giraffelover
cybertron1998

Jesus was dead when he was taken from His cross

giraffelover

giraffelover

Pro

This debate is to decide whether or not Jesus was dead after He was removed from the cross. The first round is for acceptance, the second for arguments, the third for rebuttals, and the forth for closing statements.
Jesus= The founder of Christianity.
For the sake of simplicity, we shall assume that Jesus was nailed to the cross by romans, like the Bible said. The question is, could Jesus have survived a Roman Crucifixion?
Any takers? By the way, please vote. I can't improve my debating skills if no one tells me what I did wrong.
giraffelover

Pro

Ok. Why do I think it's impossible to survive a Roman crucifixion? The Romans were experts on execution. These are the people who perfected it. The executioners were soldiers, so it's certain that these people could tell if someone was dead.
http://www.dyeager.org...
http://brainz.org...
cybertron1998

Con

hmm can I decline I haven't thought this through
giraffelover

Pro

I would let you unaccept, except I don't know how to do that. Sorry. =(
giraffelover

Pro

Could someone report this debate? As for the reason, just explain that Con changed his mind.
Posted by giraffelover 4 years ago
giraffelover
He could have passed out from the pain. However, when the disciples saw Him, the only trace of injuries they saw were the nail wounds in His hands and feet, as well as the spear thrust in His side. His heart could have slowed down, but probably not enough to deceive the Roman soldiers. Remember, their main job was fighting, so they knew when someone was dead. As for the stone slab, it weighed over a ton AND you would have to open the grave by moving it uphill. That would have been nearly, if not completely, impossible for someone who survived a Roman crucifixion.
Here is a picture of a cat o nine tails, like Roman soldiers would have used to beat their victims.
http://images.yourdictionary.com...
Posted by Reni-1_3 4 years ago
Reni-1_3
I know this is from two weeks ago, but this debate was at t he top when i logged in, and I have to rattle some cages.

Was he reincarnated? Or walking around because he wasn't killed on the cross? He could have easily passed out from the pain he endured. And losing as much blood as he probably did, his heart rate would be slower, cooling his skin and making it more believable that he was dead. One night is just enough time to recoup from injuries like whipping. You'd be one sore mofo in the morning though. I think the debate everyone should be having, is how the hell did he break that stone slab?
Posted by cybertron1998 4 years ago
cybertron1998
I am going from a logical standpoint the bible only said that but never said anything about the events in between. jesus could have very well been alive but god just healed his wounds
Posted by cybertron1998 4 years ago
cybertron1998
typhlo I conceded before that I don't see why you have to grade it
Posted by giraffelover 4 years ago
giraffelover
He was walking around after His death because He was raised from the dead. The Bible clearly tells us that.
Posted by cybertron1998 4 years ago
cybertron1998
is there a cancel my debate button
Posted by giraffelover 4 years ago
giraffelover
How do I cancel this debate?
Vote Placed by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
giraffelovercybertron1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con basically forfeited.
Vote Placed by Typhlochactas 4 years ago
Typhlochactas
giraffelovercybertron1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct because Con said 'screw you'. Spelling and grammar because Con didn't even construct sentences with punctuation, capital letters, etc. Arguments because Con never answered Pro. Sources because Pro is the only one who gave sources.
Vote Placed by Nimbus328 4 years ago
Nimbus328
giraffelovercybertron1998Tied
Reasons for voting decision: There actually is a case to be made for Jesus being alive after his supposed death. He was walking around later, if I remember correctly.