ashleysugarcat
42lifeuniverseverything

Justin Bieber has changed

42lifeuniverseverything

ashleysugarcat

Pro

Justin Bieber is trying so hard to be good again and I love his music and his personality but he ruined that by turning himself into someone that he is not but later he realized his mistake so he stopped and he has done nothing but ask for forgiveness from his fans.
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

Justin is a great musician. I just want to clarify I like some of his music, and think its straight from the heart. But he himself is not the greatest person ever.

First, your argument is difficult to follow. I am assuming you are of this opinon: You liked young Justin Bieber, then when Justin Bieber changed into a difficult convict case, you didn't like that. Now you like him again because he is back to his old self, and has experienced a double transformation. He asked for your forgiveness, so you forgave him and that is that.

Am I getting it? I know I am, just wanted to ask out of courtesy.

Ok.

Here is a string of statements Bieber has made since his "change".

"What's weird is I am a Christian, I am a believer, and often people are too conservative and I don't think it's wrong.

"I'm stumbling over my words right now because I don't want to offend anybody, but I believe you can go and have a good time, get some drinks and enjoy yourself and can be with girls.

"I don't think you need to be serious about it.

"Loving God is a separate thing. But I don't think you have to love God and not be able to go out and enjoy yourself.

"As long as it's not provocative or intense or mean or evil. If you are living life based on loving God then just keep that in mind."

Here is the citation for these.
http://www.mirror.co.uk...

Beside these statements being totally incorrect on how the Christian Faith works according to the Bible (I promise no religous points), lets remember something.

Its Justin's word against everyone else. Justin says he has changed, but is it really true? We don't make excuses for convicts that are not famous, so why make one for him? That is my first argument.

My second, is that Justin Bieber is not trying hard to be good. The quote above says he is partying without serious considering of the consequences. That is a direct contradiction, and I have evidence.

Third, Bieber's music is not what defines him. This is evidenced by the fact that he literally sings about romance all the time, but cannot hold a solid relationship. So he evidently doesn't hold to his songs. This invalidates your claim that his good music proves his change.

Finally, Justin Bieber did more than commit a "mistake". He drag raced through Miami, had drugs in his home, and assaulted his neighbors. All of these misdemeanors endangered the lives of others, a significant problem and one that cannot be pushed to the side and ignored. Read the complaints and charges here.
http://www.cnn.com...

Anyway I don't want to keep you company, and I am not sorry. So don't love me, and don't ask me what I mean.

ashleysugarcat

Pro

ashleysugarcat forfeited this round.
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

Also I just think that Justin Bieber needs to be making music, and not talking about is dramatic change. His music got more mature, but that changed is not the type that the Pro addressed in the first round.
ashleysugarcat

Pro

ashleysugarcat forfeited this round.
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

I win. Silence is consent.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
ashleysugarcat42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.
Vote Placed by ssadi 1 year ago
ssadi
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited 2 out of 3 rounds, therefore conduct goes to Con. As for arguments, the resolution is a fact claim that Justin Bieber "has" changed, therefore BOP is fully on Pro. However, no arguments except of some bare assertions were presented by Pro. So, by the nature of the claim, BOP and the fact that no convincing argument was presented by Pro to fill their BOP, I think it is fair to give argument points to Con by default since there are no "arguments" for them to rebut. In short, Pro forfeited 2 out of 3 rounds without presenting any convincing argument while BOP was fully on them. Therefore, I vote Con for arguments as well.