ANSmith
the_conservative

John McCain picking Sarah Palin was a bad move!

the_conservative

ANSmith

Pro

As we all are well aware of, John McCain announced about a week or two ago that Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska, would be his VP nominee. At first I thought this move was genius on his part: Hillary is out, so why not pick a WOMAN as your VP?! Then you'll get all the Clinton supporters. However, the more I find out and research, the more I realize that this was one of the dumbest moves he could make! Especially in terms of PR.

P1. Let's start with experience. Palin served from 1992-1996 on the Wasilla, Alaska city council, then mayor of Wasilla in 1996. Now, Wasilla has a population of approximately 7,025...VERY small town to say the least. Now I know, I know! "well obama doesn't have experience! so why is it so bad for her?!" is what you might be thinking, but here's an eye-opener...Obama served in the US Senate for 4 years, that means that he has INTERNATIONAL experience too, and deals with government on a NATIONAL level, not the 7,000+ people and the lack of, or rather, NO INTERNATIONAL experience, that Palin has. And isn't our problem right now international relations? With Iraq and other countries?! She's never had to deal with ambassadors and treaties and diplomacy. Now, considering she is VP, she doesn't do much. But let's face it, McCain is 72 years old! The chances of him dying are high, so it's very possible that she COULD become President. And no international experience is a problem. She's going from leading a less than 8,000 population town to the 3rd largest nation in the world!

P2. As we all know, gas is sky-rocketing. The average cost for a gallon of gas is $3.68 (unleaded). Now, Palin strongly promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska, including in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), where such development has been the subject of a national debate. So instead of finding sources of natural energy to try and REDUCE gas costs, she ENCOURAGES it?! Excuse me, but I'd love to go to the pump and NOT have it cost me $50. Wouldn't you?!

P3. It recently came out to Fox News that McCain only picked Palin because she is a younger woman, in an attempt to attract both the youth and former Hillary supporters. I'm sorry, but explain to me this: Yes, some Hillary supporters were feminists who voted for her SOLELY BECAUSE she was a woman. But the majority of us were voting for her because of her policies. So explain to me how McCain thinks that the women WHO WERE voting for a democratic, liberal, pro-choice woman are now going to suddenly vote for a REPUBLICAN, *VERY* CONSERVATIVE, PRO-LIFE woman?! Also, the youth (those between the ages of 18-26) want CHANGE. We are tired of Bush and we don't want 4 more years of the last 8 years! It's an insult to our intelligence to think that just because you picked a woman closer to our age, that we are going to vote for him REGARDLESS of his policies. We're not stupid John!

P4. Her PR is becoming increasingly horrible. She has a 17-year-old daughter who is pregnant out of wedlock, a child with downs, and their is an investigation going on right now suggesting that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power in firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan who did not fire an Alaska State Trooper who went through a messy divorce with her sister. Now granted, the pregnant daughter and downs child do NOT make her look bad, but this is why it is bad PR. She's got a pregnant teenage daughter and a downs baby. Any parent of a downs child you ask will tell you that it is a full-time job. Being President is a FULL-TIME job, not to mention one of the most STRESSFUL jobs in the country. So how is she going to do both, one will have to suffer, and it's not going to be the country.

In order to win this debate, my opponent needs to prove that Sarah Palin IS the absolute BEST choice as McCain's running mate in all areas. And that picking her was a good move because she is the MOST QUALIFIED AND READY to lead this nation if need be.
the_conservative

Con

Thankyou for giving me the chance to debate on this topic. This shall be interesting since we are nearly the same age. Actually , based on the title of this debate, all I must do in order to win this debate is disprove that McCain picking Palin was a bad move, not prove that she is the best choice. whatever.

First off, you stated

"Obama served in the US Senate for 4 years, that means that he has INTERNATIONAL experience too, and deals with government on a NATIONAL level, not the 7,000+ people and the lack of, or rather, NO INTERNATIONAL experience, that Palin has"

Now, just on experience plain and simple, I hate to be one of those people that always say it but Obama only been in for 143 days before running for president. All Obama was, a Community Organizer. Did he do anything great? NO. Do you honestly think that Obama has gained any experience during his campaign? Obama does not have any "INTERNATIONAL" experience, which is what they call "Foreign Policy" . Governor Palin has even visited our troops in Iraq in July 2007, we all know Obama hasn't, and that should say something to you right there.

- Governor Palin is actually more qualified to be Commander in Chief than Obama himself. Lets take a look, Obama was a small time community organizer Senator in Illinois,in the Legislative Branch of our Government. Gov. Palin went from small time city council to Mayor, which already beats out Obama's community organizer right there, then to beat the big named INCUMBENT and well respected Frank Murkowski for Governor of Alaska, in 2006. The Mayor,Governor, and PRESIDENT are parts of The EXECUTIVE branch.

So on experience, Palin already beats Obama, who is running for President, remember, Palin is running as Vice President. I don't know where you got "The chances of him dying are high". The President has the best medical treatment, so that was far fetched of you to say that. Anyways, if he did "die" Palin would be ready to assume the leadership. You cant just assume things like McCain dying, but you can be prepared, which is why he picked Palin, which is better in foreign policy than Obama.

"As we all know, gas is sky-rocketing. The average cost for a gallon of gas is $3.68 (unleaded). Now, Palin strongly promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska, including in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), where such development has been the subject of a national debate. So instead of finding sources of natural energy to try and REDUCE gas costs, she ENCOURAGES it?! Excuse me, but I'd love to go to the pump and NOT have it cost me $50. Wouldn't you?"

This hardly made any sense at all since you did not really have anything to debate over, and drilling ANWR would not make gas rise, Do you not understand what OPEC is and the reason why gas IS so high right now? Don't say the war.
If we drilled ANWR than we wouldn't have to deal with all of the high tariffs and importing. You also just happened to leave out about when Palin even said we will EXPLORE other sources of energy, YOU CANT JUST SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT SOURCE IN A DAY, IT WOULD TAKE A FEW YEARS TO EVEN GET STARTED.

There was nothing on any news station "that McCain only picked Palin because she is a younger woman, in an attempt to attract both the youth and former Hillary supporters", there was discussion and debate on Hannity and Colmes as to WHY he did, but no actual "report". When did "McCain think that the women WHO WERE voting for a democratic, liberal, pro-choice woman are now going to suddenly vote for a REPUBLICAN, *VERY* CONSERVATIVE, PRO-LIFE woman?!" ever say any of this? If you are just ASSUMING that because he picked Palin, then you are mistaken. I'm sure he picked Palin for a big part of that reason, but not JUST for that. The truth is, that a lot of women will vote for McCain and Palin anyways, and it is true that a large,important,chunk of Hilary supporters will vote for McCain.

Yes, " the youth (those between the ages of 18-26) want CHANGE. We are tired of Bush and we don't want 4 more years of the last 8 years". I am glad I am one of the youth who are actually supporting McCain. Lets face it, our generation sucks. HARDLY ANY YOUTH no much about politics other than what they see on TV, and they think its "cool" to go along with the crowd and just vote for Obama, when the reality is they don't know a DAMNED THING when it comes to politics. Of course the Youth has Obama's vote, MY generation is just so young and naive and will listen to anything with out really gaining further queries.

"It's an insult to our intelligence to think that just because you picked a woman closer to our age, that we are going to vote for him REGARDLESS of his policies" So that's totally hurting you when you say this because McCain isn't even going ATTEMPT to get the Youth, that's like telling McCain to Campaign in California. Even if he WAS trying to get the youth, I don't see how it would be an insult to our "intelligence" when the Youth know the least about politics.

Your rant about her downs baby is not even....sane? is that the word? probably not. .....Her husband is very good in supporting the family, he can manage without his wife being there all the time.

You just said in "P4" that "Being President is a FULL-TIME job, not to mention one of the most STRESSFUL jobs in the country. So how is she going to do both, one will have to suffer, and it's not going to be the country." Oh so now all of a sudden McCain has suddenly vanished and Palin is running for President?

Her pregnant daughter is 17.........now if she was 15 I could see it being more difficult but not 17/5.

Now Palin and McCain have most of the anti-abortion votes because Palin didn't abort her downs syndrome child. She has been a life long member of NRA, and she is hot. All these will certainly attract more votes

So while choosing Palin which will certainly increase McCain's numbers in votes, she is the best pick
ANSmith

Pro

"Now, just on experience plain and simple, I hate to be one of those people that always say it but Obama only been in for 143 days before running for president. All Obama was, a Community Organizer. Did he do anything great? NO. Do you honestly think that Obama has gained any experience during his campaign? Obama does not have any "INTERNATIONAL" experience, which is what they call "Foreign Policy" . Governor Palin has even visited our troops in Iraq in July 2007, we all know Obama hasn't, and that should say something to you right there."

--Here you are mistaken. Obama has been to foreign embassies, he's lived in Indonesia for 4 years, he traveled to Pakistan in college, and he was also a member of the Senate FOREIGN RELATIONS Committee. (http://www.talkleft.com...) So on this note you need to get your facts straight. Yes, Palin has visited our troops overseas, but besides that, the only other foreign experience she has is that she lives in Alaska, the closest US state to Russia. And she has admitted to "not really following the War in Iraq." And tell me what NATIONAL experience she has?! Okay, she was Governor and major of both a small town and Alaska. And yes, both these positions are part of the executive branch, but again. Besides visiting the troops, what FOREIGN RELATIONS experience does she have?! What qualifies her and assures the American people that she has experience with dealing with groups such as Al-Queda, or simply meeting with another country, etc. should the need arise!?

"I don't know where you got "The chances of him dying are high". The President has the best medical treatment, so that was far fetched of you to say that. Anyways, if he did "die" Palin would be ready to assume the leadership. You cant just assume things like McCain dying, but you can be prepared, which is why he picked Palin, which is better in foreign policy than Obama."

--again, like a stated before, Obama has much more foreign experience than Palin. So do some research before debating. Also, I understand that the President has the best medical treatment, but IF he assumes office he will be the oldest President in History. If he completes BOTH terms of office, he'll be 81. Let's face it, the older you get, your health goes down, no matter the treatment. What I meant in this paragraph was that we're not worrying about him getting shot, we're concerned about his OLD AGE and the fact that Palin becoming President is a bigger possibility than before. Considering the man will be 72 IF inaugurated.

"The truth is, that a lot of women will vote for McCain and Palin anyways, and it is true that a large,important,chunk of Hilary supporters will vote for McCain."

-- An ABC News poll released Friday found the selection of Palin makes people likelier to vote for McCain by just 6 percentage points — half the 12-point margin by which Sen. Joe Biden makes them more likely to support Obama...There really couldn't be more of a distance between Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton on the issues and the agenda that Clinton fought so passionately for. The more (Clinton supporters) are learning about Palin, the more they are coming to the Obama-Biden ticket. Also Hilary supporters, for the most part, were voting for her position on the issues. And Palin could not be farther away from Clinton in that aspect.

"HARDLY ANY YOUTH no much about politics other than what they see on TV, and they think its "cool" to go along with the crowd and just vote for Obama, when the reality is they don't know a DAMNED THING when it comes to politics. Of course the Youth has Obama's vote, MY generation is just so young and naive and will listen to anything with out really gaining further queries."

-- only 23% of youth ARE NOT registered to vote, and I know that at MY high school, many of the youth were campaigning. And I don't just mean "VOTE FOR OBAMA" either. I mean, presenting his policies, etc. While many youth don't care or just "go with the flow", the majority of us who go out to vote ACTUALLY care. We want change for this country and we feel Obama is the best way for it. McCain sincerely wants to help, unfortunately he just doesn't get it.

"Oh so now all of a sudden McCain has suddenly vanished and Palin is running for President?"

--As VP you have to be prepared to assume the role of President. Plain and Simple. Should something happen to McCain, then she assumes the position. And she's simply not ready. Maybe she will be in a few years, but now right now. This country is in too deep a ditch to put it's future POTENTIALLY in the hands of someone with NO experience other than state, and who no one really had heard of before this. She came out of nowhere.

"Her pregnant daughter is 17.........now if she was 15 I could see it being more difficult but not 17/5."

--what difference does it make how old she is? She's still a pregnant teen, and whether she's 15 or 17, it's still going to be difficult, and she's going to need her mom there for support and help. So saying that she's 17 and that makes it better is irrelevant. Because it's not a matter of her age, it's the fact that she's pregnant out of wedlock that gets everyone in a frenzy.

"She has been a life long member of NRA, and she is hot."

--What do her looks have to do with anything?! Okay, it MIGHT attract some of the youth who don't care, but again, most of them aren't registered to vote. And someone with such political knowledge as yourself should know that looks shouldn't be the basis for office.

"So while choosing Palin which will certainly increase McCain's numbers in votes, she is the best pick."

--Right now, McCain is DOWN in the Polls, he rose about .3 over the last two weeks. So Obama is still ahead. Okay, you're right it will increase his votes. By .3, that's a big number wouldn't you say!?
the_conservative

Con

................Wow.......-_-

"--Right now, McCain is DOWN in the Polls, he rose about .3 over the last two weeks. So Obama is still ahead"

Oh really Obama is ahead in the polls? My favorite is how you forgot to mention that every time a candidate finishes their DNC or RNC their popularity goes up. Its Called the Convention Bounce. So what if Obama is ahead in the polls right now? Its not November. I don't know how many times a candidate was ahead in the polls 9 weeks away from the convention and still lost.

You say "he's (Obama) lived in Indonesia for 4 years" Uhh yeah so he was learning foreign policy when hes was a toddler in Jakarta?

So on this "note" you need to be actually thinking.

Let's just say the Russians attacked the United States in Alaska. I think i know who would be great to help defend it!!
Maybe Obama can lead the Russians on how to be a community organizer about how to do nothing of any signifigance. Also, i love how you totally skewed the direction of this debate from Palin to Obama.

Let's get started.

I love how you say "the only other foreign experience she has is that she lives in Alaska, the closest US state to Russia" and you don't think thats anything major at all? Oh yeah, you are right, especially with the start of that mini-cold war with Russia. You know, only dealing with INTERNATIONAL waters, between Canada and Russia. Trade routes. INTER-FREAKIN-NATIONAL railways, One of the BIGGEST Reserves in the World, and not to mention gaining experience and knowing how to handle ANWR. Also, actually knowing whats going on with the oil rigs in Alaska. I guess you are just caught up in the Obama hype, little girl.

I mean i don't know what we are debating anymore, you've changed it around.

About Palin being the best choice for McCain, i dont know how you don't see it. I am also tired of people like you BIT*HING about the reason McCain picked her. "Oh he just did it for those Hilary votes", Yeah because Obama didnt pick Biden because of race,age, and foreign policy. You are actually the first and probably only person in the world who thinks Obama has foreign policy experience. Let's say he even DID have experience, McCain is like a Gandolf from Lord of the Rings in Foreing Policy and Obama is like a little Frodo.........that was weird lol....

By choosing Palin, McCain is going to be able to rack in these demographics.
-Veterans, Troops. already had his vote anyway. (plus if the troops want mccain that should say it all right there)
-Gun-Owners
-Anti-Abortionists
-P.U.M.A.
-Creationists
-Gender biased females (alot)
-Based on looks a lone (I love how you said she wont get votes because she is hot. Yeah she will. That's politcs in America now. It's all based on looks. You can thank Obama for that.)

Like someone said in the comments, it is HILARIOUS that you guys know you have no room to talk about McCain, so you resort to attacking the number 2 on the Ticket. How sad.

Okay lets see, so now you realize what Palin has with Foreign Policy, what else to make your day less happy.......let's see....Oh yeah did i mention that she has Executive experience. I mean come on, you can play the new-gov. card, but its funny how your actually presidential nominee was in the legislative branch, and whats even worse is that he was for 143 days.

This made me laugh too

"What qualifies her and assures the American people that she has experience with dealing with groups such as Al-Queda, or simply meeting with another country, etc. should the need arise!" WHAT THE F MAKES OBAMA QUALIFIED FOR THAT???!!! Here are Palin's qualification. She is Republican. And she likes Guns. So right there. LOL.

STOP SAYING THAT IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL "Obama has much more foreign experience than Palin" No. Just No. Straight up. Don't say anything else.

Okay about McCain's age. You don't think Sara Palin will learn while she is in office? This is how you are basically putting this. VOTE FOR OBAMA BECAUSE MCCAIN MIGHT DIE! how ignorant and immature.

Reagan was nearly 78 when he EXITED office, served 2 terms, AND WAS SHOT. What a great man.

Yes i know i have been to your highschool before and it's big. Again, that is the youth.

If obama is elected he will change it for sure, but in a bad way, just like Lincoln. Anyways this debate is on whether choosing Palin would help McCain and it has. any DEMOCRAT would tell you she has. We also found out in this debate that Palin is already more prepared to become a greater president than your beloved communtiy leader
ANSmith

Pro

SHUT UP AND STOP INSULTING ME! I'm not a little girl, I'm very intelligent, and I'm not bitching. I'm stating my opinion. you are the one ranting and yelling over a debate, you have no manners, and you are very rude. So if your tactic to winning debates is pitching a fit, cursing, and insulting, then you seriously need to rethink your strategy because it sucks.

At the time I wrote the argument, Obama was ahead in the polls. And right now, McCain is up, the convention bounce. Obama lived in Indonesia during his older years, so he has experienced the culture. Where has sarah Palin been? To KUWAIT on a base to visit troops.

If russia invaded Alaska, all sarah palin could do is give them oil as a peace offering. She has no history of INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS experience AT ALL. And no matter how much you want to argue that because she lives in alaska and was Governor for half a term she all of a sudden has this experience, she doesn't. Maybe later on if she went up the political ladder, but not right now. Yes. She dealt with the ANWR, and that shows her understanding of oil, but that's all it shows. Show me where she dealt with foreign policy, cold hard facts where she resolves a conflict with another country. And I'm not talking about visiting the troops in KUWAIT.

People like me? I'm sorry, but when did this debate become a game of personal attacks? Grow up! Quite bashing your opponent personally and stick to the facts! Palin came out of nowhere, and one of the MAIN reasons he picked her is BECAUSE he wants to tap into ANWR, so what better way to do that then elect the governor of ALASKA to the VP ticket?! Also, it was a smart strategical move...Clinton is out, so elect a woman to attract those Hilary supporters. And she also made reference to the "18 million cracks in the glass ceiling", now TELL ME she's not trying to win over Hilary voters as a woman! Smart strategical move, bad move for the country.

Veterans and troops didn't already have his vote! He did in the beginning, but according to a current poll, more military are favoring OBAMA. More and more are turning towards Obama, so get your facts straight! So the majority of the troops aren't supporting him, and that tells me something right there. And yes, Palin will get votes based on her looks. But the rest of the demographic you describe are REPUBLICANS! =o Big shocker there! McCain winning over REPUBLICANS?! Are you serious?!?!?!?

I have tons of room to talk about McCain, and I do it quite often actually. But the number 2 on his ticket is just ANOTHER bad move on his part. Great PR move, bad move for the future.

143 DAYS!? Where are you getting this?! Obama served on the Illinois state senate for 7 YEARS, and the US Senate for 4 YEARS. That's 11 YEARS. That's roughly 4,015 days, not 143 days. Again, get your facts straight. He also served in the US Senate FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE, so he has dealt with other countries before. Again, Palin served for 3 years as Mayor and half a term as governor. Both on a state level, not national, and hardly dealing with other countries and the politics of Washington.

As far as dealing with Al-Queda is concerned, they wouldn't listen to her anyways because she's a woman. And OBAMA DOES HAVE MORE FOREIGN EXPERIENCE THAN PALIN. He does, and you can come with all this crap like "she lives in Alaska so she deals with international trade and conflicts everyday." HARDLY! Okay, even if she DID deal with it, that's not national. that's state. Obama served in the senate, both state and US, for an accumulative 11 years, he has much more experience with dealing with foreign affairs than she does!

Besides the fact that McCain is old, he's just like Bush, but that's not the topic we are discussing. I have lots of reasons to vote for Obama besides the fact that McCain is old. But it does make a difference in terms of his VP, because she has a greater chance of assuming office. And that scares me.

You've been to my high school?! When? And so what if you have, what relevance to this argument does that have?!

Choosing Palin has boosted his PR. But you are making this into an argument of whether Palin was a good move for McCain's PR or not, and it most definitely is. But this argument was intended to be that while palin was a good PR move, it sucks for the country if she becomes president. But you were too busy ranting to realize that.

Since this is my last round, I'll close with this.

1. My opponent needs to grow up and stick with the facts instead of getting personal.

2. Palin was a brilliant move on McCain's part PR wise, he snatched the Hilary supporters and got a portion of the ignorant youth who will vote for her because she is "hot".

3.But in terms of experience and her benefit for this country, it was a bad move. She has wonderful experience with oil, and in that aspect she is a good pick. She dealt with ANWR, and can get us to tap into it for oil. But she has only dealt with things on a state level. Not nationally. And that is a scary thought. You can't even start to compare Biden and Palin, because it isn't fair. Biden has been in the US senate for YEARS. And palin only has been governor and mayor.
the_conservative

Con

QUIT CRYING AND SIT DOWN. When did i insult you? "little girl", isn't an insult. Never said that you were not intelligent. Where? I certainly didn't imply it. Never said YOU were bitching. People LIKE ,or similar, to your political views or beliefs.

You dont know me, don't tell me what i have and don't have. I could care less. Maybe if it was in real life, i would be more "polite" but its just a bunch of words on a computer. And if that really affects you that bad than you obviously have no mental toughness. (Don't Cry)

"I'm sorry, but when did this debate become a game of personal attacks?"
- The Democrats are like this to Palin, so why cant we???

Thankyou for trying to tell me what my strategy is, i dont really need a strategy, based on reading your third and final round, i already won.

Im glad that you suddenly NOW know what a convention bounce is, funny how you didnt know that at the beginning of the debate when it was just after the DNC ended...hhmmmmm....?

You arent going to get much foreign policy experience by visiting Paka-whatever-istan when you are in college. Like i said before, how do you not understand that having to deal with Russia and Canada is a large chunk of Foreign Policy?

McCain and Palin have family members in Iraq "OH BIDEN DOES TOO HEHE!!" so what. 2 agaisnt 1. Plus if McCain is in he will let the Generals run the War not the Politicians because he has EXPERIENCE, and Palin will too because she has Family there which will maybe be an eye opener and actually reveal what really needs to be done in order to win

Lol this was great too,"one of the MAIN reasons he picked her is BECAUSE he wants to tap into ANWR".

Oh thats funny, in your other rounds you claimed that the main reason was to get votes from Hilary supporters.

Also, Ansmith, McCain is opposed to drilling ANWR, so get your facts straight, chief.

"Smart strategical move (Palin trying to win over Clintom votes)" Oh you said that this would not help McCain. Right there i should win the debate. And, "bad move for the country." No, just bad for the democrats.

I just quit when you said that the military has obama's vote. Unless its the Air Force, but who cares, i GUARENTEE YOU the Marines on the front line want McCain.

Anyways, Palin is the best choice over Mitt Romney, Pawlenty and Barr, so i won this debate basically, especially after all the times you contradicted yourslef.

1. My opponent needs to open her eyes.

2. My opponent has to quit complaining about personal attacks. Thats how the world is.

3. And AnSmith, my cousin played football at Prattville High School, hes a Senior Now you might know him.

Bye.
Posted by Beginner 3 years ago
Beginner
What a horrible debate. The language and the lack of objectivity are complemented further by rank bias. There needs to be less individuality and more sources. D:
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
oh you say she did damage.....just because he lost
Posted by chaos-king 8 years ago
chaos-king
well I Obama was won. I believe John Mccain would've lost whether or not he picked Sarah Palin. But she did probably do some damage to his campaign.
Posted by kmb708 8 years ago
kmb708
Just 2 "fun facts" that I find interesting about Palin:

1. In efforts to hurt the Republican popular vote "Opposing parties" released risqué pictures of Palin in a bathing suit holding a rather large gun (a semi-automatic weapon if I'm not mistaken). The plan backfired when polls actually increased.

2. In Alaska, you are considered a state resident after having resided there for 1 year (I believe that is the required duration, although laws might have changed since I lived there in 1997). As such, AK residents enjoy annual dividends to every member of their family, typically in the range of about $2k per person (this is completely separate from tax returns). Has anyone else noticed that Palin is somewhat of a baby-making machine?

Palin + husband + 5 children + (her teenager's child) X $2,000= $BANK$
Keep 'em comin' Palin
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
Well i had a substantial lead in this debate before all that garb took place.
Posted by scissorhands7 8 years ago
scissorhands7
I truely despise the CON in this debate for his technique of vote bombing.

Really you both deserve to have absolutely no points because of your terrible debate.
Posted by jurist24 8 years ago
jurist24
So true, aaronr8684. The bickering doesn't accomplish anything.
Posted by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
I'm really torn with this debate. Not because of who's side I'm on, but because both sides were bickering at each other. I hope this isn't the start of a trend on this site, or I guarantee that most of the people won't want to come back.
Posted by my.matryoshka 8 years ago
my.matryoshka
This debate sucked.
Posted by scissorhands7 8 years ago
scissorhands7
jurist, it makes me happy to see someone on this site who votes for who debated the best and not which side agrees with their viewpoints. Thanks for making this site a good place.
Vote Placed by Jamesothy 8 years ago
Jamesothy
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by kkcatlvr 8 years ago
kkcatlvr
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by dmls1120 8 years ago
dmls1120
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by advidiun 8 years ago
advidiun
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by Leftymorgan 8 years ago
Leftymorgan
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by jurist24 8 years ago
jurist24
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by robert.fischer 8 years ago
robert.fischer
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied
Vote Placed by HappilyMarried 8 years ago
HappilyMarried
ANSmiththe_conservativeTied