Jesus was the Son of God.

There are multiple times in the Bible that Jesus Christ, claimed to be the Son of God. There are also multiple prophesies in the Old Testament, that Jesus filled to the letter.

Thanks to my opponent for instigating this debate.

***NOTE***: I am a Catholic, and I personally DO believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but I accepted this debate due to the fact that it CANNOT BE PROVEN.

Jesus - Also called Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus, Jesus of Nazareth. born 4? b.c., crucified a.d. 29?, the source of the Christian religion.

Was - 1st and 3rd pers. sing. pt. indic. of be.

The - (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an ): the book you gave me; Come into the house.

Son - a male child or person in relation to his parents.

Of - (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.

God - the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

Since I am not a big fan of semantics, I just want to say that I am guessing that my opponent is referring to the Christian God and not some other god like Allah.

To begin, I request my opponent show proof of verses that Jesus is mentioned to be the Son of God.

In Christianity, we believe that Mary is the mother of Jesus. She was conceived by the Holy Spirit. So right off the bat, God is in no way the father of Jesus, because his sperm did not fertilize Mary's eggs. In fact, it's believed that no one's sperm was used in the conceiving of Jesus. It was a "miraculous" impregnation.

If anyone should be called the "The Father of God" it should be Joseph. Joseph married Mary and when she became pregnant, everyone assumed that Mary had commit adultery since Joseph had never had sexual relations with her. When the whole town was going to stone Mary for her sins, Joseph had a sudden realization that Mary really was conceived miraculously. He then called of the stoning and loved her like a normal wife. Joseph was always a role model to Jesus when he was growing up; teaching him to be a carpenter, etc. It is safe to call Joseph a "father-figure".

I will save the rest of my arguments for the next rounds. In conclusion, scientifically, there is no way Jesus can be the Son of God. God never had physical presence on earth.

Thanks to the readers for their time.

I thank Con for accepting this challenge.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Jesus said:
I and my Father are one. John 10:30

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. John 14:9
I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I Am. John 8:58

Thank you Pro for showing these verses, but I honestly can't see how any of them connect Jesus and God as being in a Father - Son relationship.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to post in this round because you did not have any counter arguments. All you posted were the verses (which I thank you for), but you still need to post a counter argument. Please do so in round 3.

TheSound1 forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited this round and still has no counter argument, which once again unfortunately leaves me with nothing to debate about in this round.

*VOTERS* Please, vote according to who you think debated better, not on your personal beliefs (as I mentioned in Round 1, I also personally believe Jesus is the Son of God). The fact is, it is physically and scientifically impossible for this to happen, because God had no physical presence on earth. Therefore there is no way he could have impregnated Mary, which by definition, is the only way God could be Jesus' father.

Thanks again to all of the spectators for their time and patience.
Posted by Postup10101 5 years ago
how could you possible give TheSound1 Conduct and convincing arguments??????????? He forfeited a round so automatically he should lose on conduct, and what arguments did he state? He did not have a single counter argument
Posted by thisoneguy 5 years ago
Gen 1:1 - "in the beginning" - Barasheet (Hebrew)
Bet - Resh - Aleph - Shin - Yod - Tav.

Bet - - - - - house or tent.
Resh - - - - Head, - First, or highest person.
Aleph - - - - Ox, or bull, first ultimate strength, God.
Shin - - - - (2) Teeth, - to destroy or consume.
Yod - - - - - Arm - hand, (fist to elbow) - My hand , my effort, my work.
Tav - -- - - - 2 cross sticks, "the cross" - the mark of the covenant.

Hebrew for "son" is "Ben" - "Bar" is Aramaic - Hebrew is derived from Aramaic, and Jesus spoke Aramaic.

Bet and Rash - "Bar" - "Son of". -- Example, "Simon Barjonah" - "Simon son of Jonah".

Barasheet - (in the beginning)
"The son of God will be killed by his own hand (or effort) on a cross"

"... The lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world".(or "in the beginning") [Rev 13:8]
no man can take Jesus' life. He gave it willingly. He lay down His life by his own hand for His sheep (John 10:15)

"In the beginning God created...." or "In the beginning Created God...." -

CREATED - Is the first verb in scripture. and the second (Hebrew) word in scripture

Created - "Bara" - Bet, resh, Aleph.

Bet - - - - - house, tent
Resh - - - - (man's) head, First or highest.
Aleph - - - -Ox, or bull, first ultimate strength, God.

Bet, Resh - - (Bar) "son of"
Aleph - - - - .Ox, or bull, first ultimate strength, God.

CREATED - "Son of - God" (Bar-a)

All things were created by "bar-a" - the son of - God.

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him;[Jesus] and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him". [Jesus]

Jesus is "the son of God".
Vote Placed by 513Creed 5 years ago
Vote Placed by Postup10101 5 years ago