Aicha
Maimonides

Judaism

Aicha

Con

started this debate not willing to hear any hateful comments, I just want debate with a Jewish to prove my point of view.
In this round we will state what we believe in:
1- I believe in one and only god
2-I believe in prophets including Jesus, Solomon, Joseph, Moses and etc.
3- I believe that the prophet Mohammed was the last prophet sent by god
4- I believe in the holy Quraan and believe that it's the last book sent by god
5- I believe in miracles
6- I believe in the day of judgement
7- I believe in heaven and hell
Maimonides

Pro

This is my very first debate, so I apologize to everyone for my lack of experience.
Here is what I believe:
1 - I believe in one god
2 - I believe in prophets including Moses, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Elijah, and others. (Not jesus)
3 - I do not believe that Mohammed was a prophet.
4 - I do not believe that the Quran was sent by G-d.
5 - I believe in miracles
6 - I believe in Gog u Magog and the Resurrection of the dead.
7 - I believe in heaven and hell (but hell is not eternal in most cases)

This might be irrelevant, but in addition to those beliefs, I believe in everything written in the Tanach (Hebrew Bible) and I believe in the Oral Torah (which is written in the Midrashim and Mishnayot)
I assume that this round was only for stating beliefs.
Aicha

Con

Thank you for accepting my challenge, Maimonides.
But I have some questions if you don't mind answering:
1- Why there isn't any jewish missionaries? Like if Judaism is in fact the truth you guys will have tell more people about it and share your beliefs.
2-And by following the 7 noahide laws will I go to heaven without being a jewish according to Judaism?
3- And should I have the right reasons to convert to Judaism? Why am I not allowed to convert without stating these reasons to the Rabbi?
4- Why converts are treated differently than the people that were jewish since birth or have jewish ancestors?

Recourses : https://m.reddit.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
Maimonides

Pro

1 - Mainly because if one converts to Judaism, they will have to keep all 613 Mitzvot (commandments) like other Jews. It is much easier to be a Noahide who only has 7 laws. Very often, a person will convert and become a Jew, then realize that it is very difficult, but they cannot go back to being a Noahide.
2 - Righteous Noahides go to the heaven of the Noahides. It is not as good as the heaven of the Jews, but that is because their test in this world consists of 7 laws, in comparison to the Jews' 613 laws.
3 - A person should not convert to Judaism for any reason other than because they believe it to be the truth, and they are serious about conversion. The rabbis are very careful not to let bad people convert because their misdeeds bring down the collective spiritual level of the entire Jewish nation. There is a rule that Jews are responsible for the actions of other Jews.
4 - Usually it is because of suspicion or sometimes prejudice. But the rule according to Judaism is that Jews must respect the converts and do everything in their power to help them in any way possible. There is even a rule that Jews are not allowed to say anything negative about the original nation of a convert after 10 generations!

http://m.chabad.org...
Aicha

Con

Thank you for answering my questions:)
In fact I do have more questions to ask:
1- Should jews follow all 613 mitzvot? And if they didn't, will they be punished ?
2- Is it real that converting to Judaism is hard just because jews do not want anyone to enter the same heaven that they are going to enter are they proclaim ?
3- and I have a question that might not be related to our topic but do you believe in Darwin theory?
4- Why are jewish the "Chosen race of God"?
( feel free to ask )
Maimonides

Pro

1 - Some Mitzvot do not apply today, for example, since the Holy Temple in Jerusalem no longer stands, sacrificial offerings are not able to be brought. And there are only 36 sins which have Karet (death at a young age and/or lost share to the world to come) as the punishment. The other sins can be forgiven if one does sincere repentance.
2 - I never heard that before. The only reason why converting is discouraged is because of the possibility that the convert does not keep the Mitzvot. But if they do keep all the Mitzvot, then everyone is happy.
3 - The theory of evolution and the theory that the world is billions of years old have always been considered to be contradictory of Judaism. Neither of the theories were scientifically proven the same way that everything else in science was proven, but if someday it is proven, that's okay, because there is an opinion that the time since Creation started after the sixth day, and the first six days were made much longer. So whether the world is billions of years old or not, it does not contradict the Torah.
4 - The better translation is "Chosen Nation," because being Jewish is like a nationality. You can be born into it or you can become Jewish, the same way that someone can be born an American citizen, or apply for citizenship. Being Jewish is often thought of as a race because it just so happens to also be a race, due to the small number of converts.

And with all due respect, I was I expecting this to be a debate, not a forum page. We can talk all day about the various beliefs of our religions, but none of it matters if we do not prove that it is divine or not. I do not believe that the Quran is from G-d, for the same reason why I do not believe that the "New Testament" is from G-d: It contradicts the Torah! For example:
Quran 11:42-43 says that one of Noah's sons died in the flood, but the Torah says that they all survived.
Quran 28:9 says that the Pharaoh's wife saved Moses, but Exodus 2:5 says that it was the Pharaoh's daughter!
Quran 6:74 says that Avram's father was named Azar, but Genesis 11:26 says that Avram's father's name was Terach.
Quran 2:31 says that G-d told Adam the names of all the animals, but Genesis 2:19 says that Adam chose the names.
Quran 28:6 says that Haman lived in Egypt during Moses' time, but Esther 3:1 says that Haman lived in Persia during King Ahashverosh's time.
Please explain how in a supposed book of G-d, there are human errors. I answered your questions, now please answer mine.
Aicha

Con

I'd be glad to answer your question, the thing is I didn't understand your question. May you please explain it, if you don't mind.
Maimonides

Pro

I listed a few contradictions between the Torah and the Quran. If Book A contradicts Book B, it cannot be from the same author. My point is that the Quran cannot be of divine origin. And here is my question: Do you acknowledge that there are contradictions, and if yes, why do you still believe that the Quran was sent by G-d.
Aicha

Con

As Muslims we completely believe that the Torah and Bible were sent by God all mighty, and we believe that many informations in them were changed or corrupted.
And Allah (god) promised to save Quraan from corruption until the day of judgement, as mentioned in the Quraan verse [15:9] (Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian.)
http://quran.com...
Maimonides

Pro

If the Torah was changed or corrupted, there would be several versions of the Torah, including the original version and a number of corrupted versions.

The rules regarding the writing of a copy of the Torah are extremely strict. If a difference of even one letter is found in a Torah
Scroll, that scroll cannot be used. The vast majority of Jews have the exact same Torah. The exception is the Yemenite Jews who have a difference of 9 letters because they were isolated for almost 2000 years and could not compare their Torah to that of the majority. In comparison, there are thousands of different versions of the New Testament and thousands of different versions of the Quran.

Isaiah 59:21 "As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the Lord. "My spirit, which is upon you and My words that I have placed in your mouth, shall not move from your mouth or from the mouth of your seed and from the mouth of your seed's seed," said the Lord, "from now and to eternity."
Posted by Maimonides 1 year ago
Maimonides
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

There are different ways of reading the same Surrah.
Posted by Aicha 1 year ago
Aicha
These are not versions of the quraan!! Quraan is an one and only book.
- You should've provided your references.
Posted by Maimonides 1 year ago
Maimonides
Not only are there many different translations, but there are even several Arabic versions. For example: Warsh, Qalun, al-Duri, Hafs, and other versions. It's mostly spelling differences, but in many cases it changes the meaning of the word.
Posted by Aicha 1 year ago
Aicha
I just wanted to clarify that there is only one version of the holy quraan.
Posted by Yavneh 1 year ago
Yavneh
Haman in the time of Moshe.... :)
Posted by Aicha 1 year ago
Aicha
Maimonides: Yes, definitely.
Posted by Maimonides 1 year ago
Maimonides
I am a Jew, and I would be interested in this debate. Just to clarify, we are arguing about which religion is divine - Judaism or Islam. Correct?
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
I'm not Jewish, but a Christian, but I would be happy to debate you. There are some points I agree with you, but others I would like to explain.
Posted by talal96 1 year ago
talal96
I am Muslim and I believe of all your points and note that Heavenly religions (Jewish, Christianity and Islam) they are came chronological order.
1-Jewish.
2-Christianity.
3-Islam.
And if you read the Holy Quran you found everything, there is only one God and the acceptable religion for all human being is Islam now.
Posted by Aicha 1 year ago
Aicha
State my point of view.