ilee24
Addison98

Julian Assange should be freed from his charges

Addison98

ilee24

Pro

Round 1 is for accepting the debate.
please follow all rules
1: be open minded
2: have a basic knowledge on the topic
3: good luck
Addison98

Con

I accept. I look forward to seeing where this leads.
ilee24

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate but before I get into my opening statement I would like to come out and say the chargers I am talking about are his hacking and releasing of private data not his rape charges. Lets get started

Julian Assange has been called a lot of names like traitor and whistle blower but he did what he had to do to show the world the corruption and scandals that was going on in this world and destroying the top 1% of the top 1%. He got shamed later in his life by some powerful people and is now currently living out his life in the Ecuador embassy in London, England. Julian Assange started what was known as the technological revolution when he was 17 living in Thornbury Melbourne and went by the name Mendax, with his two friends hacked in to Milnet and saw the proof of America killing an innocent orphanage killing women and children but got arrested before he could release anything but later came back and proved his theory https://wikileaks.org...

Thank you and good luck.
Addison98

Con

Yes, it was great that he was trying to expose what America was doing to innocent people. However, whether his intentions were good or bad, he broke the law. By hacking into Milnet, he broke at least one law against computer hacking. So should his charges really be erased? Well no.
If a man breaks into your house because he thinks you have illegal drugs, and finds drugs, does that mean he shouldn't be in trouble for breaking into your house? Of course he should be in trouble.

In the eyes of the law, whether Julian brought justice or not, he has broken the law and therefore shall be punished.

What Julian should've done was first go to the police, tell them he has reason to believe America is killing innocent people and then offer that he can hack into Milnet and prove it. Then the police are aware of the situation before he does anything and they can decide where to go with it from there.

Thank you and good luck to you too.
ilee24

Pro

ilee24 forfeited this round.
Addison98

Con

My opponent has forfeited the round. I'm going to give him/her the benefit of doubt and assume s/he got busy. Hopefully you'll be able to make a response in the final round.
ilee24

Pro

ilee24 forfeited this round.
Addison98

Con

I was hoping for a better debate.
Posted by KingDerekx 2 years ago
KingDerekx
I mean I think it's pretty clear, vigilante justice like what Assange did can be helpful but that does not make it legal. If you free Assange of his charges then you set a precedent that causes anyone to become a vigilante and get away with it. Like all vigilantes, Assange should understand that while what he did may feel right to him it is still not legal and so he must face the consequences of his actions. It's a risk he knew he was taking when he decided to do what he did. Why should he be excused for it? If I beat up someone to near death until I get some kind of confession out of them and then tell the cops he confessed to me, what do you think is going to happen to me? I go to jail for assault and that confession is thrown out because it was obtained illegally.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
ilee24Addison98Tied