lemontreecmta
Original_Dapper

Justice for the world in the future is achievable

lemontreecmta

Pro

Time to argue: 48 hours. Voting Period: 2 weeks. Round 1 for acceptance only. No new arguments are presented in the final round.

I really look forward to debating. Thank you for accepting my challenge.
Original_Dapper

Con

Justice in the world is not achievable every government in the world would be required to cooperate. Every government would have to be committed to international humanitarian law to ensure the fair treatment of peoples everywhere. Justice is also a term that may be interpreted in different ways by different people. in my opinion, justice includes the gap between rich and poor, the vulnerability of people to abuse, violence, occupation, exclusion, disease, starvation, issues of race and the creation of ghettos as well as corrupt governments. Capitalist economies such as that of the U.S. will not allow for a gap between the rich and poor because the people are driven by a desire to become part of the rich and leave the poor behind or bring up as many as possible. As soon as that drive is gone, there is no drive for citizens. Other issues such as abuse and violence has been around for ever and there has been and always will be criminals and as long as there are criminals, there will be crime. And as long as there is crime, there will be a lack of justice. When someone is victimized, the criminal may be "put to justice" as we say, but that person's sense of security is forever marred and that will never be returned. That is a lack of justice humanity has no control over, but it still exists. May some forms of justice be extinguished? Possibly. But will all forms of it cease to exist? Never.
lemontreecmta

Pro

I am sorry but I don't think I can debate with you now. I have quite lots of work going on. Sorry for my forfeit.
Original_Dapper

Con

I understand. I look forward to possibly debating with you in the future.
lemontreecmta

Pro

lemontreecmta forfeited this round.
Original_Dapper

Con

Original_Dapper forfeited this round.
lemontreecmta

Pro

lemontreecmta forfeited this round.
Original_Dapper

Con

Original_Dapper forfeited this round.
Posted by lemontreecmta 5 years ago
lemontreecmta
Yep the scale is the world. I am sorry for the topic's ambiguity.
Posted by Original_Dapper 5 years ago
Original_Dapper
What do you mean "Justice is achievable?" That was very vague. I may accept if you elaborate.
Posted by MrCarroll 5 years ago
MrCarroll
As in, a world that is entirely just is achievable?