EHT-Ink
NY-noah

Junk Food in Schools

NY-noah

EHT-Ink

Con

That junk food should not be served in schools my opponent is open to interpret the specifics of this statement or plan
NY-noah

Pro

Junk food is fine to serve in schools just as long as kids watch more what they are eating, and be responsible. It's there choice to choose one junkier thing over a less junky thing, just as long as they have some healthy things, it will be fine.
EHT-Ink

Con

MY opponent says that people in schools are responsible for them selves at these children have very little common sense at a young age and teachers are supposed to teach if they provide junk food then this is showing in a child that this is ok. also any child who resists can then conform to pure pressure, Junk food also has chemicals that make you crave the product. Schools are for teaching what is right and in America we do not leave people to fend for them selves at such a young age.
NY-noah

Pro

Where is your proof? Also, I am not saying that all of the food in Schools should be junk food, I am merely saying that a small fraction of it can be. I think that once and a while having something unhealthy isn't bad. If the kids have a healthy overall diet, it is fine to have a snack after lunch, and it can also be used as a reward. For example, if a student is doing well in class, they might get an extra cookie to reward them for their hard work. Things like that help motivate kids very well, and is healthy for their ego.
EHT-Ink

Con

MY opponent says that I need proof but he does not say were or why for most of my argument is common sense but if he is talking about the ingredients in food that make it addictive I can provide http://www.truthinlabeling.org... and for MSG effects http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com... and my opponent says that only a small amount needs to be provided this while going off topic I will combat this. Due to Junk foods addictive and pleasurable effects make it so that any food Junk food eaten will become a habit and then brought in to the home and like I said before any Junk food in a place of learning can influence and or contradict the teachings of one more teachers as well as changing the opinions of the product in the child's mind
NY-noah

Pro

My opponent says that I did not state where or why he needed evidence, and I think it is necessary for all of his information. Also, to counter junk food being addictive, the teachers can control how much junk food students eat at SCHOOL, but they can't control how much junk food they eat at HOME. That part is up to the parent/guardian of the child. According to http://www.healthyschoollunches.org... school lunches country-wide have improved immensely since 2004, where the US seemed to be on the "wrong side" of the battle for obesity. Also, I am not going off topic when I say that there should only be a small amount of junk food in schools, because that is my main argument, and we are arguing about junk food in general, not every meal. I have countered everything that my opponent has said, and that is why I believe the judges should look over my evidence as not being countered.
Posted by EHT-Ink 6 years ago
EHT-Ink
also we are just 7th graders so this isnt goin gto be spectacular
Posted by EHT-Ink 6 years ago
EHT-Ink
we had a little mix up in the pro con thing so just imagine that I am Pro and NY-noah is con
Vote Placed by EHT-Ink 6 years ago
EHT-Ink
EHT-InkNY-noahTied
Reasons for voting decision: because pro helped con in his last statement about teachers not controling food at home and pro cant make a new argument
Vote Placed by NY-noah 6 years ago
NY-noah
EHT-InkNY-noahTied
Vote Placed by MrCarroll 6 years ago
MrCarroll
EHT-InkNY-noahTied
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
EHT-InkNY-noahTied