jillardwillard
CaptainMoo

Jewelry

jillardwillard

jillardwillard

Pro

Jewelry is a must to really show off your style to others. It is especially cool when a jewerly item has real meaning to the individual. People who don't wear jewelry are lame and should die. There are so many different forms and types that there has to be something for everyone. WEAR JEWELRY! (or i will find you)
CaptainMoo

Con

JEWELRY SUCKS! for the following reasons...
1. my opponent (jillmonkeyballsucker) said that jewelry is a form of expression to show of style and what not but their are many different means of showing off style. Like me, i have bright red streaks in my hair to show I'm rebellious and independent. everyone wears jewelry but not everyone has bright red streaks in their hair.
2. most jewelry comes in sharp pointy form (example: earrings, lip rings, nose rings etc.). And i for one think of my body as a temple and refuse to painfully stick a hole in my skin just so i can decorate myself like a christmas tree.
3. Jewelry is dangerous. Their are many cases daily of necklaces, earrings, etc. getting caught in stuff and causing serious damage to ones health or death.
jillardwillard

Pro

jillardwillard forfeited this round.
jillardwillard

Pro

Okay Captain Moo. Just because i missed ONE round doesnt mean you automatically win. I was at an actual debate tournament and couldn't refute in time. So lets get this thing going.
1. I understand that there are other ways of expressing one's style but as I already stated, jewelry is the best way to do this because the other ways (streaks in the hair) are what losers do. Besides, there're only so many ways to do hair whereas there are tons of different kinds of jewelry as well as places to wear said jewelry. This gets rid of the Con's only example.
2. Not most jewelry comes in pointy forms. In fact, that is only one kind. You also dont have to pierce anything to wear jewelry. It's called bracelets, necklaces, rings, anklets, toe rings... As you can see you can wear alot of jewelry before you have to pierce anything. But some people don't mind piercings either. This opens up ear, nose, eyebrow, lip, bellybutton, and anywhere else where there is skin. Some have piercings going down their sides or on their hands. Now how unique is that???? Suck on that Captain Moo.
3. My opponent says Jewelry is dangerous but gives no specific case in which someone recieved serious damage or was killed from wearing necklaces or earrrings etc. She also says "getting caught in stuff" which is a bad choice of words and she once again gives no specifics.

So as you can see, Jewelry has only benefits and should be worn by everyone to show off your style!! Don't be lame, wear Jewelry!!
With that I urge a Pro ballot.
CaptainMoo

Con

CaptainMoo forfeited this round.
Posted by jillardwillard 7 years ago
jillardwillard
Okay people so should not report this. that's really stupid cuz this is between me and CaptainMoo who know each other socially and nothing personal is meant by it. we're trying to keep this fun and light. calm down people!!
Posted by CaptainMoo 7 years ago
CaptainMoo
Jill do you hear this?? there telling me not to cuss you out! Report this...do it.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
Reported.
Posted by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
@Cap.Moo: Just FYI, use of profanity in-round is very bad form, and usually loses you the Conduct point in the voting. It also is a sign of a weak argument; if your round does not convince without profanity, it probably is unworthy of consideration.

"People who don't wear jewelry are lame and should die."

Ah... I see.
(limps off to die...)
Vote Placed by B-ball_Grl78 7 years ago
B-ball_Grl78
jillardwillardCaptainMooTied
Vote Placed by jillardwillard 7 years ago
jillardwillard
jillardwillardCaptainMooTied