jessij
Waater

Just for fun: Zombies or Vampires?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

jessij

Pro

I'm bored and just finished watching 30 Days Of Night: Dark Days. So, zombie apocalypse or vampire takeover?
I'd rather be in a zombie apocalypse. They're generally slower, dumber and easier to kill than vampires.
Waater

Con

Thank you for the debate.

Since no specific vampire is outlined by my opponent, I am not limited to any one "kind" of vampire.
All variations of vampires are acceptable.

I'll turn it over to Pro, and let my opponent give reasons as to why they think a zombie apocalypse is favored over a vampire takeover.
jessij

Pro

All variations of vampire are acceptable, except Twilight vampires. They're not vampires, they're fairies.

I would rather be in a zombie apocalypse for a few reasons.
Although zombies do not have a deterrence to sunlight as most vampires do, they are typically slower and dumber, and easier to kill. For example, shoot one in the head a few times, and he's dead for good. The exception to this rule would be, say, RE: Afterlife's Axeman. Vampires on the other hand, are faster, smarter, and much stronger than humans. Good luck jamming a piece of wood through one's chest cavity.

Back to you, Con.
Waater

Con

Firstly, vampires aren't that hard to kill. All you need is some light, a cross, or a pointy stick. Compare that to zombies, with which you'd need to decapitate or shoot in the head. Zombies are everywhere all the time, not once taking a break or tiring. Vampires have a bedtime. During the day, they're completely vulnerable in their wooden coffins. Not so hard to jab a stake now, is it?

While zombies don't talk or experience any feeling, we can at least communicate and reason with vampires. They're not completely souless monsters, unlike zombies who don't care what they're doing.Some, like Brad Pitt in an Interview With a Vampire, still value the sanctity of human life and settle for eating things like rats. So if there were some vampire takeover, we could count on a few vampires(Blade, anyone?) fighting alongside the humans.

Let's say you're bitten by a zombie. That's it for you, no semblance of humanity left while you now live your life trying to eat what you once were. That sucks, I think we can all agree. Now, if it were a vampire who bit you, there is literally no downside to that. You're basically human, except now you have an assortment of awesome powers, can still enjoy human pleasures(sex, anyone?), and get to do that forever. Sure you have to eat a few rats or raccoons here and there, but that's really no big deal because you're a vampire now.

Clearly, vampires are a better way to go out, when compared to zombies. Your move, Pro.
jessij

Pro

jessij forfeited this round.
Waater

Con

Waater forfeited this round.
jessij

Pro

jessij forfeited this round.
Waater

Con

Waater forfeited this round.
jessij

Pro

jessij forfeited this round.
Waater

Con

Waater forfeited this round.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
So long for Waater.
Posted by Waater 5 years ago
Waater
That's great, guy. Leave me alone now.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Frankly, Waater, you've got to be one of the most annoying and prideful member I've seen yet. We get it as well. I predict you'll just be another Izbo10 for this website...
Posted by Waater 5 years ago
Waater
Quiet down, Man-is-good. We get it. You're annoying.
Posted by Waater 5 years ago
Waater
Tv, they don't stand out in the vampire community. And they bend the rules of being a vampire in a big way.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Sorry, Pro, you got yourself a bad opponent to argue with.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Waater, I'm glad to see that you "don't know how to respond to that". Now, perhaps, you may stop attacking me and focus on giving a real argument.
Posted by tvellalott 5 years ago
tvellalott
There is a lot of hate going towards the Twilight vampires in this thread, which I don't understand. Those vampires were hella powerful.
Posted by tvellalott 5 years ago
tvellalott
http://www.debate.org...
I already did this debate and I think I won it, or at least argued well for the side of zombies.
Posted by Waater 5 years ago
Waater
Uh, I don't know how to respond that...
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
jessijWaaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)