Phenenas
debate0101

Jesus was a real person

Phenenas has forfeited round #2.

Phenenas

Pro

I will be arguing that Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person who existed in the real world. Con must argue that Jesus's existence is entirely fictional.

Here's the debate structure:
Round 1 - acceptance
Round 2 - opening arguments
Round 3 - defense and rebuttal
Round 4 - defense, rebuttal, and conclusion

Good luck! :)
debate0101

Con

Sources: Do you have a list of names of all the people in Nazareth to ensure that we can rule out any confusion caused by other individuals having the name as "jesus"?
Posted by boozeandbabble 2 months ago
boozeandbabble
Phenanas' pic scare the shitt out me. Look like resident evil eyeball.
Posted by SNP1 4 months ago
SNP1
The person who actually seemed like he wanted to seriously debate the topic.

Phenenas
Posted by debate0101 4 months ago
debate0101
@SNP1, can you be more specific....who would you like to debate with?
Posted by SNP1 4 months ago
SNP1
I am an undergrad student specializing in early Christianity. If you wish to do this debate another time, I would be willing to be your opponent.

I do not have the most time right now as I am currently getting notes put together for a research paper (for an undergrad student journal), but I can set some time aside for a debate.
Posted by debate0101 4 months ago
debate0101
@Dujec, thanks for the correction. It's between 6 and 4 BC.
Posted by Dujec 4 months ago
Dujec
@debate0101 Jesus was supposedly born around 400 B.C?
Posted by debate0101 4 months ago
debate0101
@HGA. Technically, the anonymous author code-named "Luke" never even met a "jesus" character who was supposedly born around 400 B.C while the anonymous author Luke, was born around 80 AD.

How exactly could any author know the real biography of a stranger's life who supposedly lived over 480 years in the past? Sounds like a lot of nonsense when you consider these timelines...
Posted by HGA 4 months ago
HGA
I was looking forward to a good debate, too. It was pretty clear which Jesus Pro was referring to.
Posted by Phenenas 4 months ago
Phenenas
@debate0101 I ought to shove a cross up your rectum.
Posted by debate0101 4 months ago
debate0101
"jesus" is a common name during the early centuries in the Middle East region. In order to clarify that we are referring to the correct "jesus", we must identify other individuals named "jesus" and distinguish which "jesus" you plan to prove was real. Othwrwise, there's too mich ambiguity in defining the "jesus" of Nazareth.