ZenoOfElea
Mr.Speaker

Julius Caesar was a more popular dictator then Adolf Hitler

ZenoOfElea

Pro

Hello to my Worthy Opponent in this engaging debate. This first round is for appetence, this topic is best explained did the people in the Roman Empire Praise Julius Caesar then The Germans did with Adolf Hitler. Best of luck to my Opponent.
-Zeno Of Elea
Mr.Speaker

Con

Greetings,

This is a unique resolution because it concerns an uncommon comparison. I look forward to the debate.

Thanks,

- Mr. Speaker
ZenoOfElea

Pro

Born July 12, 100 B.C. Julius Caesar was a natural General, Statesman, and eventually Dictator. Caesar may have never taken the title Emperor but he still held all the power of Rome, especially over the Military, which he invested heavily in. With his Loyal soldiers who laid their lives down for Caesar and Rome, Caesar conquered many territories including the Governing Ship of Gaul.
On the other hand you have Adolf Hitler who was the "Spokesperson" for the German Nazi party. Hitler may have aimed the gun, however it was up to others to pull the trigger.
Mr.Speaker

Con

I. Introduction.

I must apologize in advance for this hurried response. Life has been extraordinarily busy lately.
But I will have more time in further rounds to ratiocinate and thereby produce better arguments and rebuttals.

II. Definitions.

This debate revolves around the criterion "popular".

While seemingly obvious, "popular" is defined as:

"[Liked], admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group" [1]

Thus, the question of this debates is quantitative. Who had more admirers: Caesar or Hitler?

III. Arguments.

Contention #1:

There is no definitive way of historically proving whether Caesar or Hitler was more popular than the other. This is due primarily to the lack of primary sources with which to compare the popularity of both leaders. For instance, while it is generally known that Caesar was admired my many Romans, there is no definitive data on the number of admirers. We also know that Caesar was opposed my many Romans as well, especially since a few of them assassinated him.

Likewise, while Hitler was popular among the Nazi Germans, there is no definitive data on popular support. Similarly, many opposed Hitler. Most notable is Dietrich Bonhoeffer who conspired to assassinate the Fuhrer several (unsuccessful) times. Albert Einstein opposed Hitler too, but fled to the United States instead.

Thus, Pro cannot prove who was more popular.

[1] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
ZenoOfElea

Pro

ZenoOfElea forfeited this round.
Mr.Speaker

Con

Well, I guess I deserve to win by default now because my opponent forfeited.
ZenoOfElea

Pro

ZenoOfElea forfeited this round.
Mr.Speaker

Con

Mr.Speaker forfeited this round.
ZenoOfElea

Pro

ZenoOfElea forfeited this round.
Mr.Speaker

Con

Mr.Speaker forfeited this round.