QueenChipotle
Pickle-Face18

Justin Bieber does deserve the hate he gets.

QueenChipotle
Started: 2/12/2014 Category: Music

QueenChipotle

Con

In my opinion, Justin Bieber doesn't deserve any of the hate he gets at all. After all, he's human and nobody has enough access to his personal life to make a judgment on him. To my future opponent: thank you for joining my debate; it's a real honor since this would be my first debate. To voters: Solemnly vote for who you think won the debate, not for your personal beliefs/opinions; only for who provided the rock hard evidence. Back to my opponent: I'm ready. Bring on the war.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

Justin Bieber may be a human being, and humans make mistakes, but it's not true that "Justin Bieber doesn't deserve ANY of the hate he gets". He deserves some of it. He's made some really poor choices. There have been numerous cases where Justin has spat on his fans, shown up late to his concerts, peed in mop buckets in restaurant kitchens, drove recklessly through residential neighbourhoods; he's certainly not an appropriate idol for millions of youth to have. And of course he deserves a lot of the hate he gets; he made those choices himself, didn't he?
http://distractify.com...
This website has multiple reasons that prove why I believe Justin Bieber DOES deserve most of his hate; with pictures to go along with them. There's your proof.
QueenChipotle

Con

Thank you for this debate. You're kind of going against yourself with this because you said he doesn't deserve all of it but he does deserve some of it. The question was does Justin Bieber deserve the hate he gets; you can't say he just deserves some of it. The website you linked me to showed photos with a specific event attached to it. Most of these photos just are pictures that aren't exactly linked to the scenario; for an example, there's a picture that stated that Justin snubbed a fan who raised $7,000 for cancer just to meet him. The photo only displayed the fan; there was no hardcore proof behind it; you could easily link a photo with false stories. Some of the stories we hear about Justin aren't true; some of them are. We can't identify which ones are real or not. We're oblivious to what goes on in his life; that being said, we shouldn't give him hate. I get that Justin messed up really badly (who pees in a bucket?) but hating him never helps. If the tables were turned, how would you feel if someone told you that you should murder yourself for the mistakes you've made? Or that you should never be in a certain country due to the mistakes you made there? Granting hate has never helped anyone; you're motivated to do better (a little) but you might feel like crap. Then, at the end, you said he does deserve the hate because he's the one who made those decisions. Everyone, every single day, makes a mistake. The only difference is that we know about his mistakes but how quick are we to point out our faults? Not hasty at all. Justin makes mistakes, he screwed up, he FUCKED up badly but that doesn't give us any right to treat him like that. Justin has done good things as well as bad.
Here's the charities he's apart of: https://www.looktothestars.org...
Here's the video of him performing for those affected by the typhoon: https://www.looktothestars.org...
Here's two videos of Justin help build a school in Guatemala: https://www.looktothestars.org... & https://www.youtube.com...

Justin was said to spit on his fan yet there are many articles going around saying that when he spit, the fans were no where near the balcony. They just linked a photo of him spitting down a balcony, a fan crying and him pointing with a smile. That was pretty creative except it didn't happen like that. He did spit down a balcony but not on a fan. The fan was crying because she was excited to see him. He was pointing with a smile on his face because he loves his Beliebers.

Justin showing up late to his concerts doesn't make eligible for hate. People are late all the time. If someone shows up late for class, we don't bash them. Being late is humane; is that a reason to give someone hate? I understand a "what the hell, Justin?" along with constructive criticism but not hate.

Another thing, you said Justin was recklessly driving through a neighborhood. I want to see visual proof (a video, maybe) of Justin driving recklessly through neighborhoods and not a picture of him chilling in a car. There's lies going around about celebrities all the time; it's nothing new.

But hey, I can be defending Justin for no reason; maybe he did do the stuff I'm denying. Maybe he didn't. We're oblivious to his life; so why grant him hate when you're not sure what you're hating him for?
Pickle-Face18

Pro

Sorry for contradicting myself. Well then, for the purposes of this argument; Justin Bieber deserves most of or all the hate he gets. I say most of because I agree that some of those stories are bound to be false, and that some of those pictures might not be good enough evidence to say that he did what he did. So, excluding those few false stories; Justin does deserve all of his hate. And we actually aren"t oblivious to what goes on in his life; social media and the constant flood of paparazzi do give us enough evidence and footage to judge him and his actions. It"s true that it"s impossible to judge or even really know his personality and him as a person, but laws in our society are not based off of whether someone is a "good person" or not. Justin Bieber may actually be an amazing guy with a great personality, but he did what he did, and it"s entirely fair to judge him. So, he does deserve all of his hate, since it"s a person"s actions, not who they are, that is worthy of judgement.

I know that everyone screws up, all the time, but the difference is that we, as normal members of society, are not constantly being monitored and observed by millions of people. And if we were, I"m sure that our mistakes, as common and excusable as you may think they are, actually wouldn"t be acceptable. I"m certain that, when he first became famous, Justin Bieber was informed about the probable hate and criticism that he would have to face as his fame grew. This hate is always probable because, as a celebrity, much of your life is happening on camera or in front of thousands of people. If either of us made Justin Bieber"s mistakes in our own lives, we wouldn"t be openly hated simply because we aren"t famous. Sure, Justin fucked up tons of times, but your argument that those mistakes are excusable because he"s human and normal people don"t get called out for their mistakes isn"t valid because Justin"s entire life is on a much bigger scale. He knew about the probability of hate; he made his choices. He"s aware that what he does will be judged by everyone; he still does stuff anyway. And it"s true that people do make mistakes every day, and so does Justin. But Justin"s hate-worthy actions are not what most people would consider a mere "mistake". He"s broken the law several times; he"s been thrown out of night clubs, and arrested for drag racing and resisting arrest.
http://www.tmz.com...
This link actually does have the video that you were looking for. It shows him getting into the car and the police stopping him.
And your last question? The haters ARE sure what they"re hating him for; being a horrible role model, breaking the law, and misusing his fame.
Sorry about the "s. My computer is doing it.
QueenChipotle

Con

My opponent states, " And we actually aren"t oblivious to what goes on in his life; social media and the constant flood of paparazzi do give us enough evidence and footage to judge him and his actions."

My response: We're oblivious. Just a couple sentences back my opponent stated, " I say most of because I agree that some of those stories are bound to be false, and that some of those pictures might not be good enough evidence to say that he did what he did. So, excluding those few false stories; Justin does deserve all of his hate." We can't identify the falsification of the stories that go out about Justin. This is exactly why we shouldn't hate him; we're ignorant to the truth behind the stories and even if we were aware, we shouldn't hate on him because we screw up ourselves. I'm not saying that it's okay, that we should pat Justin on the shoulder and tell him it's alright that he's been arrested, that he peed in a bucket, no; Justin needs to take responsibility for the mistakes he's made. Does that give us a right to hate him? No. Nobody deserves hate for the mistakes they made.

To restate what my opponent is saying, apparently Justin deserves the hate because he was aware of the actions he was doing as a celebrity (celebrities should have adapted to hate already) and that he keeps repeating them. Hate is the price of fame, which is understandable. Does that mean the celebrity deserves the hate they get? No. But, they will receive the hate anyways. My argument never stated that his mistakes are excusable; they aren't but they are humane. My opponent also states that Justin knew about the hate he would receive from the decisions he keeps on repeating. The decisions you're referring to is probably his underage drinking or his consumption of marijuana. Both of these drugs can be classified as depressants. Justin seems to have an addiction to depressants and what are we doing? We're giving him our hate. I'm not saying that we should pretend Justin isn't creating an abundant error [I never said it was a mere mistake so I'll start using abundant error] but what I'm trying to say is that he seems depressed (the only thing he does is skate and take crestfallen selfies). As far as Justin being thrown out of a night club or starting a brawl at a club, just know that alcohol is what's causing these actions.

The link you sent me showed that Justin was arrested for DUI, drag racing and resisting the police. A couple days later, the same website and a few other websites, showed that Justin DIDN'T get arrested for DUI or drag racing (resisting the police, yes).

Drag Racing: http://www.tmz.com...
DUI: http://www.cnn.com...

Apparently, Justin was only arrested for having a suspended license. Some police officers ended up getting suspended.

The sick twist about this is that there are so many stories behind Justin and what's he's been doing that the truth isn't crystal clear. We're OBLIVIOUS to what's happening in Justin's life. This is why we shouldn't hate him.

Even if we were aware of Justin's abundant errors, we shouldn't give him hate. Nobody deserves hate for where they fall short at.

My opponent states, "And your last question? The haters ARE sure what they"re hating him for; being a horrible role model, breaking the law, and misusing his fame."

My response: Justin being "a horrible role model" is a form of opinion as well as him "misusing his fame". I'm going to need the facts- lay off the opinions. As far as Justin breaking the law, we're all going to end up doing that one day whether it's popping fireworks during Independence Day, knowing it's illegal in your state or being pulled over for not having your seat belt on.

You're saying that the hate is excusable but I'm saying the hate is intolerable. It's a fact.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

If it's humane to make mistakes, is it not humane to hate? You're saying that nobody deserves hate for the mistakes they made. People can't help hating other people any more than they can help making those mistakes.

And we are not oblivious. We have a relatively good guess about which stories are false and which are true. We aren't debating whether or not Justin really did everything that the media says he did. He couldn't have. But from the several stories that we know for certain are true, we have a substantial amount of reason to judge Justin Bieber.

"Justin needs to take responsibility for the mistakes he's made." Yes he should. Does he? No.

Depression does not make someone less eligible for judgement. If Justin Bieber is in fact depressed, then he should be seeking treatment, not continuing his foolish behavioral patterns.

It is not a fact that hate is intolerable. Hate is a part of life for many people, and it's something that we can't help.

Unless you can show me some proof that "hate is intolerable"; that statement is simply an opinion.
QueenChipotle

Con

Hello, I really didn't think you would reply back but you did. I'm happy we can continue this debate, thank you for your rebuttal.

Hatred is humane. This statement is a true fact. Like I said before, I'll say it again; nobody deserves hate for the abundant errors they make. My opponent is saying that hate is acceptable because everyone does it and nobody can help but to hate someone. Hate is natural and just like an idea, you can never kill it; it'll always exist. That doesn't mean someone deserves it.

My opponent states, "And we are not oblivious. We have a relatively good guess about which stories are false and which are true. We aren't debating whether or not Justin really did everything that the media says he did. He couldn't have. But from the several stories that we know for certain are true, we have a substantial amount of reason to judge Justin Bieber."

My response: Indeed, we are oblivious. A guess isn't 100%. We're not debating about whether everything the media says is true but my opponent is the one who brought up the stories from the media since round one and I thought it was only appropriate to expose the truth about media. Nobody deserves to be judged from the abundant errors they make, nor do they deserve hate. Judgement in society is natural; that doesn't mean it's acceptable or right. We judge people every day (everyone does) but do they deserve that judgment: no.

Justin does need to take responsibility for the abundant errors he has made. Did he? Nobody can say he did, nobody can say he didn't. He does need to and that's why I consolidated that within my argument. My purpose of saying that was to show that he doesn't deserve hate but he does need to take responsibility for the sins he has created. My standpoint in the argument isn't to say that we should baby him; I'm saying we shouldn't give him hate.

My opponent stated, "Depression does not make someone less eligible for judgement. If Justin Bieber is in fact depressed, then he should be seeking treatment, not continuing his foolish behavioral patterns."

My response: Nothing makes anyone less eligible for judgement. Does that mean that they deserve the judgement? NO. Justin should seek treatment but that's something that he can only control. As far as his "foolish" behavioral patterns continuation, that's the side effects of his depression. He relies on alcohol and marijuana and he is unconscious to control himself.

My opponent wanted to point something out from my information as an opinion simply to reciprocate the actions I made among her. Hate is intolerable and that's a fact. Hate can't be accepted. Does that mean it doesn't occur? No. It occurs every second, every minute. I'm guilty of sending out hate. But, nobody deserves it. My proof for hate being intolerable would be you. If somebody sent out hate for the mistakes you made, you wouldn't be able to accept it; you might be able to manage it but you can't accept it.

Hate is in fact, intolerable; hate isn't acceptable to us (or at least to average being; there might be masochists) but it is expected and can be managed.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

"We judge people every day (everyone does) but do they deserve that judgement: no." Yes, people do deserve judgement. Judgement is necessary in our society. Without being judged, criticized, and even hated, people would never learn from their mistakes. People need judgement. Our society needs judgement.

And Justin Bieber is not unconscious to control himself. He is perfectly able to get the treatment he needs. People (yes, people who rely on alcohol and marijuana) do it all the time. His depression isn't giving him a free pass to do whatever he wants.

If you are guilty of sending out hate, doesn't that mean you deserve hate? You get what you give. And if everyone is guilty of sending out hate, that means everyone deserves what they just gave; hate. The hate Justin Bieber receives is karma coming back to bite him; he screwed up, he was mean to people, he's done some horrible things. Now he's getting what he deserves.
QueenChipotle

Con

QueenChipotle forfeited this round.
Pickle-Face18

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited her last round, our debate has officially come to a close. To summarize my arguments:
-He's broken the law.
-He's made mistakes in front of millions of people.
-His repeated errors and disgusting behaviour make him an inappropriate idol for millions of youth to have.
-Justin Bieber may be a wonderful person, but it's a person's actions that makes them worthy of judgement.
-It's humane to make mistakes, but it's also humane to hate.
-Instead of seeking treatment for his depression, Justin is continuing to behave foolishly.
-People deserve judgement and hate because it's necessary in our society.
-The hate Justin receives is his karma; you get what you give.
The reasons above and those in my debate arguments prove that Justin Bieber does deserve his hate.

Thank you to my opponent for an excellent debate.
Posted by DeeAnn 3 years ago
DeeAnn
Seriously, he was hated before he went all ghetto. To be honest, I bet one of the reasons he went ghetto in the first place was because of all the hate he had. Now people are using his felonies as an excuse to hate him, when they really just hate him for the fun of it.
Posted by QueenChipotle 3 years ago
QueenChipotle
Pinky22, just stay updated with this debate. My opponent stated the same thing; just keep yourself updated. You might change your mind. I make good points- good facts, that is.
Posted by pinky22 3 years ago
pinky22
He deserves hate because he's a bad influence. Enough said.
Posted by ambivalentsoul 3 years ago
ambivalentsoul
Oh god, he deserves hate just because you're little punk band fans get hate? Just because he's made a few unwise decisions doesn't mean he deserves hate, and if you actually believe he does, you need help.
Posted by pinky22 3 years ago
pinky22
I just want to say that Justin Bieber deserves the hate he gets just as much as the next person. Who cares? The bands I listen to and people like me get discriminated against all the time for the way we look or what we listen to. I haven't been to jail. I haven't had a DWI or any of the crap that he has. So, yes, he does deserve it, in my opinion. He needs to grow up and stop being a little punk.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
QueenChipotlePickle-Face18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The forfeiture caused me to give conduct points to Pro. Arguments go to Con because Pro consistently contradicted their own case and Con provided a more solid case while dismissing Pro's case due to a lack of solid evidence.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
QueenChipotlePickle-Face18Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even with one less round, I found con's arguments more convincing. Conduct to pro because of FF. Also, pro's sources were superior at backing his arguments.