Jim Morrison Still Living?
Debate Rounds (3)
I affirm that Jim Morrison, formerly of The Doors, is deceased.
Without any argument from Pro, I need only cite the former Doors frontman's death certificate which can be found below.
The English version: http://www.findadeath.com...
The French version: http://www.findadeath.com...
We have no reason to doubt its authenticity.
For now I have nothing more to add, since Pro has not made her argument as of yet. I look forward to it.
1. Jim Morrison claimed on a number of occasions that he was tired of being in the limelight.
2. He was scared of live performances.
3. No one told the authorities of his death for three days.
4. His coffin was excavated and no corpse was found.
1. Many celebrities claim that they are tired of the limelight but do not fake their own deaths. This is not enough evidence to suggest that Morrison faked his own death.
2. My understanding of the Lizard King on this account is that this applied only to performances very early on. Eventually he became used to it and there was no problem.
3. This statement is false. What my opponent is referring to, I believe, is that his death was not reported to the Press for three days. This behavior is understandable. If she wants to rebut this point, I ask that she cite her sources.
4. Once again, it is important to cite sources. My opponent has not cited any source that proves the coffin was ever exhumed, let alone empty. My investigation has only shown that there have been rumors that they may exhume the coffin for reburial in America. Despite the rumors, this seems to have never taken place. Please provide evidence of this.
Even if this turned out to be true, which it does not seem to be the case, there are other explanations. His grave, and the rest of the graveyard, has been vandalized a number of times by fans. At some point someone may have takenhis body for some bizarre reason or another.
Once again, my opponent provides not sources or evidence for her case. In fact, she engages in mere speculation and presents no argument. I challenge her to come up with actual evidence from reliable sources in the final round. Good luck.
rockandrollgirl_1971 forfeited this round.
All of my arguments extend.
Since my opponent offered no counter-argument or even an argument to begin with - I implore you to vote Con.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
You are not eligible to vote on this debate