KennyV13
CaldamanTSP

Jon Jones will defeat Rashad Evans at UFC 145

Started: 2/28/2012 Category: Sports

KennyV13

Pro

As an MMA fan, I hope a fellow fan will challenge me. Please only someone that has knowledge in MMA.

Argument: Jon Jones will defeat Rashad Evans at UFC 145.

First Round Acceptance only
CaldamanTSP

Con

No i believe Rashad evans will come away with the victory as he is the most experienced of the two.

Yes it may se as tho Jon Jones has the upper hand (having better reach and being taller) but Evans is a master of his craft and i believe if he can utilize what he has he can come away with the victory.
KennyV13

Pro

KennyV13 forfeited this round.
CaldamanTSP

Con

Ok well i can see that you are an avid MMA fan but this is why i think rashad will come away with the victory:

Rashad evans spent years under the tutelage of Dan "the beast" Severn. who if you didnt know had 125 MMA fights in his career winning 100, Losing 18, and drawing 7.

When you have been trained by a veteran such as the beast you are surely going to pick up certain ways to defeat every opponent tht you may come against.

I do believe rashad has had 20 fights :S i think and has come away with the victory 18 times and only lost once....

That would appear to show that jon jones has a 15 wins to 1 loss record
And Rashad evans has a 18 wins to 1 loss record, which is the better but only slightly.

but let me take a moment to weigh up his chances....

Rashad evans uses Gaidojutsu,
Gaidojutsu combines techniques from wrestling, kickboxing, judo, basic grappling, brazilian jiu-jitsu and kickboxing.

As i am not aware of jon jones specific techniques i think you will agree that rashad evans commands a very broad repetoire and should be able to cope with anything Jones throws at him.

Of course you cant argue with the results Jones has pulled out but i would personally give Evans the edge.

Dont think im saying Evans will walk all over him because it will be a very close fought bout.... but it think evans just has the edge for me :)

I hope to continue debating with you :)
KennyV13

Pro

We started a new argument (http://www.debate.org...) , due to the fact I did not meet the time limit.

Please Comment UFC Fans, Should be a fun one!
CaldamanTSP

Con

CaldamanTSP forfeited this round.
KennyV13

Pro

KennyV13 forfeited this round.
CaldamanTSP

Con

CaldamanTSP forfeited this round.
KennyV13

Pro

KennyV13 forfeited this round.
CaldamanTSP

Con

CaldamanTSP forfeited this round.
Posted by KennyV13 5 years ago
KennyV13
Ahh Crap, I shouldn't of made this debate at 3am, any way to restart this or I'll re-create it for us? I'm sorry though about missing round 2, was at school.
Posted by GeoLaureate8 5 years ago
GeoLaureate8
Jon Jones is unstoppable. He has destroyed 3 Champions. He already beat Machida who has beat Evans.

This is an unwinnable debate for Con. You should've made this debate about Bendo Edgar a few weeks ago. I called Bendo and he got the belt.
Posted by TUF 5 years ago
TUF
I am a Huge MMA fan. If this were positioned the other way around I would take it. I love rashad evans, but he is obviously the underdog
Posted by Fusionized 5 years ago
Fusionized
As an MMA fan, I find this nearly impossible to argue against. Good luck to whomever accepts the challenge.