koolcowhoney
CousinVinny92

Jimmy Graham is a better tight end than Rob Gronkowski

Started: 4/18/2012 Category: Sports

koolcowhoney

Con

Rob Gronkowski has been a consistent threat in the New England passing game for almost all of 2011. Yes, he came to a slow start but as the season progressed and Tom Brady realized his tight ends talent. Gronkowski also led the NFL in receiving yards for tight ends in 2011 with 1372 yards. As well as this he led the NFL in receiving touchdowns for tight ends with 17.
CousinVinny92

Pro

Well played. Yes I agree Rob Gronkowski is a consistent threat in the Patriots passing game, No I do not believe he is CURRENTLY better then Jimmy Graham. The problem with Rob Gronkowski or just (GRONK) was his lack in the super bowl performance (postseason) and his current injury status. You can't just claim Gronk being better then Graham when Gronk only scored a total of 3 TD's in the Patriots postseason run. Now I know yes you can say, but 3 TD's thats 1 a game, sadly he scored all 3 against the DENVER BRONCOS which we all know that game was a blowout and Denver's defense was a joke. His performance after that playoff game was just awful. Reason being well, better defensive teams. He did NOTHING i repeat NOTHING against the Ravens not even scoring any touchdowns, he only put up 4 receptions. The Ravens had him on lockdown, when up against the Giants it was much worse. Yes, i know he was slighty injured that game, but lets be real New England knew that injury of his was serious and basically used him as a decoy that whole super bowl game. His stats were like 2 receptions for 20 yards. Now I will say he did score 17 touchdowns last season for the NE Patriots, but remember Jimmy Graham did score 11 touchdowns putting him behind Gronk for most TD's scored from a tight end it wasn't like Graham wasn't putting up numbers. Gronk and Grahams numbers for YARDS are so close it's like a difference of 17 yards. Graham also in the Saints postseason run put up just as many TD's as Gronk did in the SPAN of 2 games. Graham also had longer yard receptions then Gronk did in the postseason.
koolcowhoney

Con

koolcowhoney forfeited this round.
CousinVinny92

Pro

Proof that I have come on top in this debate. My OPP gave up on round 2 without a response.
Posted by bluepawn24 5 years ago
bluepawn24
wow this going to be a good debate