clemsongirl5353
slammin

Jonas Brothers Do you like them...First person to accept gets to:)

Con Tied Pro

clemsongirl5353

Con

The new boy band that has stormed America is the Jonas Brothers. What makes these three boys so special? They look just like the ones in school. They sound like girls and do every publicity thing availible. You can't turn on the TV without seeing their names or pictures. Its annoying. Maybe if their face wasn't on every stupid t-shirt or balloon in NYC then i wouldn't be so angry. I know that it is probably their manager that makes them do it, but they are the artist and they can say no if they want to. Do they have to make public appearences on every Disney Channel show immaginable! I mean now they are in a movie and a short series. I remember when they were first discovered on Radio Disney's 'Incubator'. They were 3 brothers that made music for fun, not for the money or the popularity. Thank You!
slammin

Pro

slammin forfeited this round.
clemsongirl5353

Con

clemsongirl5353 forfeited this round.
slammin

Pro

Thank you for starting this debate and I wish you luck!

"What makes these three boys so special?"

They seem like just a regular group of brothers which they are. Many people can relate to them through their songs and family situations.

"They sound like girls and do every publicity thing available."
They don't sound like girls. Girls tend and do have a much higher voice range than the Jonas Brothers. I do not believe they do every public thing available. THey weren't at the Oscars were they? Nope. You don't see them in People magazine every week or US Weekly every issue. They show up sometimes, but for good things.

"You can't turn on the TV without seeing their names or pictures."

I turn on the TV all the time and don't even hear them mentioned. If you watch Disney Channel all the time, then sure. They are a part of Disney. I don't see them on ABC, CNN, or HGTV.

"Its annoying."

Your opinion. I believe that seeing Miley Cyrus in magazines, online, on Disney, and in stores is super annoying. Totally your opinion and it is not backed up with any facts.

"Maybe if their face wasn't on every stupid t-shirt or balloon in NYC then i wouldn't be so angry."

Their faces aren't on "every stupid t-shirt or balloon in NYC." Have you been to NEw York City and seen every single balloon featuring this guy band? I think that Hannah Montana is getting way more publicity than this band. Just think about it...Walmart, Target, Limited Too, Justice, Claire's, and so many other stores adorn their pens and notebooks in Hannah Montana decor. Clothing companies are creating shirts with Miley's head covering it. Don't you think its a little much? I haven't seen one shirt with the Jonas Brothers on it. It doesn't mean that they don't exist, but the situation is being blown way out of proportion.

"I know that it is probably their manager that makes them do it, but they are the artist and they can say no if they want to."

Making them do what? Appear on Disney Channel? Write songs? Maybe they want to follow their dreams and become a famous boy band and that requires being in the public eye.

" Do they have to make public appearences on every Disney Channel show immaginable! I mean now they are in a movie and a short series. "

I haven't seen them on Phineas and Ferb, Phil of the Future, Cory in the House, or The Emperor's New School. Again, it is all about being in the public eye. How does being on a short show and appearing in a movie make them bad? You obviously think they are because you are Con.

"I remember when they were first discovered on Radio Disney's 'Incubator'. They were 3 brothers that made music for fun, not for the money or the popularity. "

They still do make music for fun. This is something they enjoy and what they want to do with their life.

I will close with this. I am implying that since the title of the debate is "The Jonas Brothers," then you are against them. Not their music or fame. That would be a whole other debate. You have provided no evidence that they are bad and why you are against them. YOu don't know them, so how can you really judge them?

Thank you and I await your response. Oh, and sorry for not replying sooner. I have been super busy lately.

~Slammin
clemsongirl5353

Con

Well, this is just a debate of opinons and the people will vote based on their opinons. So i respect your opinon...but you should respect mine too. When i said that they were on every t-shirt and balloon in NYC, it was an exagerastion. I was just playing around. Okay...so there im done...thank you for debating me.
slammin

Pro

"Well, this is just a debate of opinons and the people will vote based on their opinons."

Debate is not based off opinion, but facts instead. Your opinions should be backed up by facts. People are supposed to vote on who provided the better arguments and brought up the best points that were backed up by facts.

"So i respect your opinon...but you should respect mine too."

I respect your opinion too, but I did offer things supporting my side of the debate which is part of what debating is about.

"When i said that they were on every t-shirt and balloon in NYC, it was an exagerastion. I was just playing around. "

Debating is not about providing exaggerations, but rather what I have mentioned before, bringing up points that support your side and back them up with facts, and then refuting points brought up from your opponent and back them up as well.

You have yet to refute any points I have made or brought up any valid points backed up.

"Okay...so there im done...thank you for debating me."

You are very welcome. :)
Posted by silntwaves 7 years ago
silntwaves
Their faces aren't on "every stupid t-shirt or balloon in NYC." Have you been to NEw York City and seen every single balloon featuring this guy band? I think that Hannah Montana is getting way more publicity than this band. Just think about it...Walmart, Target, Limited Too, Justice, Claire's, and so many other stores adorn their pens and notebooks in Hannah Montana decor.

they are now. way more popular now in 2009 that 2008 or when they first started :]]
Posted by silntwaves 7 years ago
silntwaves
slammin! you are so awsome!
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Every1 should vote on who has better facts not on whether you agree with them or not.

therefor I will vote pro.
Posted by slammin 8 years ago
slammin
Yes, I agree. Most people do debate on their personal opinions. Well, you are supposed to vote on who provided the better arguments and debate, not on whose side you agree with. This site is a DEBATING site, not an opinion site, and therefore you should vote on who debated better. It is like in school debates. The class or judging panel votes for whomever provided the better debate, and not whose side they agree with. You may also be assigned a topic and side of debate and in that situation, you have no choice whatsoever. I am just merely stating that debating IS provided points backed up with information and facts. Not just opinions. Thanks for the debate though, and I am not trying to seem mean or like a know-it-all! :) Thanks!!! :)
Posted by clemsongirl5353 8 years ago
clemsongirl5353
Well, golly! If you haven't noticed most people debate because of their personal opinions. Like since i believe in John McCain...obviously im not going to vote on the side who supports Obama or Clinton, even if the Demcratic side provides better facts.
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 6 years ago
Pyromaniac
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by silntwaves 7 years ago
silntwaves
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by chevy10294 8 years ago
chevy10294
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by Tanasia 8 years ago
Tanasia
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by candygirl_s 8 years ago
candygirl_s
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by Asia 8 years ago
Asia
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by cj18 8 years ago
cj18
clemsongirl5353slamminTied
Vote Placed by MaxHayslip 8 years ago
MaxHayslip
clemsongirl5353slamminTied