Ron-Paul
mauricio2

John F. Kennedy was a good President

Ron-Paul

Ron-Paul

Con

I think he is in the top five of the worst Presidents in American History. The first round is for acceptance.

For your information:
My List of the top 5 worst presidents (1 being worst):
1. Barack Obama
2. Franklin D. Roosevelt
3. Lyndon B. Johnson
4. JOHN F. KENNEDY
5. Jimmy Carter
mauricio2

Pro

Hold the phone, President Obama is still in office so how can he be deemed the worst president in history. FDR guided america through WWII and the great depression. The only reason the economy started to dive was because of the FDR policies being out of effect. Jimmy Carter was a bad president, and Johnson was ok. If Kennedy wasn't president, ww3 would have happened sooner. Kennedy was going to end the vietnam war, because he knew it was a failure. Trust me, these "horrible presidents" came after the republicans who messed things up, and they tried to fix it. With the exception to johnson.
Ron-Paul

Con

Well, this is only about John F. Kennedy, but I find it weird how you like Obama and Roosevelt, but do not like Carter and Johnson. That's odd. Anyway, for the debate.

Point 1: John F. Kennedy essentially started the welfare system. John F. Kennedy started today's broken welfare system. The welfare system which today, encourages laziness and contribues to an ever increasing real unemployment rate.

Point 2: John F. Kennedy essentially started the Unemployment Benefits system. He also started that broken system. That system again encourages laziness and contribues to an ever increasing real unemployment rate.

Point 3: John F. Kennedy handled the Cuban Missile Crisis terribly. John F. Kennedy is remembered for making the "heroic" stand with the Cuban Missile Crisis, when in fact, he actually bargained his way out of it by taking US missiles out of Turkey in exchange for the Russian Missiles's withdrawal from Cuba.

Point 4: John F. Kennedy let the Russians build the Berlin Wall. The Russian leaders saw John F. Kennedy as a weak president (which he was), and so the built the Berlin Wall. If someone like Reagan or Nixon were in at that time, the Russians wouldn't have built the Berlin Wall then.

Point 5: John F. Kennedy's foreign policy is as broken and stupid as Obama's is. John F. Kennedy's foregin policy preached peace and diplomacy when the Russians were in no mood or right mind to either accept or give back peace and diplomacy. It was is lax stance on foreign policy that got the Berlin Wall built. Russia was not a country do be taken lightly. It was a very dangerous time and he handled it terribly.

Point 6: "In retrospect, he spent his 35 months in the White House stumbling from crisis to fiasco. He came into office and okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion. Then he went to a Vienna summit conference and got his clock cleaned by Khrushchev. That led to, among other things, the Cuban missile crisis and a whiff of nuclear apocalypse.""The assassination of Vietnam's President Diem on Kennedy's watch may have been one of the two biggest mistakes of the war there. (The other was the decision to wage a war of attrition on the unexamined assumption that Hanoi would buckle under the pain.)": http://www.outsidethebeltway.com.... "I don't buy the theory promulgated by Robert McNamara and others that Kennedy would have kept U.S. troops out. Sure, Kennedy wanted out of Vietnam -- just like Lyndon Johnson wanted out a few years later: We'll scale down our presence after victory is secure.": http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com... was and is a popular president with the public, historians do not rate him especially highly. His tenure was too brief for him to have any kind of substantive impact on the United States, that short record was marred nonetheless by such catastrophes as the Bay of Pigs.": http://wiki.answers.com....

Is there anything else you would like to add that I did not mention
mauricio2

Pro

mauricio2 forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Con

My arguments from Round 2 are extended into this round.
mauricio2

Pro

I deserve to lose this debate. I don't have enough knowledge on the subjects you speak of to defeat you. take on futurepresident. He is a JFK fan as well and he will do much better than I will. sorry I accepted the challenge when I'm not too good at debating.
Ron-Paul

Con

Ok. I will make sure to contact futurepresident. Thank you for the referral.
mauricio2

Pro

mauricio2 forfeited this round.
Ron-Paul

Con

I win this debate.
mauricio2

Pro

mauricio2 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For lannan13: Buchanan had very little to do with the starting of the Civil War. He wasn't even a deciding factor. Almost nothing could have stopped the war. If you want to go that far, than you must say that you hate Lincoln too because he caused it a lot more.
Posted by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
yes Nixon was okay, why Cuban missle crisis. johnson repead a lot of the civil rights laws and Buchanan let the country go into a civil war.
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For once, I agree with futurepresident on lannan13. He pretty much did little. However your list I am going to have to reject to. Why would you put a president who did nothing on your list of worst presidents? And your list is interesting for a Democrat. Where's Reagan? Where's Bush Sr.? Where's Ford? Or are you too smart to include them? And take off Nizon for crying out loud.
Posted by futurepresident 5 years ago
futurepresident
Buchannan literally did nothing in his presidency, and my list for the worst presidents are
1. nixon
2. buchannan
3. carter
4. hoover
5. bush junior
Posted by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
WTF Buchannan and Johnson were the worst presidents
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For mauricio2: Can you respond as soon as possible so we can end this thing?
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For futurepresident: More Liberal nonsense I see.

Response Point 1: He finally showed Russia that the US was more powerful than it was under Kennedy or Johnson.

Response Point 2: Again, we needed an aggressive foreign policy at the time.

Response Point 3: All of this was the effects of Eisenhower's Presidency.

Response Point 4: Well that move by Kennedy was completely stupid. During the cold war, you needed all eyes on Russia. Having missiles in Turkey helped us do that, and would have made it easier if Russia fired it's missiles.

Response Point 5: Kennedy got the ball rolling for Johnson.

Also, Kennedy was one of the worst presidents we had in this country.
Posted by futurepresident 5 years ago
futurepresident
LOL, I like how this guy says we should've had nixon, because he would have handled the situation better.
Point 1: Nixon is a war monger. When he did become president, what happened? Illegal bombing of countries and the watergate scandal.
Point 2: Nixon's foreign policy, and economic policy were terrible. Also, were did we get the Drug War from?Oh yea, Nixon.
Point 3: Kennedy's economic policy worked? The GDP increased 5.5%, which was good for a country coming out of a recession. He kept the steel industry from raising rates, he raised the minimum wage, and kept the economy going steady.
Point 4: I like how you say Kennedy was making a deal with the Soviets. Let me get this straight, you would rather have Nixon just go to war? Because, we need another 10-20 million deaths from a war that could have been prevented.
Point 5: All those welfare policies were Johnson's idea, not Kennedy's. Johnson came up with the welfare system and the great society, which failed miserably.

Also, Nixon was one of the worst presidents we had in this country.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
smh... your top 5? Wow... Sad
Posted by mauricio2 5 years ago
mauricio2
What?!?!?!?!?! man I don't even know what to say to this. you named most of my top fav presidents as the worse?!?!?!?! "sh!t bout to go down" lol jk I don't use that slang. Okay well I shall Accept this debate. but I must say I am horrible at debating. here I go.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
Ron-Paulmauricio2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF's