Joseph Kony 2012 Army
Debate Rounds (3)
I accept this debate and will argue that the Kony 2012 movement is legit and ot government propoganda or a colonization conspiracy like the Con claims
Other than that
You claim that this new movement is not stating the actual facts of what is going on, do you have any evidence for that? The video shows how many people have been abducted, how long its been going on, who is behind it, where it is happening, and what the movement intends to do..... The video hasnt doctored any facts.
The war has indeed been going on for the good part of 30 years, but many people simply did not know who Kony was and what he was doing in Central Africa for all these years. It is thanks to a viral video and a new idea about how to fight dictators that people are now clamoring to give their support to this charity to help. Also the organization donates more than 30% to help, it donates well over 35% and all other expenses go to spreading the word and just giving salaries to those who work for the charity....
Yo umention that the government didnt get involved before because there is no economic interest, well what kind of bullsh*t reason is that for NOT doing this? When the US gave food to Somalia during a drought in the 1990's there wasnt a clear economic interest the US had in Somalia, we went in there for humanitarian reasons, and that is what we are doing right now with Kony 2012, this is purely a humanitarian campaign, why should it be stopped just because the US doesnt benefit economically because of it?
For the record, Kony 2012 does not advocate the US sending thousands of troops into Central Africa to find Kony, the campaign only is rallying public support to encourage the US government to keep the 100 military advisers already over there to STAY over there. Kony 2012 is not preaching an all out war to stop Kony and his organization similar to the one we launched to get Saddam or Osama.
The strategy here is to have the 100 adviser/soldiers to help Uganda and other central African countries have the technological capacity to stop Kony from moving into any new territories and to try to slowly choke-holding him until he is captured or found dead. The way to encourage the US governemtn to not withdraw those advisers is if the people keep reminding the government that this is an important issue, and that is what the Kony 2012 Campaign is doing.
There isnt some kind of conspiracy to colonize Central Africa here, this is basically what happened....
1) Kony started doing all of these despicable things 30 years ago starting in the 1980's
2) The US didnt care at first because under Reagan they were more concerned about their long time enemy Soviet Russia, which was on the verge of collapsing and bringing an end to the cold war
3) Kony continued to do all these terrible things in Central Africa, primarily Uganda at first
4) As time passed America soon became engulfed in a war against terrorism and regional warlords rather than entire countries.
5) At this point a majority of Americans have no idea who Kony is or what he is doing, let alone how to stop him.
6) The Kony Charity starts campaigning to stop Kony years ago, hwoever they werent very popular or well known.
7) Use of the media and sites like Twitter and Facebook are seen to play a role in revolutions in the Middle East such as Egypt and Libya.
8) Kony 2012 comes out with the plan to rely on social media to try to bring down a warlord, something that has been proven to work but still revolutionary at the same time.
9) The video brings awareness to Kony and what he has done, along with where he currently is
10) The video emphasizes US presence in Central Africa to try to fight Kony and how our involvement is in jeopardy since the US government doesnt think that people care.
11) The video becomes famous, people now know that jsut by showing they care about Kony that that is enough to keep the US involved in bringing down a warlord
12) People start showing their support and getting others involved because they can now participate in a humanitarian aid mission without calling for anything drastic
And here we are now, so tell me what is the conspiracy here about why we shouldnt be supporting Kony 2012, a movement that uses technologies shown to bring down warlords, a movement that does NOT ask for the deployment of thousands of troops to fight Kony, and a movement that is acting on humanitarian ideals and not economical incentive?
Cali_D_600 forfeited this round.
Con has forfeited every single one of my arguments
Vote Pro :)
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|
Reasons for voting decision: ff, did not have any good arguments.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.