alimr313
Rjupudi18

Jihad is a struggle, not a war

alimr313 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

alimr313

Pro

Jihad, in Islam, is a struggle. It could be a spiritual struggle against your own desires, or it could be a struggle against someone who means you or your close ones harm. Jihad is not a crusade or a religious war, despite what those in ISIS may think. Abu Bakr al Baghdadi isn't even qualified to start a jihad.
Rjupudi18

Con

While jihad can have many different meanings, it is a form of warfare. There are two main definitions of jihad. One is "the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin". The other definition: "(among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers". While you may align with the first definition, you cannot deny the second one. Jihad is a real religious war between Muslims and non-Muslims, not just a spiritual one.

ISIS is denounced by many Muslims who believe it deviates from the true teachings of Islam. However, they don't realize that ISIS is actually following the Quran as it is written and it's actually the "moderate" Muslims who are deviating from the violent and radical teachings of Islam by not killing the unbeliever. Abu Bakr al Baghdadi is the 21st century version of prophet Muhammad. After all, both killed thousands in the name of Islam and waged jihad against Christianity. They're so similar yet so many Muslims choose to follow one and denounce the other.
Posted by alimr313 1 month ago
alimr313
I think I set it to 3 hours, I thought it would be enough, this is my first debate. I can continue, though I'm going to be busy.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
terrorist
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 month ago
TheRealSpassky101
How does vi_spex still comment. I reported him over 10 times already.
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 month ago
Rjupudi18
We can continue the debate if you want.
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 month ago
Rjupudi18
What was the time limit you set to respond?
Posted by alimr313 1 month ago
alimr313
I ran out of time I to counter I think
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 month ago
Rjupudi18
Why did Pro forfeit?
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
pedophile
Posted by ZenekPr0 1 month ago
ZenekPr0
"Yes Jihad could turn into a war if the aggressors were to make it so by not backing down. Jihad is to fight against aggressors, oppressors, those who wish to do harm, to lives, to property, to rights."

So you think Jihad is only defensive war? Again, Prophet Muhammad would disagree.
Posted by alimr313 1 month ago
alimr313
Darn I was asleep