Aliboo123
joetheripper117

Jogger Pants

joetheripper117
Started: 4/17/2015 Category: Fashion

Aliboo123

Con

Personally I think they look ridiculous and stupid, especially on guys.
joetheripper117

Pro

I will be making the argument that although jogger pants do not look good on some people, they serve their purpose, and are not a negative influence on the world. I look forward to this debate, best of luck to Con in advance
Aliboo123

Con

Okay well I would just like to say, yesterday, my friend (a girl) wore leggings to school with black and white roses and a guy at my school wore jogger pants that has the same print. A GUY!!!!! You say they don't have a negative effect on the world but I disagree!!! DO YOU SEE HOW UGLY THEY ARE!?!? It's ridiculous! I personally have to say I would rather see neon pink and teal workout gear from the 90's than have to look at pants that sag down past the crotch. "I'm sorry I didn't know I was talking to freaking M.C Hammer for god's sake!"
joetheripper117

Pro

It is unfair to blame an entire type of pants for the design on one of them. Based on your story, it seems as though your main issue was with the fact that he was wearing the same print, not the jogger pants. Most likely, it would have been just as odd if he was wearing sweatpants with the same print. Jogger pants generally come in plain colors, such as black, beige, etc; so this design was out of the ordinary. It is not right to judge an entire group for the actions of a minority of that group, and the same concept applies to fashion. The fact that one pair of jogger pants looked bad is not an indication that all jogger pants are bad. Generalizations such as this have no place in a reasonable debate such as this. And referring to my earlier point that jogger pants do not have a negative impact on society, jogger pants must have a purpose, or else they would not be selling at the high quantities that they are now. Due to the fact that there is a purpose that jogger pants are fulfilling a purpose, they are therefore having a positive impact on society, not just a neutral one.
Aliboo123

Con

Aliboo123 forfeited this round.
joetheripper117

Pro

Con has failed to leave a response, and therefore conceded to me the point that jogger pants are a positive influence on society. I urge voters to vote Pro, as Con has failed to bring any counter arguments to the table, or show that my counter arguments were false. And as a message to Con, I enjoyed this debate, and am a bit sad that you did not take the time to continue it.
Posted by AveyC 2 years ago
AveyC
I think they are ugly especially on guys. I like sweatpants but not jogger pants. There is a difference.
Posted by SPZRKT116 2 years ago
SPZRKT116
Your opinion on joggers Is lame....and sounds foolish. Maybe if you use better word choice people can take you more seriously . also I think people should be free to wear whatever they want and not be judged by others for doing so. I am sure the clothes you wear, some people may not agree with. Also if that's what they think looks good or feels good, then you should take that into consideration before throwing out words like "stupid" or "ugly".
Posted by TheodoretheMan 2 years ago
TheodoretheMan
Wearing them right now
Vote Placed by 4God 2 years ago
4God
Aliboo123joetheripper117Tied