Judge people by their religion opinion is an hate crime

First round is for acceptance only.

1) No calling names or insulting. I know that it will be hard for you, since that is your first language, but just try.
2) Respect. Just because you don't agree with someone, that doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.
Do you accept?

Well, this all started with my opponent calling me in a commentary a "uneducated religitard" because I said that I believed the Book of Genesis should not be taken literally. According to devient, because God didn't spoke to me verbally, I must be a "religitard" whatever that is. Unfortunately, this happens awfully lots of times, in the web and in the day-a-day. My country, even Pacific about that, also has this troubles time to time. But the internet is full of it. Even a clean environment, like this site, has people doing that. Before I continue, I would like to know why my opponent called me that and if I wasn't the only of the victims of this hate.
Wish you the best luck.

Religitard is a term in the Urban Dictionary. There are a couple definitions, however, here is one: "The term used to describe a religious-retard who is closed to the views and opinions of others, and who also voices their own opinions as fact; whilst committing crimes against human intelligence in the name of religion.

Now the title of the debate is "Judge people by their religion opinion is an hate crime". Besides the obvious grammatical error of the word "an", there is more wrong with that statement . My opponent is claiming that religious opinions deserve respect, but that my opinions do Not deserve respect.

Besides being selfish, my opponent is just wrong. Everybody's opinions are fair game and should be open to criticism. That is the essence of free speech. Freedom of speech was designed to protect people who say things that others do not agree with all the time.

Freedom of speech allows all opinions to be criticized. Lets take a good look at some intellectuals and how they view this subject.

Lets refer to True Scripture :)

BigKids 5:18--The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision and contempt freedom of thought becomes impossible--Salman Rushdie :)

STUDS 9:51--Society bends over backward to be accommodating to religious sensibilities but not to other kinds of sensibilities. If I say something offensive to religious people, I'll be universally censured, including by many atheists. But if I say something insulting about Democrats or Republicans or the Green Party, one is allowed to get away with that. Hiding behind the smoke screen of untouchability is something religions have been allowed to get away with for too long.
-- Richard Dawkins

One thing many religitards do not realize is that humans are equal, Not their ideas, beleifs or opinions. When a child is born, that child is equal, the human is sacred, the human is deserving of respect, Nothing else..Period.

If that human grows up and has the opinion that those who are born with a biological difference in skin color, i.e, black, and believes that black people do Not deserve equal rights, we call that person a racist.

If a human grows up and has the opinion that those who are born with a biological difference in sexuality do Not deserve equal rights , we call that person a bigot.

What needs to be understood, is many religitards feel that their opinions deserve some type of special respect, and that they can just run their mouth about unproven claims and nobody should be allowed to challenge or criticize those claims or as my opponent has wrongfully stated, should be a hate crime.

My opponet has the right to beleive that all the stars and galaxies were created by a universal dictator who drown his own children and who organized a human sacrifice, and I have the right to tell him that he is a lunatic religitard.

If challenging and criticizing religious beliefs really were a hate crime, there would be many intellectuals in jail for speaking their mind and voicing their opinions regarding the childish, and unproven claims made by religitards :)

However, it is Not a hate crime to criticize religious opinions it is freedom of speech. No matter how much my opponent would like to see people convicted of crimes for challenging and criticizing his opinions, we have freedom of speech laws in place to stop the tyranny my opponent wishes to place on the world thru criminalizing words he isnt comfortable with.

If we started charging people with hate crimes because they said something we didint like, there would be no free speech. Crimes deserve to be punished in a court of law, the United States is a free country that does Not prosecute people for their opinions, therefore my opinion that he is a religitard may be uncomfortable to his sensibilities, however it is in no way a hate crime.

If judging people by their religious opinion was a hate crime, the prison system would be severely overcrowded with free thinkers, scientists and other intellectuals who are necessary for the advancement of mankind to a higher standard.

Many humans have judged other people by their religious opinion and have Never been charged with a hate crime. Below you will find these people who openly judged religious beliefs and were never found guilty of a hate crime much to my opponents despair:

"Now, I am absolutely convinced that the main source of hatred in the world is religion and organized religion. Absolutely convinced of that. And I think it should be -- religion -- treated with ridicule, and hatred, and contempt. And I claim that right--Christopher Hitchens :)

In this quote, Christopher is appealing to our sensibilities that religious beliefs should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, I submit to my opponent that no crime was committed in the free speaking that took place by Christopher. Although my opponent may have his feelings hurt, the laws do not censor free speech to protect your feelings :)

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can change this."-- Albert Einstein :)

Here you will notice a very prominent intellectual in our time, Albert Einstein, has judged beliefs in the bible as childish, and the word of god is a product of human weaknesses. My opponent would like you to believe that judging religious beliefs like that is a hate crime, however, my opponent will not enjoy the fruits of his tyranny because again, freedom of speech protected Albert from the punishment of a hate crime for judging religious opinions.

When one person suffers from delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion it is called religion."--Robert M. Pirsig :)

In this quote you will notice that Robert is judging religious beliefs as delusional. This opinion of his was never charged as a hate crime because like Albert, and Christopher in the previous quotes, freedom of speech laws protect Robert Pirsig from the tyranny of prosecution of a hate crime by people like my opponent who claim judging people by their religious opinion is a hate crime.

So as you can see, it is very clear that judging people by their religion is in fact NOT a hate crime, but a wonderful freedom protected and granted to me by the freedom of speech laws :)

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to show him that while he is a religitard according to the definition given by the Urban Dictionary, it is Not a crime to mock, belittle or judge someone by their religious opinion :)

Thanks for sharing what religitard means apparently. :)
Although the term is incorrect for this use, since I'm actually a tolerant person but 1) if you think you are right, good for you but before being sure of something you need to put everything to question, as I did before being a Theistic evolution catholic believer. And even today I compare my beliefs with agnosticism, atheism, creationism, Buddhism, Islamise... to find a path to what I believe is true. To do that, I surely can't say my opinion is bigger than others. I think it is insulting saying that because I said in a debate website what were my point of views I'm an intolerant or even "religitard" person. But saying that someone who says that soon from 3 sentences someone is like that is intolerant itself. But I can be wrong. I barely know you. For all I know you are a tolerant peaceful person who misunderstood my words.
For the title and my arguments, in the error my only defense and I hope you understand is that english is not my first language, so even some terms I use are because I translate from my language and I use the words I know. And the title means more like: "You should not judge and insult people using only the information of they being religious or not.
I hope you forgive this misunderstanding. :)
And I never said your opinions deserve less respect than mine. I'm saying I didn't called you names when you said that the only way to God be real is that He speaks verbally to everyone. And I'm saying also since my liberty Ends when others begins, your liberty also Ends when others, like mine, begins.
And don't say just this is wrong, this is right. In the level of philosophies we are now, its more polite to say that you think its right or you think this is right. Lets respect the simple FACT we can both be wrong right now, OK? :)
And by respect don't call the " Real scriptures" to any document. Even the Bible, Tora, Coran... Be respectful as I think I'm being to you.
I know all humans are equal and there's no reason to say a person who believes in a religions which says exactly that is against that fact. I say my opinion should be criticized but also respected. And you can't say you did it.
And I believe your opinion should be criticized and respected. And this is just your opinion being criticized.
Free speech? I believe in that as much someone can. Using it without respecting the free speech of others? Not so much, sorry. Freedom doesn't mean anarchy.
Ridiculous? Childish? I respect the work of Einstein very much but I'm against that. Just because you don't get us, our opinions are just as valid as our. You accuse me of what your examples did.
There is also tyranny there. In that judgement.

Your message here is: "Since you think different than me, you should be insane"

And I can say why religion can be positive. From Benjamin Franklin:
"If men are so wicked with religion with religion what would they be if without it?"
You can't say religion didn't helped the path of men. Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, Madre Teresa and I can continue. Why take religion away when it helps us finding good in ourselves?

Hope to be understood,

The debate at hand is whether judging people by their religion opinion is a hate crime. It clearly is Not a hate crime. Changing the scope of the debate, regardless of your inability to comprehend English is Not my problem.

If you win this debate, it will only further prove, evidence is Not important to winning debates.

You like Benjamin Franklin, well chew on this : "I have found christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." --- Benjamin Franklin :)

Dont even get me started on mother teresa, she was a pathetic example of what a human should be. She encouraged suffering. If you want to know the truth about her, then watch the short documentary "mother teresa: Hells angel by Christopher Hitchens on YouTube.

Nobody is saying that religous beliefs dont make people feel good. Whiskey makes people feel good, MDMA makes people feel good, however, whiskey and MDMA are NOt necessary or in the best interests of children.

The facts of evolution contradict the book of filth called the bible. The bible says that todays humans are the result of incestuous relations between cain and abel with their sisters.

That is a claim with no evidence. You can believe in the bible and evolution if you want, but you are nO smarter than the person who believes that water is H20 and H30 :)

You worship a celestial dictator who drown his own children in the greatest act of genocide by flood in story telling history and who organized a human sacrifice because of a fictitious eating incident in an unproven magical garden.

This debate is Not about the ridiculous and unproven claims of christianity, it is about whether or not judging people by their religion is a hate crime.

So show your evidence that it is a hate crime or forfeit this debate and choose another topic.

Humans are equal, and humans deserve respect Not their beliefs. Your filthy catholic cult believes that children born with differences in sexulity are an abominsation.

We have some good reasons to believe that some of the differences between identical twins are caused by differences in epigenetics.

Literally "on-top-of-genetics", epigenetics refers to the biological effects that regulate which genes are turned on and off at what place in time, and in our bodies.

They study the biological basis of sexual orientation in the lab at the David Geffen School of Medicine, at the University of California, Los Angeles, study of 'epi-marks' in epigenetics:

"If epi-marks that direct sexual development are not erased correctly, a mother could pass down epi-marks that direct female development to her son, resulting in an attraction to men, and vice versa for a father and his daughters."--David Geffen :)

Thats why humans deserve respect, not their ideas, no matter how "holy" those ideas.

Religion may have a shield of humility that protects it from criticism, but if youre like me, and you kick that shield aside, it will expose a very soft intellect :)

You have every right to believe that the universe is under the watchful eye of a universal dictator who wants women to shut up in church, and I have the right to judge you as a worshipper of a fictional sexist!

Now lets get to some True Scripture while you figure out how to prove judging people by their religious beliefs is a hate crime.

BigKids 7:42--The way to deal with superstition is NOT to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous--H.L Mencken :)

DUH 9:23--You dont need religion to have morals. If you dont know right from wrong, you lack empathy, Not religion :)

Wizards 7:2--Even though the idea that there is a magic man who can solve all your problems for you is a nice thought, once you see behind the curtain, you realize you have to solve all your problems yourself :)

Truth 2:1--We need science, we dont need religion. If you dont believe me, when youre choking would you rather I ran over bent down and prayed, or used the scientific advancement called the Heimlich maneuver? Which would be more of a loss for mankind, all the religious books or all the science books? Which is more important to mankind? Liars say religion, and liars practice religion :)

IDIOTS 6:13--Allegories, parables, opinions, apologies, metaphors, interpretations and excuses, these are the ingredients of the religious mind :)

Inept 5:55--Logic, reason, evidence, critical thinking and facts are religions natural enemies :)

Now you are experiencing whats called ridicule. Ridicule is a form of free speech.

Humans deserve respect, Not their beliefs. I will say it a 1,000 times until you get it. If someone believes in denying humans equal rights, that humans wishes to deny someone does Not deserve respect. Get that thru your brainwashed head!

If a human is born gay, he has equal rights to marriage, your catholic cult is against equal rights for gay children. Your catholic cult doesnt think gay children deserve to be in love with who they want.

Brainwashed and delusional are Not insults, even though they work fine as insults, they are an unfortunate diagnosis for ALL RELIGIONS.

Just because christians retired from extreme violence, doesnt make them less delusional, it makes them less committed to their religious roots :)

If you read the bible and dont see the filth, donate your eyes to scientific research, they dont work :)

When people place more emphasis on growing up instead of being born again, then the planet is on the right track :)

First of all. Rule 2 of 2 of the debate which you said you accepted:
Respect. Just because you don't agree with someone, that doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.
So, don't call ANY belief filthy. I'm treating you with all the respect I'm able to show to someone with your disrespectful ways.
Well, unfortunately for me and billions of people the english language is the language of internationalism. I'm sorry I'm not as good at it as a person who has taught since birth in that language.

Well, lets call it a Franklin tie?

Well, Madre Teresa devoted her life to help people. I'm sure History will forgive her. Well, if going to a poor country help the less fortunate is a pathetic way to live, that explains a lot why the world is like this. :)

It isn't feel good. It is doing good things. Although religion also can make you feel good, it makes you a good person when Well understood. Narcotics don't. Thousands of missionaries follow what they feel being the Word of God to jungles, to poor countries, abandoning all comforts, because of religion.

Well, lets just remember that YOU called me religitard, insane, childish as other religious people after I said that I believed in Theistic Evolution. I believe the world wasn't created 6000 years ago in 7 days! The 7 days are to honor the Sabbath!
Well, you can debate why you insult people, but you are not better than a simple anti-semitic is polite for jewish people.
The God I pray is a God of Peace, as it is in the New Testament. A God who gave us His own only Son to redemption of mankind.

Well, you brought that into subject.
Ok, do you know insulting people in public in many countries is a crime?
I'm not talking about important figures. If I have proofs that you insulted me openly I can charge you. And I'm not talking about America, were we can charge the State by falling in the street. European countries, for example.
Well, not all catholics are what you say, and your hate on us makes you blind. Many catholic people, as me and many of the people I know and even the Pope have no problem with gay people. If you paid attention to that, you would know how foolish that is.
Well, I support the atheistic fight to the right of not believing, but its a SHAME that fight is not more for equality are harmony but to make everyone else inferior. Has women aren't better than men, african-American better than caucasian, jewish people aren't better than germans, atheists aren't also better than religious.
You even read the Word respect? Do you need a dictionary? I spent half my words begging you to respect!
When the ones who were attacked turn against the attacker, all their dignity is lost.

The bible is a collection of filth, too bad, get over it, killing children and ripping pregnant women open is disgusting filth. If you support dashing children to the ground and ripping pregnant women open as an acceptable action, you are defending filth.

If something is disgusting, like the KKK who is racist, and I call racism filthy, too bad for the KKK, if they dont want to be labeled filthy, then they should quit being racist.
If you dont like being labeled for worshipping a filthy god, then quit worshipping a god that killed women and children.

hosea 13:16

The people of samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their god.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open

There is no excuse to kill children, so if you want to worship that type of god, you should know that killing children is filthy and disgusting.

numbers 15:32-36

32 And while the children of israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto moses and aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the lord said unto moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the lord commanded moses.

So you worship a god that commanded a man be stoned to death for picking up sticks on the wrong day? Tha is cruel and unusual punishment. A death sentence for that is filthy, you worship a filthy god.

I dont have to respect people who worship a supernatural being that killed men, women and children because killing people is wrong.

1 corinthians 14:34-35
The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.

Slavery is disgusting. I dont have to respect slavery, its a filthy practice. Shame on you for supporting a god that allowed slavery!

If someones religious beliefs promote slavery and killing, why should I respect killing people? I dont have to respect killing people and just because you do respect a god who kills just makes you a filthy god worshipper.

Is killing children acceptable to you? If Not why worship a god who thinks its ok?

Is ripping pregnant women open ever the right answer? If not ,then why worship a god that rips them open?

Is owning another human as a slave acceptable to you? If Not then why worship a god who thinks slavery is ok?

Humans are equal, Not ideas. What is so hard to understand about that?

When a child is born, the child deserves equal rights. Religion says that child doesnt deserve equal rights if they are born gay, that is bigotry.

If you think gays are equal, then why worship a god who thinks that gay actions are an abomination?

Bigotry is filthy!

Instead of being born again grow up.

Quit making excuses, if you can speak the language, dont have debates its that simple.

How dare you expect me to respect beliefs that condone killing people, killing people is disgusting!

Your god ordered people killed, if you accept killing humans, you are filthy.

Any human who supports killing children is filthy, do you agree or do you think supporting killing children is good?

Well, I think there's no point losing time and words asking you to be respectful so I'm going to admit that it is just impossible to you to respect anyone else but yourself.
Well, in the words of the great artist with a sad life "I believe more and more that we shouldn't judge the Good Lord for this world, since it was the study of Him which came wrong" by Vincent Van Gogh. And please don't play the crazy card...

You call God a dictator on the Sky, a Big Brother who demands to kill children, pregnant women to please Him, but why would such a God say this words:
Mathews 5:44
But I say:Love your enemies and pray for the ones who stock you
Judas 1:2
Mercy, peace and love be multiplied for you.

I could keep going, but I have to say that I think in the Bible there is the Word of God but that the Word of God it's not just there and that some of the texts of the Bible aren't the Word of God but the History of His people, who as everybody, even me, sometimes misunderstood God. The New Testament shows us a God of love, peace, harmony. A God that gave His children His love. You say God is bad based on the Old Testament, where people who hate blindly go get their arguments. Separated and only showed that one, God looks bad. But together, it shows redemption.
That Jesus lived, that's a fact. That there was a man from the Palestine who changed the way man looked at God, from a dictator demanding the blood of His enemies to a Father who loved His Children, that's a fact. But we don't know if He was a Son of God, that's what you choose to believe or not.
Of course human are all equal. But doesn't the sun shine to killers? Don't killers see rainbows? God looks for redemption and not revenge. And I think its a good example we should follow. Nobody is a saint. Nobody is a devil. As long as we regret our evil and get proud of our good, I believe God will accept us.

Well, you are calling me a religitard, killer, racist, sexist, bigot using only the fact that I believe in God. That is just bad and I'm just saying it should be a way to punish, even that morally. I'm not here to convert, but only to make realise that you say all humans are equal, but some don't deserve respect. Hope you understand. Peace and Love.

devient.genie forfeited this round.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
mig mau, if someone believes that the earth is flat they are stupid. That is a fact, we have evidence it is a sphere, the Flat Earth Society is stupid and look them up they are real.

Believing that humans populated the earth because of incest between cain and abel with their sisters is stupid because we have evidence of evolution.

Its Not me you dont agree with, its the evidence you dont agree with!

I follow the evidence you do Not, you disregard evidence!

We have facts to back up that life evolved on this planet over billions of years. Evolution is a basic tenet of all biology!

Geology is the study that shows us that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows us a fossil sequence, the list of species representing changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the EXPLANATION that threads it all together! Creationism is the practice of squeezing your eyes shut, stomping your feet crying, "Does Not!"
Posted by MigMau 3 years ago
Why am I a religitard when it is you who call me stupid for believing another thing than you?
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
just-rocks-in-your-brain, show me where I said I wanted proof I called him a religitard? I never asked him to show me proof I called him a religitard, I already know I called him a religitard.

Humans are equal NOT ideas.

Let that resonate! Humans are born equal, their ideas are NOT equal!

Just because someone thinks the earth is flat, like the flat earth society that is alive and well today, their ideas DO NOT DESERVE RESPECT!

Idiotic ideas deserve ridicule!

Mickey Mouse mig mau may be a good person, but his idea that the universe was created by an admittedly jealous bully who commanded a death sentence for working on the wrong day of the week is insane ridiculous!
Posted by MigMau 3 years ago
"Pray for your enemies" is no word of a God of blood.
Posted by Justinrocks 3 years ago
alright deviant you said you wanted proof you called MigMau a riligitartdj, well I have read your debate and you may find this familiar:My opponet has the right to beleive that all the stars and galaxies were created by a universal dictator who drown his own children and who organized a human sacrifice, and I have the right to tell him that he is a lunatic religitard.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Whenever youre ready to show me where I said that everyone who believes in a god is a bigot, racist, sexist and killer, I'll be waiting.

Until you show proof of your claim, it is nothing more than another one of your selfish insecurities seeing what isnt there, the definition of delusional :)
Posted by MigMau 3 years ago
Read your arguments. And since you like the Urban Dictionary, if I'm a religitard, you most surely are a atheitard, but I prefer to respect you. Pray for your enemies. Peaceful discussions will help, not angry ones.
Peace, MigMau
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
bigmaucrybabay, says: The arguments that he presented were mostly saying that everyone who believed in God is a bigot, sexist, racist and killer

Now show me where I said that everyone who believes in a god is a bigot, racist, sexist and killer.

You cant show me that anymore than you can show me a 200 leaf clover with red dots :)
Posted by MigMau 3 years ago
Greematthew, my brain cells aren't in good health either...
Thanks for the votes in better conduct and reliable sources.

KingDebater, thanks for making my really difficult to keep calm a good argument itself.
Well, as I explained English isn't my first language, I try my best but I agree that in that point I'm always in a bad point. Well... The arguments that he presented were mostly saying that everyone who believed in God is a bigot, sexist, racist and killer. Hope that you don't agree with that part of his speech, which was really the one I was fighting and I didn't refute some because I was only debating like civilized people.

Thanks for voting and even if I lose, I will know that I must fight against those who talk like him. Not against atheists and other religions, but against the way of debating. Peace on Earth, MigMau
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Just like what Greemathew said. :(
Vote Placed by Greematthew 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This debate made my brain cells cry for mercy.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to pro because con forfeited, spelling and grammar to con because of the two grammatical mistakes in the title and arguments to con because he had some arguments that pro never refuted.