MysticEgg
TheBigDig

Joke debate: Pure evil...

MysticEgg

MysticEgg

Pro

Welcome everyone!

This is intended to be a light heated and fun debate with no real objective. Each person must select something...from fans to pencils to school subjects...anything really, and make a case to show how it is fluffy as a bunny pure evil! (Pro and Con are not relevant here). The rules are as follows:

1) First round is acceptance only (though my opponent must state the thing s/he has chosen).
2) Sources are not required to validate a point.
3) With the exception of ad homs.; logical fallacies will not be considered fallacies.
4) Debate must be kept light hearted.

Most entertaining wins!

I believe that's all, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to post a comment.
Good luck, and allez!

TheBigDig

Con

I accept your challenge! I am going to be choosing "chewing gum" because it is in fact....pure evil!
MysticEgg

Pro

Well, it would seem that my opponent considers something as petty as chewing gum to be evil. No, no, I will talk about something that is truly evil! I will condemn...

Phone boxes...

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, phone boxes are pure evil! I have infallible evidence to demonstrate this. Observe...

One: No one uses them

Phone boxes are like 3D glasses (and we all hate 3D glasses), no one will use them unless they have to. They are just sitting there, on street corners, useless, lame, run down, forgotten about. This makes them redundant, and yet they are still here, especially in London. Is it just tradition? Well, you might think that, but my evidence suggests otherwise.
As we all know, every single thing we read on the Internet must be The Gospel Truth - the evolution conspiracy, the NWO conspiracy, all those Arks of Noah, all those miracles, every single thing is True!
And I have found several articles suggesting that phone boxes are evil! Therefore, phone boxes are evil. Don't fall for these lies!

Two: They're crime central

Maybe that seems ridiculous to you, this idea that isolated, glass boxes could be criminal masterminds' cup of English tea! Well, does it? DOES IT?! It does seem ridiculous; well that's clearly because you're part of the conspiracy then. Listen up, comrades, we have a problem on our hands, a big one.
Criminals use phone boxes to organise their crimes!
It's true! The television has told us these things time and time again. Sometimes (as seen in Sherlock series one, episode one) they even use phone boxes to lure helpless victims into their evil, evil clutches. And don't give me that but he worked for the government nonsense, that fooled no one!

People, we have criminals using phone boxes - no one else uses phone boxes for anything!
We all have mobiles now - indicating how obvious it is that only criminals use phone boxes anymore.

I'll leave my infallible evidence in my opponent's court, and see how he can compare chewing gum to the pure, selfish, evilality (which is now a word - because I say it is) of phone boxes!!

(Thank to my opponent for accepting; I see it is his first debate, so best of luck to him!)

TheBigDig

Con

TheBigDig forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Pro

Alas, my opponent can provide no counter-evidence to my amazing hub or Truth! He has forfeighted! I extend my amazing contentions and lie in hope of my opponent returning to battle on!

Goodbye, comrades, goodbye! Good debate!

TheBigDig

Con

TheBigDig forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
MysticEggTheBigDigTied
Reasons for voting decision: FFs aren't entertaining.
Vote Placed by Naysayer 3 years ago
Naysayer
MysticEggTheBigDigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.