KingofTheSkullServants
FreedomRings

Just because you have an opinion, that doesn't mean you're immune to criticism.

FreedomRings has forfeited round #2.

KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

After looking at a lot of videos on YouTube, I've noticed that people use the phrase "This is my opinion", being thrown pretty much everywhere, implying that it shields them from something. This debate is here to see if someone thinks opinions actually do shield you from criticism, and whether or not they can back up their claim.

And now, my points.

Opinions, everyone has them, but that doesn't mean much outside of that. Just because you have an opinion, that doesn't mean you're more likely to be criticized than the person nearest to you. Everyone is not blocked by others opinions and/or criticism just because they have an opinion. If someone doesn't take in opinions, then that just means they refuse to get better, or to open up. Or it just means that they're stubborn as all, but whatever.
FreedomRings

Con

Im only accepting this just so I can save your brain cells this person is 100% if you say something retarded dont think you wont be called stupid. You are 100% open to criticism and you are retarded if you think otherwise.
KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

First off, can you try and make a little bit of sense in the next round. I understand the second sentence, but the run-off sentence that is the first sentence is hard to understand.

Also, you're agreeing with me. By saying you are retarded if you think otherwise, you're adding on to what I'm saying. Need I remind you that you are trying to show that opinions do shield you from criticism. If that's not the case for you, then why did you accept this. If you agree with me, you should have left that in the comments, and not accept the debate.