This debate is going to be nearly impossible to decide a winner on because none of us can go back in time and see if Jesus walked on water or not; you either take the Bible's word for it or you don't.
Posted by missmedic 7 months ago
missmedic
There are hundreds of video of people walking on water, none of them are jesus.
https://www.youtube.com...