espanolproyecto
joshuaXlawyer

Joe Arpaio does not use the media to advocate profiling and specifically racism

espanolproyecto

Pro

Many people have said that Joe Arpaio uses publicity stunts to gain support for not only re-election, but for promoting racism. They say that his publicity stunts are merely an effort to appeal to extremists, and have polarized many people's political opinions.

This is not true he is merely enforcing SB1070, and none of his actions are meant to single out hispanics or latinos. I look forward to a rich, interesting debate.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

SB1070 let police officers "lawfully" pull over a person and acost them of being illegal, wow whats next they going to invade all of our homes next?

When you look at this law it invades that whole constitutional legal equality thing, ah but who cares about them they are hispanic.

Its not like they are black or anything, we did that to a black you'd have people flipping... ya know.

Is it cause they are not black the reason we don't give them the rights they deserve?

Whats wrong with these illegal immagrents anyway? Because they are not documented? Actually thats quite wrong illegal aliens actually have documents spilling out of their pockets. They get jobs, pay taxes, get cell phone contracts, buy cars, etc.

I can hear you now but what about the economy? Job Loss? That is actually not illegal alien's issue, if not for the AFTA or America's free trade agreement. We would have our Mill's which provided a bulk of our jobs. As well as bail outs given to companies which should have been left to crumble so maybe more successful ones or new ones would arise and create more jobs. I could go on but illegal aliens are the least of our economic problems, maybe we should get off our butts and those who dropped out get there education. That might help maybe just a little.

When it comes down to it when a person follows an immoral law they themselves become immoral therefore, When you look at this guy allowing the profiling of a race is immoral if we wouldn't do it to blacks or whites then we should not do it to hispanics.
espanolproyecto

Pro

Failsauce.

My opponent has failed to address the topic, and instead he has argued sb1070 is morally wrong as well as consitutionally. And that since we give blacks rights then we should give hispanics rights. Which if you're talking about all spanish speakers (mostly the ones from Spain) then hispanic is the correct term. I'm guessing that you meant Latinos, which refers to most of the people illegaly crossing the border (people from Spain have to come by plane...).

The constitutionality of the law is not in question here, the debate is "Joe Arpaio does not use the media to advocate profiling and specifically racism".

Without any arguments to disprove, I rest my case, which still has not really been made but I'm waiting for something to debate before I make it.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

The argument in all MEANS the entire law advocates it if he enforces it he is advocating it as well.

Instead of looking at my case lets just say failsauce and claim things are not relavent.

:/
espanolproyecto

Pro

Still waiting for you to argue "Joe Arpaio does not use the media to advocate profiling". notice the part about the media which you have still not addressed.

You addressed the part about racism very effectively and I give you credit for that, but I'm interested in whether or not Joe Arpaio uses media to carry out racist policies or actions or uses it to create racist cultures as people claim he does.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

My opponent is arguing semantics, IF hes advocating it by enforcing the law hes advocating it in the media thank you for being annoying.
Since I actually posted a case please flow my side.
espanolproyecto

Pro

I'm done, you missed the point of this debate or I wasn't clear enough about it.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
espanolproyecto

Pro

espanolproyecto forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
go profiling!
Posted by funkymuppetsV2 5 years ago
funkymuppetsV2
this BennyW guy...
Posted by Bruin2006 5 years ago
Bruin2006
Let's see... making his inmates wear pink underwear and flip flops, investigating President Obama's birth certificate long after the issue had been put to rest, and the countless incidents in which Latino residents claim they were pulled over or stopped for no apparent reason during one of Arpaio's many "sweeps."
Posted by BennyW 5 years ago
BennyW
Nice, I agree, now someone debate if Obama's birth certificate is legitimate.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Take it then, 16k.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Yes he does.