eib10202
phantom

John "Bones" Jones is the best MMA fighter in the world

phantom
Started: 4/13/2011 Category: Sports

eib10202

Pro

The debating will begin in the second round. good luck
phantom

Con

Bring it on!! :)
eib10202

Pro

Jon Jones is clearly the best fighter in the world. We is in the most talented weight class by fair. you can not name any other weight class that the champion actually has to go against real competitors. The other champions are also really one dimensional, while john jones in clearly an all-around athlete.

If you look at his highlights below, it clearly shows that he is not only dominate over world class wrestlers in the wrestling aspect of MMA, but he is also better then world known strikers at their own game.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Also jon jones is so humble with his fights. He is also a superhero. He took down a criminal just a few hours before his championship fight and still won. He is clearly the best
phantom

Con

First thing I’d like to say is, I think it is my opponent who holds the burden of proof in this debate.

Arguments/rebutals:

(1) Pros arguments are based off of opinion, not evidence.

One might base his opinion on who is best by the persons achievements as well as his current form.

This article shows that a couple years ago he wasn’t even near the top. It doesn’t mention him once in the top 15 that it shows. Georges St. Pierre however was top then and still is one of the top now.

http://www.mmacrunch.com...

So he hasn’t even been at the top for long.

One might also ask can he keep it up? If he hasn't been good for a long time would he be considered a proven player?

(2) \\\Jon Jones is clearly the best fighter in the world.///

Again purely opinion.

This article rates him as number four.

http://bleacherreport.com...

This article gives him a very good review, but they put three other players ahead of him. So he is not clearly the best as my opponent states.

(3) \\\We is in the most talented weight class by fair. you can not name any other weight class that the champion actually has to go against real competitors. The other champions are also really one dimensional///

My opponent would need to prove that his weight class is the most talented. But he has given no reasons as to why.

(4) \\\john jones in clearly an all-around athlete.///

1. I assume my opponent means is instead of in.

2. So are many other’s I am sure. All this proves is that he is talented. There is a fine line between one of the best and the best.

(5) \\\\If you look at his highlights below, it clearly shows that he is not only dominate over world class wrestlers in the wrestling aspect of MMA, but he is also better then world known strikers at their own game.///

It proves he is good, yes. But the best? Nope.

(6) \\\\Also jon jones is so humble with his fights. He is also a superhero. He took down a criminal just a few hours before his championship fight and still won. He is clearly the best////

All this proves, is that he should be respected.

A person could be an arrogant, bullying, cockalorum and still be an amazing athlete.

On the other hand a person could be a humble, well tempered, hell of a nice guy, but still not be very good.

Closing statements:

(1) Pro’s argument is just based off opinion; not evidence.

(2) All my opponent has proven thus far is that Jon Jones is a good MMA fighter.

Pro also claims he fights crime and is humble.

(3) Like I said earlier their is a fine line between best and one of the best.

eib10202

Pro

eib10202 forfeited this round.
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
Thats weird their was a glitch when I was writing my round three argument. and that pic appeard
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
Please don't forfeit.
Posted by eib10202 5 years ago
eib10202
OK i didn't bomb you guys on any debates. My opinion. Plus mister TUF i'm not just a little kid. I have been doing MMA before it was really big. I am a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu, an AAU National Boxing Champion, and a two-time state runner-up in Wrestling. Then i am fighting in a new organization called the CFA next year. So before you call someone little, get their background.
Posted by TUF 5 years ago
TUF
Yeah he bombed me on a debate too.

I love how all these little kids watch UFC like once or twice and think tey know everthing about it. Of course you see Jones take the title and automatically assume he is the best MMA fighter. That's what they though about lyoto machida. Maricio Hua. Chuck Lidell, Randy Couture, Rashad Evans, Bj penn, Mat hughes, I could make a list. Point being that all these fighters have a point of greatness, before eventually they get knocked out. Con is gonna own pro in this debate.
Just sayin'.
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
He vote bombed me as well on this debate:

http://www.debate.org...

And I've seen it on at least one other debate.
Posted by Danielle 5 years ago
Danielle
Pro deserves to get bombed on this debate after v-bombing me on this one (http://www.debate.org...). Not only did I clearly win the arguments we debated, but I included a list of 10 arguments my opponent completely dropped. You also gave him the conduct point despite him forfeiting a round which is an automatic loss of conduct point. So yeah basically you're a cheater.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
eib10202phantomTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was making an argument, and Jones does have a case to be made - then forfeit.
Vote Placed by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
eib10202phantomTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments are better than what pro bothered to post and Pro looses conduct for forfeiting
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
eib10202phantomTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unrefuted arguments and evidence.